Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I do like the new improvement and I enjoy seeing it but I don't think it's good enough to be a duels map.

Sugar Cane: I know you tried to fix it by having only one sugar cane but now it looks really bland. Having two sugar cane will be annoying for PvP. I think the biggest reason it looks so bad is because of the water. The sugar cane is next to the water and said water is one block down from the rest of the map. I can understand that this was done to not make the map one flat area but it does make the sugar cane look odd.
Speaking about the water: perhaps add more details with glass? Just some darker colors mixed in there. I'm not sure if I'd look good. And I understand that you added the real water + lily pad so the sugar cane can grow... but it looks odd. It doesn't look good at all, I'm sorry.

Grass: Simply: it looks way too boring and basic. In a map like Jurassic there is still dirt mixed into the grass. Shrine has a path in the middle to not make it pure grass. Making it look less boring.
Perhaps consider adding some grass (plants, not blocks). Royal has quite a lot of flowers so they've made it clear this isn't a big deal especially since they're one block tall. (Or less then) and do try and make the grass look less boring..
If I recall correctly you tried to do it and it didn't look good, but this just looks to good. If there's nothing to make it look better you should consider not letting this one be added. It just looks too boring.
It's not really about the grass but the stone fences? They look really odd. Perhaps change them.. I don't know where to, try normal fences? Maybe that'd look good. Not sure.

Wall: I personally liked the previous wall more then this one. It looks too small. Are the barriers still there? Because you can easily climb on top of the wall which asks for camping. From what I can see it's the same for the waterfall.

I do love the new spawn area, it looks great. It looks sooo much better then the other spawn. That one just looked out of place.

TL;DR
- Fix the sugar cane looking odd
- Make the grass look less boring
- Change the walls back to the previous one
- More details in the water
- Change the stone fences ( I know they're called walls but then it's 2x change the walls)

Reactions: Eli

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Map looks fine, with the new terraforming it feels more spacious even though it's not any bigger. @Sweetenerera mentioned barriers. They could be usefull if you don't want people to climb up. Adding some detail to the ground could be a thing, but I feel like it's something minor due to the style.
Other that that, me like. could send me the schematic? I'll probably make some changes as directed to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.