• No (Explain why)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

Hi everyone,

As you has read in the title, I'm proposing being able to edit some data on reports.

Why this?

- Sometimes when you're reporting someone, you can just choose the wrong evidence or just confuse the player name.

Myself for example, I'm an active reporter who usually report between 6-7 person a day (which to me is actually a lot)

And sometimes I copy the wrong name and doesn't appear in the screenshot, pick other evidence...

Then, this could be a nice feature to the reports on the page.

How it would work?

- To all of you who haven't used the web yet; There's three prefix when you report someone:

1. Open. - This is the first stage that get your report, this means it's open, and nobody has looked onto it yet.
  2. Closed. - This means that the staff has looked on your report, but they haven't has the correct evidence, player... Or the rule infractor has been just punished for someone else.
  3. Handled. - This is when your report has been seen by a staff member and has been accepted/the player has been punished thanks to you mainly.
(Important: Please note that when your report is on Handled/Closed, there always be a message from the staff member who looked on your report)

How it would work?

To be honest I was thinking about the idea of just delete the report and create a new one, but then, I think how the annoying it would be for staff members when they'll get the notifications.

So, then:

• With the new update of the report system on the web, you would be able to:

1. Modify player name.
  2. Modify evidence.
  3. Add more evidences.

Okay, to y'all who are thinking about the "abuse" of this:

- Staff won't get any notification when a report is modified. This is because it could only be done when your report is still Open.
- You'll can only do it once.

What it can avoid?

Situations like:

- Pick the wrong evidence
- Pick the wrong name.
- Have to create another report because the evidence "isn't enough".

It's possible that this same idea could have already been proposed, but just wanted to do it again.

Well, this has been all, comment below your opinion about it, and don't forget to vote in the poll! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Wow, that's an amazing idea, I really like that, because you're so right. Since as you say you're a pretty active user reporting just like me and many more users. I've never made that mistake, but I think it's a great idea, since everyone can get confused like you say. +1

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

This has been suggested mutiple times before.

But talking about being able to edit reports:

I don't think this is a good idea, you could edit a report while a Moderator is checking it and that could lead to mistakes and false punishments.

I'm fairly sure someone of the admin team replied that we're not doing this as people could accidentally report themselves (like them using a cheating client) and if they discover, they could just edit the report.
Might sound weird, but it happens rather often :p

In my opinion, this isn't really neccesary as you can just create a new report for adding evidence and information from your previous report.

And to prevent all the things listed above.

Last edited:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I agree with this, however this wouldn’t be needed if Cubecraft let you delete reports too. I think being able to edit and delete would be great features to have! +1

D

Deleted member 469419

Thank y'all who support this idea! I've updated some thread mistakes.

Reactions: vasui

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
Great idea you should definetely talk to a staff member about this, I hope this feature gets added since I’m also a daily reporter and also get this problem sometimes

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom