• Ur stoopid for suggesting this

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I have to agree with both Tacos as AnimalTamer, if you are staff on one platform, then you should be staff everywhere. If you're not trustworthy enough to use ban commands in-game, then you're not trustworthy enough to get ban perks in the Discord.
Like I mentioned in my post, in my opinion the applicants should first receive the helper rank after a background check (previous bans, warnings, behaviour, etc) and a test. (By the way, I didn't mention this in my post but I thought these points would be useful)
No, you should not get the ban-commands in game if you're not trustworthy enough to get ban perks in the Discord server, but that was not my point. (Helpers can't use the ban hammer). My point was that more users could be helped out if there would be more active staff members in the Discord server. The server does not hire many staff members so I think this rank would be a solution to the problem.
A lot of points against this idea have been given by both the former staff manager as the current one
Let's see.
The simple answer is we need more staff. The recruitment team is doing their best to find active, trustworthy members, but with our current applicants, that's proving to be a difficult task. We don't want to lower our standards or take on a risky staff member just because staff-help is under-moderated.
I've never said that the recruitment team should lower their standards, and I've never said that the recruitment team should accept risky applicants. I think this rank should be there for those who love to help, but don't have enough time / want / are able to moderate another platform.

If these so-called Discord helpers have enough time to voluntarily help players on the Discord, then surely they have enough time to be staff on the other platforms as well. No staff members are required to be online 24/7 or even daily. There are a lot of current staff members I have NEVER seen in-game or have NEVER handled one of my reports, yet they are staff
If you have enough time to be a staff member in a Discord server, that doesn't mean that you have enough time to be staff on other platforms. Being staff in a Discord server takes less time than being staff on a Minecraft server.
This could sound a little rude, but yes, there are many staff members who never handle any reports and there are staff members who are never active, but they have been active in the past. However, in my opinion, if you are staff, you should be active for a long time. You can't just apply, be active for some months and be inactive for like 6 months, if you have no actual reason. (I know some staff members do things behind the scenes)
I do understand where everyone is coming from, though if current members want to help someone then they can do so in the regular chat channels. Don't see why you'd need a role for this
When I tryharded for the helper rank I answered questions asked in staff-help a lot. This is often not appreciated by members and they will throw hate at you. I thought it was not worth it so I quit answering questions. Also, staff members know more about the server than normal members and are trusted: Staff members mostly tell the truth and sometimes normal members could say things that are not true. So, my point is that answering questions in staff help as a member is annoying and that users believe staff members more often than members.

Reactions: Chitter and Dutudy

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This isnt about banning, but only about getting the permission to send messages helping those in staff help

Also its alot easier to be online on discord than online in minecraft, as many people use discord on the car, or on the bus
Like I mentioned in my post, in my opinion the applicants should first receive the helper rank after a background check (previous bans, warnings, behaviour, etc) and a test. (By the way, I didn't mention this in my post but I thought these points would be useful)
No, you should not get the ban-commands in game if you're not trustworthy enough to get ban perks in the Discord server, but that was not my point. (Helpers can't use the ban hammer). My point was that more users could be helped out if there would be more active staff members in the Discord server. The server does not hire many staff members so I think this rank would be a solution to the problem.

Let's see.

I've never said that the recruitment team should lower their standards, and I've never said that the recruitment team should accept risky applicants. I think this rank should be there for those who love to help, but don't have enough time / want / are able to moderate another platform.

If you have enough time to be a staff member in a Discord server, that doesn't mean that you have enough time to be staff on other platforms. Being staff in a Discord server takes less time than being staff on a Minecraft server.
This could sound a little rude, but yes, there are many staff members who never handle any reports and there are staff members who are never active, but they have been active in the past. However, in my opinion, if you are staff, you should be active for a long time. You can't just apply, be active for some months and be inactive for like 6 months, if you have no actual reason. (I know some staff members do things behind the scenes)

When I tryharded for the helper rank I answered questions asked in staff-help a lot. This is often not appreciated by members and they will throw hate at you. I thought it was not worth it so I quit answering questions. Also, staff members know more about the server than normal members and are trusted: Staff members mostly tell the truth and sometimes normal members could say things that are not true. So, my point is that answering questions in staff help as a member is annoying and that users believe staff members more often than members.
The main reason to not at this simply is, you don't need a role to help users, even if it wouldn't be in staff-help, there are still regular chat channels

These Discord helpers might get hate, but so do normal staff and so do normal players. You'll always get hate, no matter what.
Everyone, though in particular the staff members (both the Discord helpers as current staff members) should just ignore this or be able to handle it

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
The main reason to not at this simply is, you don't need a role to help users, even if it wouldn't be in staff-help, there are still regular chat channels

These Discord helpers might get hate, but so do normal staff and so do normal players. You'll always get hate, no matter what.
Everyone, though in particular the staff members (both the Discord helpers as current staff members) should just ignore this or be able to handle it
I meant that you'll probably get hate if you answer questions in staff help as a normal member.
And
So, my point is that answering questions in staff help as a member is annoying and that users believe staff members more often than members.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I understand what you are saying, and love the idea/enthusiasm to help, but I still am fully against this idea. Since me saying that I still agree with what Tacos had said in the past does not seem to be enough, let me go into detail about my personal reasoning as to why I am against this.
Let me note one thing before I move onto the rest of the points made in this thread. According to your fact check the applications have been open for over 1 year, with only a week break. Problem is, you seem to have overlooked them Staff Manager change, or the fact that with that change comes new opportunities as well as a desire to know that the applicants that applied are still interested. I have been staff manager for 3ish months now, 2 of those months dedicated to holidays, school finals, and learning my position as Admin. I am not Tacos, not to say he did a bad job, so the applications have not been open under my management for over 1 year. This means that the applications were closed to reset them for my management and have only been open for about a month officially where I am fully in control of them (with the recruitment team of course).

You've recruited 8 helpers in one year, which is not a lot, compared to other years. In 1 year, you've lost about 20 moderators and helpers, which is an obvious decline.
I have not, Tacos did. New year, new staff manager.

Now that I cleared that up, let me start discussing the rest of the thread.

After some time of doing good work they could be promoted to discord moderator, and would have the same permissions as normal moderators.
No. Simple as that. If I can not trust you to ban/punish users in-game, I can not trust you to do so in Discord.

I have NEVER seen in-game or have NEVER handled one of my reports, yet they are staff
You may not have seen them, but I assure you they are there. One thing to remember is, just because a staff did not handle a report from you, does not mean they are not doing reports. Just because you may not see them in game, does not mean they are not there. Some just stay hidden in the lobbies or in-games.

This isnt about banning, but only about getting the permission to send messages helping those in staff help
Also its alot easier to be online on discord than online in minecraft, as many people use discord on the car, or on the bus
So first thing, the reason this would not work well is the very obvious reason: about half, if not more, of the messages in staff help are "Name is cheating/camping/teaming" "Server is down" "There is a spam account on the forums" or someone breaking the rules in staff-help itself. If you are only there to post a response in Discord then this is something I see happening:
"Please record and report"
"I can't, I have Labymod" or "Just come online, I don't want to report" or "I am on Bedrock and can't register an account"
You also would not be able to deal with those breaking the rule in Discord, so you would not really be a Discord 'helper' and you can not deal with the spam accounts on the forums or alert those that need alerting about a server outage, immediately.

The server does not hire many staff members so I think this rank would be a solution to the problem.
Two things:
1. Give me a chance :)
2. We need dedicated people, that have the minimum requirements and pass all "background checks" (as you call it) before we can hire them. If we don't have the applying, well where are our helpers going to come from? This is why Tacos said:
We don't want to lower our standards or take on a risky staff member just because staff-help is under-moderated.

They may not trust you still. They will see [DISCORD] and think 'hmm why aren't they a normal staff. Can I trust them to know what is going on?'

I meant that you'll probably get hate if you answer questions in staff help as a normal member.
Even staff get hate for helping users, if they do not help in the perfect way that member wants help. It happens, it is a part of helping/managing such a large community (:

Now for my personal thoughts, not a reply to your messages:
I would like to point out that unfortunately, if you can’t be active on our server/forums, I don’t see how I can trust you to be active on our discord. I know that they are different platforms, and some are easier to check then others, but the Forums and Discord are both accessible on a phone. I mean so is the way staff do a lot of things. Yes being in-game on the server is good and we require that, but if you can not for a week (as long as you were to be communicative about it) then it would not be an issue. I never require my staff to be on 24/7 or if they have things going on in their life I want them to handle that first as real life comes before the server. Now, as for the potential of abuse of powers, I know we can check in on them, but the staff team is a team and I would not want to divide this team up to sections. We work together and carry the burden together as a team and dividing them into 'This member does Discord, this one the whole network' etc seems a bit unfair and frankly not logical.
Also: We allow you to help in #English if there are no staff helping those in #Staff-Help. So feel free to do that. The reason we do not allow you to post in #Staff-Help is to minimize/avoid the chance of false information being shared/spread.

Now if you see a problem with the staff, feel free to create a staff-feedback thread in the appropriate section and I can always look into this and handle it as needed. If you wish to help out the server, feel free to apply, as long as you meet the minimum requirements. (:

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2024.05.28-17.08.mp4 28_5_2024 8_08_25 μμ.png
It feels so good every time! 🔥
Soooo i've been hosting giveaways past 2 days :cube_arrow::cube_light:
Yesterday we got 7 bundles winners :agree:
and today we got 10 more winners :agree:
I'm so glad that everyone was there and ejoyed the event!
why do i do this? simple..
it just makes me happy and feel good:D
its allways nice to make CubeCraft's community happy
and making them enjoy their staying here :cube_dark:!
JokeKaedee wrote on Loskol's profile.
Omg once again you are my reminder to do my Duolingo streak, thanks!
Hi everyone, i am just register on this official cubecraft site. I am from Kyrgyzstan.
Top Bottom