Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft make a new competative queue on Bedrock Edition?

• Total voters

GrimstrrMCBE

Dec 18, 2019
I think that Cubecraft Bedrock should have a competitive queue.

I get that there is already a challenge queue, but the challenge queue in Bedrock is different from what I'm talking about. What I want is a queue that puts you against players around your level and higher. For example, if I was level 40 and I went on competitive queue, I would be put in a round against players levels 35 or higher. It would make the game much more exciting and make it feel more balanced. You could even mix in what challenge queue does and have it put you against players using more devices than just your own.

The only reason I'm saying this at all is because I feel bored going against what feels like low level players every match. It doesn't matter if challenge queue is on or not, I just feel like I'm going against the same players each match.

By the way, hope you're having a good day.

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
I completely agree with this. I have heard the concept of matching with your skill level/in-game level for a very long time. A competitive queue could also introduce a new leaderboard system, such as monthly or weekly leaderboards. On these leaderboards, there could also be subcategories for most kills, fastest wins, etc. Playing against people your skill level would be much more fulfilling than playing against a bunch of people you know you can beat, with the uncommon odd one out every so often.

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been seeing this pop up every now and then since I joined the Cube community. I'd be so down for this idea. The only problem I could see in this is that lobbies could sometimes fill up slower than normal. If they don't add this, I agree with tobioikawa with their idea of weekly/monthly leaderboards. It would give everyone more of something to grind for

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
OP, I'll ask you these questions:
  • What does level tell you?
    • Why is there only network level and not game level?
  • What happens if someone who has played another game, has a high level, but joins another game where (s)he has no experience with that game? For example, a player is most experienced with blockwars but has none with skywars and joins a skywars game with this suggestion implemented.
    • Likewise, what happens if someone "new" (who is level 0) joins a game when (s)he is actually very experienced with the game, having most likely played that game many times on other servers?
  • How do you measure skill level? Can you currently do this?
An experienced player (level 40+) could join with a level 0 account, join a game (which would have mostly level 0-5s), and beat every single account if level were an indicator of experience (level isn't a good indicator). Now if that player wants to keep doing that, all they would have to do would be to either get another level 0 account or get their stats wiped (cheating but still occurs) .

As for tobio's addition, I'd agree with it seeing how the current leaderboard is essentially a never-ending race to the leaderboard. Players who don't play as much don't have a chance to compete for recognition in the current leaderboard.

WaspBrain

Aug 6, 2020
This is a good idea and something the community has been after for a while, however, I think it would have to be based on something other than level, for the reasons people have already mentioned. I would suggest basing it on wins/losses! Something like... there are tiers, wood - stone - iron - gold - diamond - netherite, you play against people in your tier, and to go up a tier, you have to get say 50 wins in wood, but if you lose 3 times you lose an accumulated win, and the subsequent tiers get harder to progress in... or something like that! It would be really cool if you could do some kind of leaderboards revamp or "Competitive CubeCraft" update!

P.S. to make the high level people have shorter queue times, kinda like the karate dan system, you could have netherite 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, so there is something to aim for for highest levels and then have all netherites fight netherites, regardless of dan, it also means that where therell be few level 5s there should be a bunch of netherites online and queueing as that rank would be relatively easier to achieve

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom