• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Just hear me out.

Discord Helper rank.

Only achievable on Discord. Not an in game rank.

Discord Helper.

even a bot could be created so that some of this "easy" questions could also be answered without the requirement of a staff member to answer the question and to focus on some others that are harder.
Do you have any idea how hard that is to make, and how easy it is for the bot to mess up? Or how you need to extremely carefully select some specific words for it?

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not exactly what you mean by a trail in regards to the helper training process, but when I was a helper it was a mix of learning something new and demonstrating my abilities, to say the least. I'm not sure if that has changed or not for those who came after me, but I can't see any reason why it would. For that matter, I know some of the previous helpers learned a lot during their training. It'd be great to see more moderators on the team, so personally I'd like to see more helpers coming around soon than complicating the matter by having specialized members answer questions for us. So best of luck to the hopefuls!
This is a little offtopic, but I want to add something about this. The helper training has been improved A LOT last months, and keeps being improved and expanded every cycle. Is not what it used to be some years ago. The passive attitude mentors used to have a couple of years ago doesn't exists anymore, and helpers have now trainings with reports, punishment types with tons of examples, deadlines and even in-game cooperative spectating times.

On topic
I'm expecting some new helpers soon so this issue with the staffhelp channel will be decreased
I meant that helper is a trail before becoming mod. You learn new stuff and learn to develop yourself, but right now helpers already need the qualities of the moderators. It’s not really a learning process anymore as only the best of the best that get accepted. There should be more helper apps getting accepted instead of what’s happening right now. About 12 helpers max a year is nearly not enough to cover up the manpower you need, especially with the growth of bedrock.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Do you have any idea how hard that is to make
I do, not that hard actually, thing is as you pointed out there is a widely spread number of topics people want information about. Creating a bot or multiple to fulfill all those specific types of questions wouldn't be hard, it'd just take up a lot of time and research on how questions usually get formulated.

With that said, I actually don't think a discord bot is that bad of an idea. It could start off simple, detecting words that clearly link to a more narrowed down topic. For example: whenever someone uses "banned" or a conjugated form, chances are they're looking for info on how to get unbanned, how to report someone or at least something in that corner. Discord bots have the ability to PM people, they could set up a system where, whenever people request for its help, the bot sends them a message with list of subtopics it predicts the player wants info on, followed by the best place to then look for their answer (say #Staff-Help, Rulebook, (the suggest #Help, etc.)
They'd still be able to simply directly ask a mod if the gained information wasn't sufficient, but it might also solve quite a lot of problems before staff needs to put time into them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom