Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think to it'd be a good idea to add default kits? (read before voting.)

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamClean

Jan 24, 2016
Hello and welcome to my first ever thread on the CubeCraft forums.

Today I'm bringing out an idea of mine which I think would be very useful.

The idea is to add an optional feature to select a default kit, this would mean you wouln't have to select your kits over and over again. I think the best place to do so would be in the shop. This could be released to any game that uses kits

Why you might ask? I've set up a few reasons for this.

- Joining in late and not having time to select a kit. This could be very annoying later on in the game

- low key forgetting to select a kit

- Having a slow computer that takes forever to teleport between servers. (This is more of a personal problem, :p.)

Let me hear your opinions down below!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maaarijn

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I don't really agree, because you're going to have the same issue there. Let's say you want to trap and you join a game. That's the moment where you realise you selected a kit that you didn't want at all, back to the hub.

You arrived at the hub, joined another game, and 1 second before the game starts someone votes for Overpowered items, oh hell no my game's ruined again. You see what I mean?

Every single game is different and you don't know what you're going to get, so if you select a kit and it turns out that that kit is pretty useless in the map or mode you're playing, then you know you're screwed. About the arguments you stated why we should add this.

- Joining in late and not having the ability to vote is indeed something pretty annoying, but same here, what if you joined a basic game with the kit that only works in Normal? Jup, you're screwed.

- Forgetting to select a kit is something that everyone does, simply because you got distracted or you had to wait and did something else. What you always have to do is immediately select your kit when you joined the game, and not at the last moment. You won't forget your kit in the future ;)

- Indeed, slow computers are personal problems, and that's why you (the computer owner) should know how long it takes on average to switch between servers. If you join a game as player 12/12, you know you won't make it to select a kit and that's why this is related to argument 2. Simply join a game as player 3/12 for example and you won't have that issue. :)

Reactions: Maaarijn

TeamClean

Jan 24, 2016
I don't really agree, because you're going to have the same issue there. Let's say you want to trap and you join a game. That's the moment where you realise you selected a kit that you didn't want at all, back to the hub.

You arrived at the hub, joined another game, and 1 second before the game starts someone votes for Overpowered items, oh hell no my game's ruined again. You see what I mean?

Every single game is different and you don't know what you're going to get, so if you select a kit and it turns out that that kit is pretty useless in the map or mode you're playing, then you know you're screwed. About the arguments you stated why we should add this.

- Joining in late and not having the ability to vote is indeed something pretty annoying, but same here, what if you joined a basic game with the kit that only works in Normal? Jup, you're screwed.

- Forgetting to select a kit is something that everyone does, simply because you got distracted or you had to wait and did something else. What you always have to do is immediately select your kit when you joined the game, and not at the last moment. You won't forget your kit in the future ;)

- Indeed, slow computers are personal problems, and that's why you (the computer owner) should know how long it takes on average to switch between servers. If you join a game as player 12/12, you know you won't make it to select a kit and that's why this is related to argument 2. Simply join a game as player 3/12 for example and you won't have that issue. :)
Of course there are different kits for different modes, but my idea of a default kit is a kit that fits just about into any mode, like the armourer kit in Skywars. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. :)

Reactions: Cynamooo

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Any kit is better than no kit, and with this feature they could just set their default kit to trapper.
When you have a specific goal in a game (ex. trapping) you usually never forget to choose the kit as its the first thing you think of when joining.

Bad luck, still happens without this feature. In fact, it's worse since you wouldn't even have anything to work with other than chests.

Which is also why you have the option to change your kit while you're waiting for the game to start. If people vote for a different mode, usually you'd notice and change your kit accordingly.
Again, any kit is better than no kit.

And this doesn't apply to what you said about the trapping thing?
Still: This feature would be an amazing thing to have, and it wouldn't even affect those who already always choose their kits because of it being their habit.
Anyone who's joining a game that's about to start most likely won't have a chance to choose any kit in the first place, so this would definitely help. There's kits that basically work in every mode (ex. Iron golem, trapper, anvil(most maps have ench tables))

And what about joining as a party?
I mean, really: Why should this not be a thing? It's not like it's going to cause issues which don't already exist. Instead, it'll solve some issues and make others less of a pain.

I for one, completely agree with this. I rarely forget to choose a kit, sometimes I lag out and can't choose one, and sometimes I don't have the time to choose one. I would appreciate this feature no matter what.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Any kit is better than no kit, and with this feature they could just set their default kit to trapper.
When you have a specific goal in a game (ex. trapping) you usually never forget to choose the kit as its the first thing you think of when joining.

Bad luck, still happens without this feature. In fact, it's worse since you wouldn't even have anything to work with other than chests.

Which is also why you have the option to change your kit while you're waiting for the game to start. If people vote for a different mode, usually you'd notice and change your kit accordingly.

Again, any kit is better than no kit.

And this doesn't apply to what you said about the trapping thing?
Still: This feature would be an amazing thing to have, and it wouldn't even affect those who already always choose their kits because of it being their habit.
Anyone who's joining a game that's about to start most likely won't have a chance to choose any kit in the first place, so this would definitely help. There's kits that basically work in every mode (ex. Iron golem, trapper, anvil(most maps have ench tables))

And what about joining as a party?
I mean, really: Why should this not be a thing? It's not like it's going to cause issues which don't already exist. Instead, it'll solve some issues and make others less of a pain.

I for one, completely agree with this. I rarely forget to choose a kit, sometimes I lag out and can't choose one, and sometimes I don't have the time to choose one. I would appreciate this feature no matter what.
I wouldn't use it at all, but as almost every other suggestion, if there's a disable button, then sure why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
Top Bottom