• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 313087

Map name: Underwater

Creator: Borgnath

Description:
Hello there! I built a map for duels because... why not? Players spawn 25 blocks from the middle. I think, there is enough space for normal duels map. To avoid camping, invisible blocks are placed around the dome.

Screenshots:

General view of the map.
2019-08-03-22-19-20.png

View from the players spawn
2019-08-03-22-19-09.png

Map overview
2019-08-03-22-20-17.png

Top of the dome
2019-08-03-22-22-05.png

Left side
2019-08-03-22-19-25.png

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
The cube of water surrounding the dome is way too large. It will take ages to generate layer by layer and doesn't add much to the map. The space inside the dome looks a bit dark in places which isn’t much of an issue but I’d prefer it being well lit. I assume you’re hiding lighting under the carpets however increasing the number of these would sometimes get in the way of placing blocks, lava and water so I’m not sure what to suggest.

There isn’t too much cover to stall bow duels which is good.

To avoid camping, invisible blocks are placed around the dome.
Do you mean they’re placed above a certain height within the dome? This is unnecessary as in duels the server is coded to stop players from placing blocks too high.
Or do you mean there’s a layer of barrier blocks between the glass and water? If not this is an important addition to stop people breaking out and swimming away.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
I've always wanted to do big maps like this, I think the concept is awesome, nice work on that!

BUT (butts)

Due to our system, this map would take about 10 mins to load. This system can't be changed because the dev who would have to do it, just for the sake of bigger maps on our 5/6th most popular game is currently coding for 2 networks and would lie on the floor if I asked him :rubikfaceplant: that's how the emoji on discord came to be.

When making duels maps. Always aim to go around 10-12 blocks high, and about 3-4 blocks thick. The wider and bigger it is, the worse it is for loading. We've removed a few maps that caused these issues. They're pretty easy to make and very to configure. Think about flatness for pvp and loading times, they are key when making duels maps. - Locking we can't release a map like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Top Bottom