Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I like playing 1v1 duels. It's much more convenient than FFA for some mindless sword hitting. I also prefer fights that last longer than a few seconds, so I would like to play with the op kits. There are multiple problems with that though.

There is no op kit that has just sword combat. I agree that having some alterations to the boring combat is nice, but there should be at least one kit that is just a sword and maybe food to attract those boring players.

Stone ranks can't select the kit they want to play with. That means that if they don't like a specific kit they have to leave the game after a match has been found which is pretty annoying for theit opponent that actually wanted to play that kit. But more importantly, it also means that anyone who bought at least iron rank has a much higher chance to be matched with a stone rank than with another rank. Since most players buy ranks after playing a lot and getting somewhat decent at the game, this makes matched even more unbalanced than completely random matches would be. There should be an option to create a custom queue selecting all the kits you are willing to play with from different sections. That would enhance the chance of getting paired with another rank without having to play with the iron warrior every time.

Combat logging has no consequenses. Especially in op duels it is very common to type leave the game when you notice there is no chance to win. If you lose a game and get matched with the same player again, you can leave immediately. Leaving a match should at least count as a death. I also think the /leave command should not be available in random duels, so players would have to disconnect from the server and rejoin. Leaving should not be used as a way to select the kit or your opponent.

Players don't know how the game works. Especially in op duels, players don't know about the attack cooldown. I have seen players trying to block hit with food in their hand. When playing soup duels, I almost never see someone use a single soup. For people spam clicking there could be an informative title text and chat message if they do it for an extended time, although I am not sure how resource consuming that would be. There should be an interactive PvP tutorial in the PvP lobby. It should be split into different sections such as Basics, Bows, Soups, Pots, Advanced Strategies etc. The basic tutorial should be mandatory to play through before playing your first duel.

Not everyone is a sweaty tryhard. That's fine, but I think it can be frustrating for both sides if one opponent takes the game really serious spending hundreds of hours trying to perfect every hit while the other one just wants to try out the game and have some fun. Maybe there could be an additional queue that is only available to players with a certain amout of duel wins and is meant for players that want to have more of a challenge. I'm not completely sure if that would split up the PvP players and make it take too long to find a match, but I feel like it would make tha game a lot more enjoyable both for those that currently just play FFA because duel matches are too boring and those that just want to play the occasional short game.

I wrote this thread after half an hour of playing with the OP Warrior. I entered 20 games. In 16 of those, my opponent was spam clicking, in 2 they left before fighting, meaning 2 were fighting with charged hits. 6 times my opponent left the game before dieing. In one single game my opponent did neither spam click nor leave. Now that was even worse than average, but not by much. Currently the only way to get decent fights somewhat often is to play with the iron warrior every single time since that's the only way to get matched with the other ranked players. That's pretty boring.

TL; DR: basically the same as this thread I made a while ago: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/multiple-pvp-suggestions.192793/

Last edited:

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Even the 1.9 players still think they're playing 1.8 :eek:
Yes. That's why an interactive PvP tutorial that is more or less forced on new players could really help in my opinion. Most PvP servers, even those that players can join with up to date clients, disable the attack cooldown, the offhand slot and change the regeneration, so it's understandable that players assume it's the same here. You would think that most players would catch up on that after getting killed a few times, but evidently they don't.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
This is 1 of the reasons I hate 1.9 combat :L People still spam click.
Anyways,
Stone ranks can't select the kit they want to play with. That means that if they don't like a specific kit they have to leave the game after a match has been found which is pretty annoying for theit opponent that actually wanted to play that kit. But more importantly, it also means that anyone who bought at least iron rank has a much higher chance to be matched with a stone rank than with another rank. Since most players buy ranks after playing a lot and getting somewhat decent at the game, this makes matched even more unbalanced than completely random matches would be. There should be an option to create a custom queue selecting all the kits you are willing to play with from different sections. That would enhance the chance of getting paired with another rank without having to play with the iron warrior every time.
I agree because if I join a game it'll be soup and I hate souping, and I don't even know all the kits
Players don't know how the game works. Especially in op duels, players don't know about the attack cooldown. I have seen players trying to block hit with food in their hand. When playing soup duels, I almost never see someone use a single soup. For people spam clicking there could be an informative title text and chat message if they do it for an extended time, although I am not sure how resource consuming that would be. There should be an interactive PvP tutorial in the PvP lobby. It should be split into different sections such as Basics, Bows, Soups, Pots, Advanced Strategies etc. The basic tutorial should be mandatory to play through before playing your first duel.
But if stone ranks know which kit there playing, they'll pick the kit that suits them, and their playing style.
Not everyone is a sweaty tryhard. That's fine, but I think it can be frustrating for both sides if one opponent takes the game really serious spending hundreds of hours trying to perfect every hit while the other one just wants to try out the game and have some fun. Maybe there could be an additional queue that is only available to players with a certain amout of duel wins and is meant for players that want to have more of a challenge. I'm not completely sure if that would split up the PvP players and make it take too long to find a match, but I feel like it would make tha game a lot more enjoyable both for those that currently just play FFA because duel matches are too boring and those that just want to play the occasional short game.
I agree with that because I would get paired up with people who don't even know how to pvp :L

If I didn't reply to a section it means I have no comment and I agree with it :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom