Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
tDQNpGM.png

Happy Halloween y'all! Welcome back to the second edition of the CubeRecaps! I'm happy to be back after a month and not having to cancel it because of my busy schedule. We got some good feedback and will discuss this in the thread. You'll get a shoutout if you made a quality suggestion, even though it might not be added. Besides that, everything stayed the same, but it could be some things got removed or added, therefore those little updates will be posted in "General Updates". Without further ado, let's jump right into this month's recap!

pHAM8fz.png

General network updates:
01/10/2019 - Java & Bedrock: First Halloween update arrived! :spooky:
08/10/2019 - Java & Bedrock: Second Halloween update! :more spooky:
10/10/2019 - Java & Bedrock: Selfie competition! Deadline is the 1st of November so hurry up!
11/10/2019 - Store: Sale! 50% off all ranks!
17/10/2019 - Ender returns! Try it out, if you dare...

Thread update log:
- @FranKEANUstein came with a solution for when there's a tie in the memes section. If player X got 14 likes in 7 days and player Y got 14 likes in 4 days, player Y get's the first place because he got the same likes in a shorter period. Nice suggestion!
- @Story made a quick and simple suggestion. Due to the lack of artwork and builds previously, we will be combining the two to create "Best Creations".
- @SentineI suggested during our previous edition to add a "Best forum user" and/or a "Best thread". The best threads are already put into the suggestions category, but deciding who's the best player of a specific month requires too many details we need to take into consideration. This goes from activity to maturity and much more. This is nearly impossible, but thanks for suggesting!

gfokNqf.png

First of all, I'd like to congratulate @Kozimobo for winning our first ever straw poll. It was a close call, but with 57% of the votes, he takes the number one spot with this idea. Unfortunately, there's currently nothing attached to it. This is just a spot and that's it. This could, however, change in the future and you'll then get whatever is attached to it, but for now, it's just a cool little trophy you can treasure in your heart. There's nothing I can promise though. With that being said, here are the top four best suggestions with our one honorable mention of this month.

Who doesn't love achievements, right? @Spuuuniㅤ , with the help of @SentineI, managed to make a list with new achievements that can be added to the server. This varies from general achievements to game achievements to even stupid ones. Looking at the responses from the poll, it looks like a lot of people from the community liked the ideas and want to see this getting added. Well done both of you!

I honestly love this! This idea is so simple, yet could be so useful. Imagine being in a game, how easy would it be to know your position on the leaderboard using a simple command. You can see your amount of wins of that game, position on the leaderboard and you can even compare it with the top 3 of that specific game. I would use this and I love the idea, neat idea @Zajdovski!

I've seen a lot of hate recently about some boss games, especially the maze boss game. @Elivat brought back a lot of nostalgia. He thought it would be a great idea to bring some arcade minigames back but as a boss game. Again, a lot of players seemed to enjoy the idea and wanted it to be implemented as well. Blockband, Parkour Minigame, Hour Glass or even Barn Brawl, who doesn't want to see those again? Great idea!

Wow, a lot of general server suggestions this month! Again, a neat suggestion from @Spuuuniㅤ makes the list. This time, it's more about a struggle. Imagine having more friends than you can have, or you have the maximum amount of friends. Instead of constantly removing people, it would be easier to replace a new friend with an old friend. Just a simple /f replace (new friend) (old friend) or the other way around could do the job. It saves a lot of effort. Very good!

It's not a game suggestion, but I can see a lot of work (and frustration) went into this. This suggestion is all about our tiny little helpers and how the whole system works. @RickDeKlomp wants to see a lot of things getting changed and got a lot of opinions from players. If you have some free time, it's worth reading it.

As usual, you can vote for the best suggestion of this month in this straw poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/18872804. Let me know what you think deserves the number one spot!

uinbx4k.png

You can't imagine how happy I am to see almost four times the amount of creations compared to previous month. Some were just made for fun and others were outstanding. I've made a list of the top three best creations of this month, of course in no particular order. You'll also notice that we combined the 'Best Artwork' and 'Best Builds' into 'Best Creations'.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/viking-profile-picture.221838/
This profile picture made by @BlazeFria looks so cool! It's so cute and quite detailed. I'm not sure how long it took her to make it, but it was definitely worth the time! I'm jealous of what she accomplished here, awesome job!

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ffa-nuke.222202/
Lance, I didn't know you could build? This map indeed really suits the FFA theme and could easily be a map for people to enjoy! Hopefully, the toxicity of some players doesn't cause a nuclear reaction on this map ;). Stunning work @LanceDaniels!

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/back-with-a-new-build.222112/
Last, but not least, we have a mindblowing work created by @DreamFudge. This probably took him over a week to make, but it was so worth it! The dragon gives me those Chinese New Year vibes, and I love it! Incredible work man!

ZUSJnrT.png

New month, new memes! This month I've seen even funnier memes than last month, which is awesome! Thank you all for your hard work on that! Let's jump right into it!

Gold: Spuuuni - 24 likes
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ccg-memes.10860/page-317#post-1074184

We had a tie again, so I had to implement our new system that got suggested earlier. If you take a look, you see that @Spuuuniㅤ got 24 likes in 4 days, while it took Story 8 days to get the same amount of likes, therefore, Spuuuni takes the number one spot this month with his funny meme (that also contains a lot of truth).

Silver: Story - 24 likes
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ccg-memes.10860/page-317#post-1073665

It's funny how I can relate to this so much. The moment we post something funny or sometimes even stupid, the likes keep coming and coming. I mean, not that we mind of course :p, but the fact that it's so relatable makes it even funnier! Awesome work @Story

Bronze: Story - 22 likes
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ccg-memes.10860/page-318#post-1074825

And third place goes to... oh, it's Story again. Well, it doesn't surprise me anymore that you keep taking these spots, because honestly, the memes keep getting better and better. Again, something I can relate to a lot and that's what makes it funny, but not only my vote counts, the community voted for this to become third with 22 likes. Keep making memes!

ybOude8.png

The previous edition was a big success, but I still want to involve you guys as much as possible. Before I end this thread, I want to point out a few things. First of all, I've received 0 DM's of players that saw potential in a specific thread, so the threads are solely based off of my opinion. Second of all is that you'll probably notice that there's still no "Screenshots" tab. That's because I also want you guys to send me screenshots in a DM here on the forums. It will otherwise be very hard for me to find good screenshots, so my selection next month will be based on the screenshots you send me. That's it for this month folks, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed making it. Until next month!

Last edited:

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I just love the memes! But 1 question: What happened to the recap of July and August? Because I don't see them, or I'm that blind.
Skifby stopped doing them in September 2017 and Story and I revived them 2 years later, so the first CubeRecap was the one from September, so the previous month. There are only 2 CubeRecaps currently.

D

Deleted member 492126

Woo nice thread :D

Wow, a lot of general server suggestions this month! Again, a neat suggestion from @Peanuts makes the list. This time, it's more about a struggle. Imagine having more friends than you can have, or you have the maximum amount of friends. Instead of constantly removing people, it would be easier to replace a new friend with an old friend. Just a simple /f replace (new friend) (old friend) or the other way around could do the job. It saves a lot of effort. Very good!
Gold: Peanuts - 24 likes
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ccg-memes.10860/page-317#post-1074184

We had a tie again, so I had to implement our new system that got suggested earlier. If you take a look, you see that @Peanuts got 24 likes in 4 days, while it took Story 8 days to get the same amount of likes, therefore, Peanuts takes the number one spot this month with his funny meme (that also contains a lot of truth).
This is my old name, by the way. I can't click on it

Painters

Aug 29, 2019
Really interesting thread, it's nice reading all of the best ones. Sometimes I miss a thread and this recap is coming in very handy. Keep it up!

Reactions: Cynamooo
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom