Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Have any of you ever been annoyed at the time the maps take to generate?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Today, I was on the server, playing pvp duels. I love the minigame, even though I'm not the best at it. However, I am annoyed at the fact that sometimes, you have to wait for the maps to generate, which is fine on some maps. However, on other maps, which are large and with tall walls, it takes a very long time to generate the map, longer than the time that the duel itself takes.

The one map that I hate the most is the one that looks like a village inside, and has brick walls around. That map always takes half a minute to generate.

I think that for the maps on the pvp duel minigame, functionality and time-saving should be more important than making the maps look good. Also, it would be a lot easier to deal with wall-climbers if the walls were lower. Therefore, I suggest that on some maps, the walls need to be lower, or certain buildings may need to be removed, in order to reduce map generation time.

Reactions: Despacito 2

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Probably one of the more annoying things I find about Duels are the maps. Sure, scenery and builds look nice, but in most maps, you barely have space for PvP. The builders got it down in FFA maps, but in duels, most maps are generally small and filled with buildings. Personally I don't care too much about generating maps, if they add a height limit for the sole purpose of dealing with campers, I'm all for it.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Probably one of the more annoying things I find about Duels are the maps. Sure, scenery and builds look nice, but in most maps, you barely have space for PvP. The builders got it down in FFA maps, but in duels, most maps are generally small and filled with buildings. Personally I don't care too much about generating maps, if they add a height limit for the sole purpose of dealing with campers, I'm all for it.

Ah, yes, there should, of course, be a pretty low build height limit as well. In what kind of non-skybasing pvp tactic does it require you to build anywhere more than 5 blocks above ground?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If you want a short answer no
1 because it took the builders some time to make these well constructed Duel maps
2 because this ruins strategies in certain kits such as TNT
3 because some players like high maps others don't and currently there are some of both like jungle is a high 1 but picnic isn't this is why they have the setting that comes with a rank for custom kits which allows you to chose possible maps (if the kit is for example an OP kit than just copy it)
Ah, yes, there should, of course, be a pretty low build height limit as well. In what kind of non-skybasing pvp tactic does it require you to build anywhere more than 5 blocks above ground?
Sniping maybe

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Waiting for the maps to generate isn't a big deal , Since it takes around 10-20 seconds.
Additionally, heights should be a little bit shorter to decrease the amount of generation and furthermore, campers which epearl on top of maps, in specific kits.
Be that as it may, it would not be a smart thought since builders invested time in building these duel maps.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
If you want a short answer no
1 because it took the builders some time to make these well constructed Duel maps
2 because this ruins strategies in certain kits such as TNT
3 because some players like high maps others don't and currently there are some of both like jungle is a high 1 but picnic isn't this is why they have the setting that comes with a rank for custom kits which allows you to chose possible maps (if the kit is for example an OP kit than just copy it)

Sniping maybe

I have never seen anyone build a sniper tower in the game. There are no bow kits with blocks for building, other than the UHC kit. With that kit, it is usually better to rush anyways, you wont have time to build a sniper tower.
Skybasing is usually only possible on kits without bows anyways. Therefore, your point is moot.
Custom kits, on the other hand, are a different thing altogether. They are mostly used between friends to have fun anyways, and then, the rules and contents of the kit are their own choices.

Also, I do not get the reason why tnt is related to the map height.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I have never seen anyone build a sniper tower in the game. There are no bow kits with blocks for building, other than the UHC kit. With that kit, it is usually better to rush anyways, you wont have time to build a sniper tower.
Skybasing is usually only possible on kits without bows anyways. Therefore, your point is moot.
Custom kits, on the other hand, are a different thing altogether. They are mostly used between friends to have fun anyways, and then, the rules and contents of the kit are their own choices.

Also, I do not get the reason why tnt is related to the map height.
Your forgetting custom kits
There are more custom kit possibilities with bows and a blocks (only 1 type maybe even) than there are players on Cubecraft (which is about 9000)
Also so Duels aren't to have fun
You are suggesting something that would Ruin the game for a lot of combinations
Especially in kits with explosives and no that doesn't just mean insane Duels
Custom kits are played with random players all the time, in fact I have seen players have custom kits before that were just copies of other kits but with 1.8 PvP
You need to play the kit enough to know I guess but for the kit strategies can range from just building a house for yourself or using TNT on the wall to get to high ground (also a way to get to someone who has a house)

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Heyheyheyheyhey the buildings are for people who need an environment to pvp in . Not all of us can pvp on flat terrain.

Agreed with the height thing

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Heyheyheyheyhey the buildings are for people who need an environment to pvp in . Not all of us can pvp on flat terrain.

Agreed with the height thing

I mean take a look at mushroom. There's only 2 spots where you can get decent space to pvp, and it's pretty small. Or the maze, which is unsuitable for bow battles, not to mention with the close walls, it turns into a crit battle. I would prefer other flat maps over these any day.

zAyato

Novice Member
Feb 24, 2017
Inkopolis square
reports.cubecraft.net
They could make the maps like this:

Dont blame me because its from another server :rolleyes:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 58

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
They could make the maps like this:

Dont blame me because its from another server :rolleyes:

To be honest, Slightly sloped and varied terrain is actually good for pvp. I mostly use pvp duels to warm up or practice for other minigames, and most of the time, in those minigames, pvp is not on completely flat terrain. However, I do not get the reason for maps to have high walls that delay the duel by taking forever to generate in.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Your forgetting custom kits
There are more custom kit possibilities with bows and a blocks (only 1 type maybe even) than there are players on Cubecraft (which is about 9000)
Also so Duels aren't to have fun
You are suggesting something that would Ruin the game for a lot of combinations
Especially in kits with explosives and no that doesn't just mean insane Duels
Custom kits are played with random players all the time, in fact I have seen players have custom kits before that were just copies of other kits but with 1.8 PvP
You need to play the kit enough to know I guess but for the kit strategies can range from just building a house for yourself or using TNT on the wall to get to high ground (also a way to get to someone who has a house)

I still do not get why walls matter. They only need to be high enough that people cannot be knocked out of the arena, maybe 5 blocks at most. Any strategy that requires a wall, there would almost certainly be workarounds.

I also do not get the point of building a sniper tower. Most of the time, the enemy player will be in your face before you can finish building. All that I might ever build using blocks in a bow duel would be a 2 by 2 wall to hide behind. Anything more than that is redundant and not useful enough to make up for the time taken to build them.

Also, sniper towers hardly give you an advantage if you do not build it high. However, if you build it high, it would be skybasing.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I had made a similar thread in the past and I have to say it is annoying. I support it.
I don't think the "Generating Arena" can be removed, but the maps can be altered. And why the tons of grass? It just makes PvP Horrible.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Also, sniper towers hardly give you an advantage if you do not build it high. However, if you build it high, it would be skybasing.
making the walls shorter won't reduce skybasing you know what will having a lower limit to being able to stack blocks
I still do not get why walls matter. They only need to be high enough that people cannot be knocked out of the arena, maybe 5 blocks at most. Any strategy that requires a wall, there would almost certainly be workarounds.

I also do not get the point of building a sniper tower. Most of the time, the enemy player will be in your face before you can finish building. All that I might ever build using blocks in a bow duel would be a 2 by 2 wall to hide behind. Anything more than that is redundant and not useful enough to make up for the time taken to build them.

this will only ruin duels on certain maps and enduce camping

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
making the walls shorter won't reduce skybasing you know what will having a lower limit to being able to stack blocks

That would obviously be good too. However, with most of the normal kits, skybasing is done by building up on top of the wall and using that as the skybase, since the wall cannot be broken by a pickaxe.

this will only ruin duels on certain maps and enduce camping

Please explain how.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Please explain how.
as I said earlier in insane Duel kits like TNT when both players are separated by a huge ditch if the walls are 5 blocks high than well you are screwed when it comes down to scale the walls to get across if they can just reach the top of the walls easily and blow them up

also unrelated to camping what about kits like soup kangaroo
you have insane jump boost, a punch bow, and a knockback sword
can you tell me what will likely happen in this kit?

How about OP bomber you have creepers blowing up and possibly pushing you around what happens when they push you off the map because the walls are so low?
That would obviously be good too. However, with most of the normal kits, skybasing is done by building up on top of the wall and using that as the skybase, since the wall cannot be broken by a pickaxe.
not really
it is done by maybe building up onto a wall and than building higher from there
but this wouldn't stop that
let's imagine you are playing eggwars and you have 64 blocks
the walls are 10 blocks high you build up to that 9 blocks and jump onto the wall 1 block up than start building up again until you are out of the 55 blocks you had at the beginning
now let's imagine the walls are 5 blocks high you build up the first 4 than jump up to the walls
after you continue to build up with your 60 blocks left
either way you will still max out at a 65 blocks off the ground

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
as I said earlier in insane Duel kits like TNT when both players are separated by a huge ditch if the walls are 5 blocks high than well you are screwed when it comes down to scale the walls to get across if they can just reach the top of the walls easily and blow them up

also unrelated to camping what about kits like soup kangaroo
you have insane jump boost, a punch bow, and a knockback sword
can you tell me what will likely happen in this kit?

How about OP bomber you have creepers blowing up and possibly pushing you around what happens when they push you off the map because the walls are so low?

Well, maybe then the height of the map would be adjusted according to kit. Some kits, the whole map will generate, while for other kits where it is not necessary, the map generates to a certain height and stops.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom