• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
+1 after all FFA means free for all.
Which is exactly why teaming shouldn't be banned:
upload_2018-4-21_23-38-58.png

If you add restrictions, then the game no longer lives up to its name.

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
I don't think it should be punishable, here's why:
-Teams comprise a massive portion of the player-base. You'd be alienating so many people that it could actually kill the game for everybody
-The game's name implies that every legal play-style is allowed. If you begin punishing certain play-styles then the name no longer represents what the game is about
-The rules are poorly organised as it is. If they were to now read "Teaming is allowed in all games except team-based variants and FFA", it makes the rules harder to remember, because they no longer follow any semblance of logic. I'd rather have fewer restrictions than have to check before doing any activity just to make sure I'm not violating some obscure rule that has been added in the past six days since I last played
-Teaming isn't that bad anymore, considering the Wizard can no longer super-soldier their friends with speed potions, and the Beast kit is actually beatable with kits other than the Beast itself now
-Teaming can be difficult to report, since truces and teams are completely different things
-Do we really want to encourage the "neighbourhood watch" of the server to flock over to FFA, with the only intent being to report rule-breakers?

I know a lot of teams just huddle around in a big area doing nothing at all most of the time, but I feel a better solution is to give them something to do, rather than getting rid of them. There are definitely some positives that can be addressed in this discussion, but in the long run, banning teams would hurt everybody.

These arguments definitely changed my opinion.

So after all, I disagree with the suggestion.

MasterNicco

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
No one would care if its bannable at this point everyone has teamed at one point , having to fight 2 or even 5 people at once it can really be annoying i also hate to deal with teams but if u hate it i suggest to go play duels at the end they were made for a reason

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
There's a difference between "solo mode" and "free for all." It's called free for all, but where some of you are finding the idea that it's a solo game, I have no idea. The fact that teams are an advantage is clear, that cannot be argued with. But, unlike every other game mode, there's really no loss when you die. A high kdr in FFA? Pretty much unheard of, you'll have a better luck trying that in duels. Aside from that, there's really nothing more you'll find in FFA. Sure it's a decent place for getting points, after all 1 kill equates 1 point. However, it's not as efficient as getting 5 points for a duels match where you can complete in around 40 seconds. The place is really only good for practicing your PvP skills/ or exposing yourself to a high concentration of toxicity.

Now the issue that teams might make the game unplayable for you (because of the constant targetting), but it's really easy to get over this: make your own team. Not hard, after all no one likes everyone.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Now the issue that teams might make the game unplayable for you (because of the constant targetting), but it's really easy to get over this: make your own team. Not hard, after all no one likes everyone.
Or:
-Avoid teams
-Use Ninja / Wizard kit to run away from teams that you run into accidentally
-Use Archer kit and camp high-grounds or in bodies of water
-Find a different lobby (of which, there are always at least four)
-Buy gear from the shop or use Beast kit, to better withstand attacks
-Stop obsessing over KDR as much
-Find a different game to play
-Pick off teamers one at a time (best done with Wizard, force them into a retreat by landing crits, then slay them from behind)

There are numerous ways to counteract teamers, many of which don't need to make the game less enjoyable for you.

G

Gamerfull

I think that it should continue as it is, since it is still a modality that is to play alone as in Skywars, EggWars ... What you can do, is to propose an idea to make a new mini-game that is FFA but with equipment.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom