Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 469419

my man contradicts himself within 18 words lol.

no. first, I don't believe Sentinel is getting fixed anytime soon, second, even if it isn't, people still shouldn't stop trying to improve, period.

Sentinel is not getting fixed up? Tell to developers that are constantly working and Cubecraft has contracted exclusively for Sentinel

Last edited by a moderator:

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Sentinel is not getting fixed? Tell to developers that are constantly working and Cubecraft has contracted exclusively for Sentinel
Tell thát to the hundreds of players who've been falsely banned by it and the thousands of players who've waited for improvements for years, but eventually quit the server because they're annoyed and frustrated by the constant stream of hackers who are easily bypassing the anticheat with working hacked clients that can literally be found through simple google searches and tutorials.

Reactions: Drakie❤

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Sentinel is not getting fixed? Tell to developers that are constantly working and Cubecraft has contracted exclusively for Sentinel
FYI “fixing” an anticheat is something that can’t be done easily. Hacked clients improve/change, and sentinel has to improve at the same time. There are people who sell hacked clients, these people are experts that will keep trying to find Sentinel (WatchDog, AAC, etc) bypasses to exploit them. Finding what/how they’re bypassing them isn’t exactly easy

saztper9

Jan 6, 2020
FYI “fixing” an anticheat is something that can’t be done easily. Hacked clients improve/change, and sentinel has to improve at the same time. There are people who sell hacked clients, these people are experts that will keep trying to find Sentinel (WatchDog, AAC, etc) bypasses to exploit them. Finding what/how they’re bypassing them isn’t exactly easy
sentinel is not that hard to bypass. Also, i dont think that AAC has any major bypasses rn because its an actual anticheat unlike sentinel. Things that can bypass sentinel is common sense, and/or basic knowledge of coding mc hacks. Also, an anticheat can get fixed pretty easily if you actually know how to make an anticheat in the first place

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
because its an actual anticheat unlike sentinel.
d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

Also, an anticheat can get fixed pretty easily
Problem is that you need an Anti Cheat developer for that, which we currently don't have. Not really a surprise that we're running behind on cheaters.

saztper9

Jan 6, 2020
d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

Problem is that you need an Anti Cheat developer for that, which we currently don't have. Not really a surprise that we're running behind on cheaters.
What i mean by "actual anticheat" is an anticheat that can detect most kinds of hacks, and AAC can actually do that. Sentinel can barley detect anything at all, and u could probably make a better anticheat with command blocks ngl. Also how does cubecraft not have an anticheat for that like cubecraft said they were gona set priorities for sentinel like 2 months ago or smth like that and cubecraft still doesnt have a dev for that? just buy an anticheat bruh

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
What i mean by "actual anticheat" is an anticheat that can detect most kinds of hacks, and AAC can actually do that. Sentinel can barley detect anything at all, and u could probably make a better anticheat with command blocks ngl. Also how does cubecraft not have an anticheat for that like cubecraft said they were gona set priorities for sentinel like 2 months ago or smth like that and cubecraft still doesnt have a dev for that? just buy an anticheat bruh
It’s still a priority but if nobody applies for the job or is suited for the job then you’re done quickly. It’s a waiting game right now

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
Just like Mari said above. Without an anti-cheat specific developer or someone who knows how to code the anti-cheat, there is really nothing that can be done about it right now. And since CrazymanJR left, Who was the one who developed and looked after Sentinal and the Sentinal ban appeals (No idea who's running the ban appeals for Sentinal now). They have been lacking in that area.

So the best thing to do right now is to be patient and have faith that someone will come along and do what they can for Sentinal and CCG

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
It’s still a priority but if nobody applies for the job or is suited for the job then you’re done quickly. It’s a waiting game right now
If no one is willing to apply, than you might want to reconsider the way the anticheat gets used and improved in the first place. My guess is that Sentinel has gained somewhat of a bad reputation amongst developers and programmers. It's a waiting game if you choose so, there are usually other solutions other than just waiting (skyblock is an exception for example). I'm sorry but if your reply represents the way Cubecraft is currently handling the Sentinel issue, I'd be very dissapointed in the extremely passive way they're tackling the problem.

Considering that there are closed source anti-cheat foundations and complete anti-cheats even out there up for grabs, I wouldn't have any problem with Cubecraft fully ditching Sentinel the way it currently is and starting from scratch.

Alexxxx

Nov 29, 2017
Indiana United States
Sure sentinel has had a bad reputation but a lot has been worked out since it was first a thing. I was false banned twice by sentinel. both in my cages yet my bans didn't get removed. but it has definitely came a long way.

thisiwatchyou

Novice Member
Jan 3, 2020
Removed by a moderator

Attachments

• HELP ME.png
    HELP ME.png
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 357

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Writing in caps isn’t going to help. There’s also reports.cubecraft.net, where you, as clearly stated, need video evidence in order to get someone banned. With only a screenshots, moderators can’t verify what you’re saying.

Also, stop spamming the same thing. This isn’t going to help

Reactions: ImJunior and Onik
This might be slightly off-topic but what about the people currently banned by Sentinel? Are their logs still being checked by someone or is anyone who didn't record the exact moment of the ban simply out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom