Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The cancellation of the planned SkyBlock update was the last disappointment of a really big list. The update was announced a lot of months ago and Cube has been hyping its community with it for a really long time, they had even posted previews on the public notion board for the community to know how the new end dimension would look like. After months waiting, it was cancelled. And that isn't the worst thing of all this, CubeCraft SkyBlock is an incomplete game as there are only 2 dimensions: overworld and nether. The end was the final update before getting the complete game and then getting smaller updates to add fresh content for players.

Instead of prioritising one of the most popular games in both network, CubeCraft has decided to push out some new duels gamemodes and paid content updates. The last released update was the VIP levels update, but there is a minerware rank update in testing and a parkour rank update under development. Other ranks have been updated in the past. What do I mean with this? Well, CubeCraft has prioritised paid content instead of completing one of its most famous gamemodes. And I understand you guys want to earn money, but I will tell you a little secrets about business administration: you cannot earn money if you don't have customers. By releasing these kind of updates, you only encourage people to leave because their favourite gamemodes never get updated.
Another frequent error made by CubeCraft is to release tons of maps for pvp games, and yes it's always nice to have some new and fresh maps to play on. But what if you focus those resources on finishing maps for those gamemodes that are still unfinished (for example SkyBlock).

The last year we witnessed the biggest lose of time and resources we could see by CubeCraft, they released 2 seasonal gamemodes, one in easter and another one in summer. Both were removed less than a month after their release. In the case of the easter event, it could make sense as keeping it wouldn't be logic when april had finished. But in the case of magic and mayhem it could have perfectly been a permanent gamemode, as it wasn't linked to a certain season and it was a GREAT gamemode. Both required a lot of development time and resources to be finished, just to get them deleted. Instead of doing that, they could have focused their resources on updating other games.

Scrapping the SkyBlock update will probably make many SkyBlock players leave the server because they feel abandoned by the administration, and if we take in consideration the actual player count, specially on Java, I'm sure we don't really want that. You are still at time to rectify and try make things different, but the community is beginning to be fed up with all these horrible decisions.

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with most of this - I think it just hit the community hard that Cubecraft cancelled the update that should logically be prioritized.

Reactions: josepadgui

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
And I understand you guys want to earn money, but I will tell you a little secrets about business administration: you cannot earn money if you don't have customers.
ah yes, cubecraft games, the server with no playe-
1658946541813.png

source

I can understand the annoyance over the Skyblock update being scrapped. However, know that updating a huge game like Skyblock doesn't happen in a month's time like it would with other more popular minigames like SkyWars and EggWars. Like you've said yourself, CubeCraft cannot earn money without customers, so doesn't it make sense to prioritise other parts of the network where the cost for creating an update is far far lower, with more to potentially get out of it? Lower risk, higher reward.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
ah yes, cubecraft games, the server with no playe-
View attachment 213447
source

I can understand the annoyance over the Skyblock update being scrapped. However, know that updating a huge game like Skyblock doesn't happen in a month's time like it would with other more popular minigames like SkyWars and EggWars. Like you've said yourself, CubeCraft cannot earn money without customers, so doesn't it make sense to prioritise other parts of the network where the cost for creating an update is far far lower, with more to potentially get out of it? Lower risk, higher reward.
There is no problem with it not being updated in a short time, I understand it's an update that requires a lot of development time. But that's not the thing, SkyBlock is an unfinished game whose final update has been cancelled. Not to say that SkyBlock hasn't received any updates for over a year, so many players will probably leave the Network.
And no, I didn't say Cube has no players, but the Java network situation isn't the best and cancelling this will just give more problems.

Reactions: gamer8314

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Quote from Story:

“We've decided to put our resources elsewhere. Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs, we'd like to come back to it in the future.”

I understand your frustration but looking at this from both sides I’d much rather wait longer for an update that’s good than one that’s disappointing. Scrapped doesn’t mean it’ll never see the light of day. It’s just not in the immediate priority.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Quote from Story:

“We've decided to put our resources elsewhere. Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs, we'd like to come back to it in the future.”

I understand your frustration but looking at this from both sides I’d much rather wait longer for an update that’s good than one that’s disappointing. Scrapped doesn’t mean it’ll never see the light of day. It’s just not in the immediate priority.
Shouldn’t it be postponed then instead of scrapped?

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Quote from Story:

First, I want to thank Story for reading the thread, not all the servers do this and I really appreciate it. As komodo said above, if you have plans to go back to this update in the future, shouldn't it be marked as postponed instead of as scrapped? I say it because that may cause confusion among the community as happened now. In that case I don't see it a bad decision, however, I think SkyBlock deserves to get an update in the future because as I said the gamemode is still unfinished.

Just to clarify, I don't pretend to criticise the work of developers who remain the community alive, I just want to point out those decisions that I consider wrong to try make CubeCraft a better place.

Reactions: Rocks1 and Komodо

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Postponed would still leave it up in the air and cause more confusion. Scrapped means we have stopped any and all progress on it for now.
Well scrapped means cancelled all together, so what you are saying is also confusing. If the staff wants to postpone the update, then they should at the very least give some sneak peaks on what the update would look like so players won't be as confused and they will be willing to wait longer for the update to come out, otherwise they will leave cube

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Well scrapped means cancelled all together, so what you are saying is also confusing. If the staff wants to postpone the update, then they should at the very least give some sneak peaks on what the update would look like so players won't be as confused and they will be willing to wait longer for the update to come out, otherwise they will leave cube
Totally agree with you on that.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

How can we give sneak peeks on an update no longer being worked on? Scrapped means we have stopped working on it entirely and it’s not getting any attention for now, but we are also saying for this specific situation it’s not never coming. Please review my statement below:

Quote from Story:

It’s pretty clear we would like to revisit it one day, but when we can promise it will me an amazing and perfect update for Skyblock.

NadineCraftPE

Novice Member
Jul 1, 2021
Skyblock
Pronouns
She/Her
How can we give sneak peeks on an update no longer being worked on? Scrapped means we have stopped working on it entirely and it’s not getting any attention for now, but we are also saying for this specific situation it’s not never coming. Please review my statement below:

It’s pretty clear we would like to revisit it one day, but when we can promise it will me an amazing and perfect update for Skyblock.
Thanks for all the clarification. Yes, it makes sense to wait longer for a better update with fewer issues and I'm looking forward to whenever that happens. I just think everyone panicked because they saw "scrapped" with no further explanations.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021

No, Scrapped means an idea has been thrown into the trash bin, as since it was planned but wasn't deemed fit. Not just leave it on a close as of the moment. Postponing it wouldn't leave confusion, if you guys say that there is no date that you will start working on it again, or simply put "The update is postponed till further notice."

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
No, Scrapped means an idea has been thrown into the trash bin, as since it was planned but wasn't deemed fit. Not just leave it on a close as of the moment. Postponing it wouldn't leave confusion, if you guys say that there is no date that you will start working on it again, or simply put "The update is postponed till further notice."

Well I’ve already explained how it is, so I’m not sure why you are still debating the meaning of it.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
When it was in development, the staff team could have given sneak peeks of what the update could have been like, but obviously its pointless now since it was scrapped.

• Angry
Reactions: Iridinox

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Ive tried to hold my nerves, but recently I have received another nonsense punishment. So, allow me to share what’s happening atm.

Cubecraft has as of 2018 always prioritized the private accessibility above those with friends.

Removal of lobbies, priotizing individual realms, personal cosmetics, 1v1 gamemodes, personal multipliers, solo skyblock (or multiplayer without interaction). It has left the core reason of what makes a great minecraft server to play with your friends behind. Playing with your friends. I enjoy solo queuing sometimes, but if you’re not in a party, it feels rather blend. There’s barely any way to form new connections with new players. Especially since the Forums have lost a big part of its activity. I have made some great friends here, but its a lot harder to do that now

I have no lifed parkour, purely because there’s not much else. I ofcourse have already played all games, but I’d reckon as a newcomer you wouldn’t find that many fun. It’s decent. Not a bad server at all. But it has lacked over time what it really makes it stand out from other servers. No big updates. The updates are good enough to bring me and others back from time to time, but not to let people stay for a longer period of time.

Reactions: josepadgui
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom