Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think Damage or health indicators should be in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuytheBuilder1

Sep 30, 2016
I think that damage or health indicators should be a thing on cubecraft, for one reason:
If you are in a PvP situation and you can see your opponent health, you can decide if you want to continue the fight or to run away.
I think the indicator should be in 2 places: below or above a player's name and on the TAB list (to see your team, for example).
I know that there is a mod that shows the damage of players and mobs, but it would be a lot easier if it would be in the way I suggested. Players that have this mod installed have a very big advantage on other players, especially on players that can't install the mod for any reason: Not having the needed version of Java (I had this for almost a year), aren't allowed to install forge, etc.
Please vote the poll above, It will be open for a week.

Reactions: Empty Inside

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
You could install Labymod.
With this mod, you can see how many hearts the player possesses! :)
Remember to not use ToggleSprint since it's a punishable offence.

Reactions: Twania

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
If you are in a PvP situation and you can see your opponent health, you can decide if you want to continue the fight or to run away.
If you are good at PvP you don't need see your opponent's health. You just need to estimate it, like I do. I PvP for 3.5 years now and never used a mod to show someone's health. But some people just need that, because... yeah.... I don't want to call them a noob, but with damage indicators it doesn't give that good PvP feeling. I don't know how, but I feel like that.

Players that have this mod installed have a very big advantage on other players,
Not really. Like I said, some people are good at estimate their situation. It's not that you have mods on, you automaticly have more advantage than other people.

GuytheBuilder1

Sep 30, 2016
Not really. Like I said, some people are good at estimate their situation. It's not that you have mods on, you automaticly have more advantage than other people.
Well maybe for a player like you, it really doesn't matter if you can or can't see the health of a player or not, but believe me, I play on other servers with damage indicators and for me it makes a huge diffreence.

D

Deleted member 204478

May be a hassle for the devs to implement into Cubecraft.
I would suggest just to install a mod allowing you to see other players' health
Even though I disagree with allowing mods allowing you to see peoples health...

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I think that damage or health indicators should be a thing on cubecraft, for one reason:
I think the indicator should be in 2 places: below or above a player's name and on the TAB list (to see your team, for example).
I know that there is a mod that shows the damage of players and mobs, but it would be a lot easier if it would be in the way I suggested. Players that have this mod installed have a very big advantage on other players, especially on players that can't install the mod for any reason: Not having the needed version of Java (I had this for almost a year), aren't allowed to install forge, etc.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/list-of-allowed-mods.122155/

I think my work here is done

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I have said this in the past, and I will say it again: Damage indicators and armorstatusHUD are like hacks.

Hacked clients help players in mainly two ways: they assist the player in doing what they are doing, often in ways that no human player can replicate, and they also give the player information that they would not otherwise have.

Let's look at the second part, giving players information that they should not have.

Where do you draw the line between fair information and unfair information? X-ray and playerESP are obviously unfair, so what makes them different?

The difference lies in that the information the player gets are difficult or impossible to obtain otherwise, and that they give the player too much advantage over others.

Let's see if that classification is correct:
Optifine zoom is generally regarded as fair, and the information players get from the optifine zoom are usually obtainable through other means, like turning fov to minimum, looking closely, or walking up close to check. You also do not get extremely useful information, like what enchants they may have on their armor, or what other items are in the player's inventory, etc. Therefore, optifine zoom is fair. The other part of optifine, improving performance, is also fair, as it is like getting yourself a better computer. That gives people with less powerful computers a better chance, as fps is extremely important in pvp. It is not an advantage that other players cannot obtain, so it is also fair.
Equivalent hacks: most hacked clients already have optifine installed to boost performance, so there is no hack for it. No client without optifine felt the need to add a telescope hack, so optifine zoom obviously does not give a big advantage.
X-ray resource packs are unfair, as they allow players to see ores, mine extremely efficiently, and it gives a massive advantage in gear. No player should ever have such an advantage.
Equivalent hacks: x ray and cavefinder (good xray resource packs have the functions of both).

Let's analyze what damage indicators could do for you:
Tell you your opponent's health and potion effects. Potion particles are usually hard to see and identify in the heat of battle, and often when you realize the other person ate a golden apple and you did not, it is too late and you are dead. Health is impossible to see under normal circumstances, and it allows you to pick fights better, avoid people with more health than you, while you will know who is weak and who you can pick on.
A floating number particle on a person whenever they gain or lose health. Incredibly useful, as it is basically a weaker version of playerESP, since you can see the particles through the walls. No one can ever hide from you to regen, and if there is a fight going on anywhere in the map, even beyond normal nametag render distance, you will be able to see it.
Equivalent hacks: healthtags, playerESP

ArmorstatusHUD:
Allows you to see your armor durability. Usually in battle, people have to go into their inventory to see. They would have to stop fighting for a second or two, and the information they gain will not be precise. They would not know exactly when their armor will break because they cannot check too often. Hovering the mouse on the armor to see exact durability takes too long, and for protection enchanted armor, the number doesn't mean much.
On average, a player with armorstatusHUD will get new armor on when an old piece breaks twice to three times as fast as a player without the mod and instead relying on the sound of their armor breaking, or their armor bar decreasing.
Equivalent hacks: some clients have an armorHUD hack, most only have autoarmor, which is slightly better than armorstatusHUD

From that analysis, armorstatusHUD is already pretty unfair, but damage indicators are basically equal to hacks.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Ive heard that DI mods are broken on this server, working in some lobbies and not in others, but i dont care if its allowed or banned, reason being is i can tell a players health by specific actions as for

As for showing what kind of damage your doing you dont need a mod for that in 1.9 vanilla minecraft itll tell you how many hearts of damage you did

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
Well, you could use alternative mods to help you with this. Also, this has been suggested quite a few times in the past. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(
Top Bottom