Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I think we can all agree it's incredibly unbalanced in favor of the Infected team, they win >90% of the time. <- I can provide proof if necessary.

Problems:
  • Humans take way too much damage at the start, just falling 5 like 5 blocks can kill them which is ridiculous and also makes it easier for winfarmers.
  • Iron armor sucks and will barely protect you once the 3 minute mark kicks in, and diamonds are almost impossible to mine because humans are almost always heavily outnumbered and mining while you're constantly being hit and knocked to all places by 4 Infected around you is close to impossible. Running away isn't a possibility either because the Infected got speed boosts.
  • The food at the map Moon is trash, carrots give little to no saturation and the fact that the humans have to run to the carrot farms first doesn't help either. There's only 1 place with hay bales which most players don't even know of.
  • Hiding is still the best strategy to win. Not because hiding is OP, but because mining and fighting is a near hopeless strategy.
  • The last strong human survives to the last minute but dies gets no reward, while the noob unskilled human who gets infected at the very beginning does. That's in no way fair.
  • The original Infected get just as many rewards as the humans who got infected in the middle of the game, which is also in no way fair
Solutions:
  • Humans need to be a lot less vulnerable at the start. Instead, make the original infected stronger, maybe give them different kits from the normal infected kits, give them a different class. (for instance dark green for original infected and green for humans who got infected).
  • Give the original infected a higher reward. (can be paired with previous point)
  • Add Golden Carrots to the custom crafting menu. This will solve the food problem at the map Moon by quite a bit.
  • Make the strength of the humans depend more on how many humans there are left compared to how many Infected there are to prevent small games form becoming one-sided, and less on how many diamonds the last players have.
  • Replace the Haste effect Infected get by Efficiency on their tools to balance the cooldowns on weapons.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
but because mining and fighting is a near hopeless strategy.
One of the biggest reasons why i think Infection isn't as succesfull as it coud be. Hiding is always the way to go just like you said if you start out as Human. it's more a game of Mineplex's Hide and Seek compared to actual Humans vs Infected imo if you wanna have a chance at winning as a human.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilleh__

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Agreed with all of these, except the golden carrots. You mean you can craft golden carrots in the crafting menu? Yes, golden carrots are good, but I rarely even get the chance to start mining gold. Then also consider that you have to surive all the way with normal, less saturating carrots until you finally get the gold.

However I would like to add 1 thing, right now the value of humans' armor changes during the course of the game. How about we just remove that, but change infected? This could mean:
- A weapon upgrade ( Stone -> iron / iron -> diamond)
- Sharpness on weapons
- Strength
- Plugins, calculations or whatever (like it is right now for the armor of humans). I don't prefer this one because we have no insight how it is calculated right now.

Important: I totally didn't think this through, it just came in my mnid when I read your post. It's just a really rough idea.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Agreed with all of these, except the golden carrots. You mean you can craft golden carrots in the crafting menu? Yes, golden carrots are good, but I rarely even get the chance to start mining gold. Then also consider that you have to surive all the way with normal, less saturating carrots until you finally get the gold.
why would that be an argument against golden carrots? Just because they're hard to obtain according to you?

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
why would that be an argument against golden carrots? Just because they're hard to obtain according to you?

Okay, so the problem is: Food is too weak (except the few haybales in the unknown spot). You don't get enough saturation to stay alive from the carrots, so your suggestion to fix this: Make golden carrots craftable.
My reaction: It's a good idea, they should definitly be craftable, but it doesn't fix the problem. Before you get the chance to obtain the gold, you will most likely have died (mainly due to having bad regeneration).

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
My reaction: It's a good idea, they should definitly be craftable, but it doesn't fix the problem. Before you get the chance to obtain the gold, you will most likely have died (mainly due to having bad regeneration).
With miner kit it's just as hard as mining iron. It's really not that difficult.

Maybe you'd find out if you actually took the time to read the thread

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
With miner kit it's just as hard as mining iron. It's really not that difficult.
I feel like you can better put your time into getting full iron first, there isn't always time left between getting full iron and the start of diamond spawning.
But can't they code it that the carrots immediately give golden ones if mined? Just like you get bricks if you mine blocks.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
But can't they code it that the carrots immediately give golden ones if mined? Just like you get bricks if you mine blocks.
that'd be way too OP
I feel like you can better put your time into getting full iron first, there isn't always time left between getting full iron and the start of diamond spawning.
For me there is

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Even if it were not entirely useful every game, that's still not an argument for not adding golden carrots.

I am not against adding the golden carrots. I think they should be added, but I don't think it will really fix the problem of bad food for everyone. ;)

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
I totally agree with this suggestion, I have played only 2 times this modality and it is for that reason, I saw that I was very unbalanced and did not motivate me to play more. +1

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom