Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft edit shield mechanics if they update past 1.11?

• Attempt to emulate 1.9-1.10 shields.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mojang should revert shields

• Mojang should keep the new shields the same.

• Total voters

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Eventually cubecraft will have to update or they can be scrubs like most other servers and with that update will come the very powerful 1.11 shields. For those who don't know 1.11 vanilla shields block all damage and reduce knockback 100%. I personally would love to see pretty much every 1.11 & 1.10 feature added to cubecraft except these shields :P Some spigot/bukkit servers I play cause knockback to be taken when using 1.11 shields so they can be edited :P I personally would like to see 1.11 shields block all damage still but have the person take knockback as 1.9 shields are really bad :P
What do you guys think about the changes to shields?

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I generally don't like changing core game mechanics, for example I dislike all those servers that disable the weapon cooldown and I'm also not a big fan of the weird mechanics in survival games. I'd prefer for the combat to feel as close to vanilla mc as possible. Maybe they could greatly increase the durability the shield looses on a melee attack so people can't just hide behind theirr shield forever but can still use it against bows.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Well with the 1.9 update bowspamming became more powerful than ever and being able to block it should be possible. But lets say this. Before ANYONE complains we should test it. Lets look at a recent example. Sombra from overwatch. When people got a first look into her everyone though she was overpowered and would completly change the meta. Look at her now. Even after some buff she is still nowhere near viability. You cant judge something just by looking at it once. Lets take another example. Ana. Since Ana was the first hero to be released after the initial 22 started blizzard had no idea how to balance a new hero.
Feedback 1 week after her release
"ANA NEEDS BUFFS"
Blizzard slapped her with some big buffs and once people learned how to play her it started the dreadful triple tank meta.
The feedback then was
"ANA NEEDS NERFS"
People judged just by looking at it once. That should never be.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Well with the 1.9 update bowspamming became more powerful than ever and being able to block it should be possible. But lets say this. Before ANYONE complains we should test it. Lets look at a recent example. Sombra from overwatch. When people got a first look into her everyone though she was overpowered and would completly change the meta. Look at her now. Even after some buff she is still nowhere near viability. You cant judge something just by looking at it once. Lets take another example. Ana. Since Ana was the first hero to be released after the initial 22 started blizzard had no idea how to balance a new hero.
Feedback 1 week after her release
"ANA NEEDS BUFFS"
Blizzard slapped her with some big buffs and once people learned how to play her it started the dreadful triple tank meta.
The feedback then was
"ANA NEEDS NERFS"
People judged just by looking at it once. That should never be.
I play on multiple 1.11 vanilla pvp servers and most had to drastically reduce the durability of shields to prevent people from turtling :P One server has the shields be 1 use pretty much and they are still very useful for comboing someone :P

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
The anti-knockback with the shield should definently stay in my opinion. But that players with the shield activated get 0% damage from swords and axes is what i don't like, especially in pvp games. So in my opinion they should keep the shield as it is now.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Eventually cubecraft will have to update or they can be scrubs like most other servers and with that update will come the very powerful 1.11 shields :p For those who don't know 1.11 vanilla shields block all damage and reduce knockback 100%. I personally would love to see pretty much every 1.11 & 1.10 feature added to cubecraft except these shields :p Some spigot/bukkit servers I play cause knockback to be taken when using 1.11 shields so they can be edited :p I personally would like to see 1.11 shields block all damage still but have the person take knockback as 1.9 shields are really bad :p
What do you guys think about the changes to shields? :p
I only care about the anti-knockback being way too OP.

gabbyy

Mar 4, 2017
imo the shields should stay just how they are. i understand they can be quite annoying at times but you can just hit them from the back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) so that they do take damage or you can just hit them until their shield breaks

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
imo the shields should stay just how they are. i understand they can be quite annoying at times but you can just hit them from the back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) so that they do take damage or you can just hit them until their shield breaks
I do agree!

skps2010

Mar 12, 2016
Taiwan
I have another idea: Shield should stay as how it is, but if you block melee attack with it, the shield will take damage equal to the strength of the attack*5, so the shield can still block arrows, but it will break much faster if it blocks melee attack.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
But if they remove the antiknockback in shields, they end up being pretty much useless. Everyone uses shields to block the knockback from bows.
This is talking about minecraft 1.11 shields that, when you use them, you take no knockback from melee attacks as well. Arrows are fine :P

Stay the way they are as in 1.9 shields? :P If you don't play 1.11 only servers this probably doesn't make much sense to you :P If you're not taking about that then Ive tested it with a friend who is an incredibly good pvper and strafer and he was not able to get behind me at all :P Also in 1.11 it will take you 42 hits with a diamond sword to finally break the shield and 42 more if they are trolling and have another shield

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I have another idea: Shield should stay as how it is, but if you block melee attack with it, the shield will take damage equal to the strength of the attack*5, so the shield can still block arrows, but it will break much faster if it blocks melee attack.
Thats a good idea.

gabbyy

Mar 4, 2017
Ive tested it with a friend who is an incredibly good pvper and strafer and he was not able to get behind me at all
it really depends how good the person is at pvp, i'm kinda used to it since I always used to play on a kitpvp server where people would use shields all the time so i kinda know how to get around them lol

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom