Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think the gem system is unnecessarily confusing and difficult. Instead they could just refund store credit that is displayed in your selected currency. That credit cannot be paid out but used for other purchases in the store.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
1. This server isnt p2w.
2. What do u mean by points? In-game currency or virtual currency bought through real money? Will it be seperate from the current “point” thing,
1)
"The P2W means Pay to have things in game that makes you more powerfull that someone who don't pay (or can have it with a 0.05% luck to have it in game). So paying with real money to have boost potions, buff or items (heroes...) is a P2W." So every MineCraft server is P2W unless they have another donate system.

2)
Well I was thinking about 2. So you can buy points with IRL money but you can also return your rank or miniatures into points to buy something new.

I think the gem system is unnecessarily confusing and difficult. Instead they could just refund store credit that is displayed in your selected currency. That credit cannot be paid out but used for other purchases in the store.

That's actually my idea. Those store credits are in my story point credits. That can indeed not be paid out but used for other purchases in the store.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
That's actually my idea. Those store credits are in my story point credits. That can indeed not be paid out but used for other purchases in the store.
Yes, I'm just saying the currency should be GBP instead of points.

I'm also not sure if you should be able to refund everything you want. But if something you bought gets removed or becomes permanently cheaper, you should get refunded store credit.

The P2W means Pay to have things in game that makes you more powerfull
It's debatable wether ranks make you more powerful. Miniatures definitely don't. Point multipliers affect anyone online at the time, but you have a 100% chance to be online while others have a lower chance. The rank enables you to select your kit in duels and the loot type in other games so you can change the game to something you are more likely to win. But technically everyone still has the same options once the game starts. Classic p2w would be selling an in-game kit for money.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Yes, I'm just saying the currency should be GBP instead of points.

I'm also not sure if you should be able to refund everything you want. But if something you bought gets removed or becomes permanently cheaper, you should get refunded store credit.

It's debatable wether ranks make you more powerful. Miniatures definitely don't. Point multipliers affect anyone online at the time, but you have a 100% chance to be online while others have a lower chance. The rank enables you to select your kit in duels and the loot type in other games so you can change the game to something you are more likely to win. But technically everyone still has the same options once the game starts. Classic p2w would be selling an in-game kit for money.
Not everyone has GBP, so I don't really feel your idea, I am sorry.

Still it has a form of P2W. But I never blamed CubeCraft on it and I never will, if they can sell ranks and people buy it, then why not. Also I'm just focussing on the donation system, not the P2W system.
But thanks for the feedback and the idea.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Not everyone has GBP, so I don't really feel your idea, I am sorry.
Not necessarily GBP. It would be displayed in whatever currency you have selected in the store. I guess the cost of items in other currencies changes depending on the exchange rate, so it would be stored in GBP.
For example: I buy a miniature for 5.70 EUR (5 GBP). Then the miniature is removed and I get 5 GBP store credit in return. Now the exchange rate for EUR and GBP has changed so it's displayed as 5.50 EUR to me, but that is also the cost of all items that are 5 GBP now.
Easier than adding a new meaningless currency imo.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Not necessarily GBP. It would be displayed in whatever currency you have selected in the store. I guess the cost of items in other currencies changes depending on the exchange rate, so it would be stored in GBP.
For example: I buy a miniature for 5.70 EUR (5 GBP). Then the miniature is removed and I get 5 GBP store credit in return. Now the exchange rate for EUR and GBP has changed so it's displayed as 5.50 EUR to me, but that is also the cost of all items that are 5 GBP now.
Easier than adding a new meaningless currency imo.
That's just the same method that I describe but then without points..but yeah, I know what you are saying.

Its not p2w
It's a form of P2W, but every server is that.
PS: This is not a suggestion about P2W but about a new donation system, so I'm not sure why you all triggered that I say that every server is a form of P2W?

D

Deleted member 100818

IS THIS A GOOD WAY TO GET RID OF THE P2W METHOD?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my eyes it's just a start to get rid of it.
I won't say it will dissapear, but it will turn into a shadow and fade away when times come.
The only negative point is the refund method, I'm still thinking of another method on that, since you can farm points on that way whenever you buy alot of cubelets. But still the chance of getting all the pets in just couple cubelets - to buy a rank - is sooo small.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This server is all but pay to win. The only thing you're able to buy are, ranks, multiplayer points, cubelets and miniatures (and merch though). Those do not effect the gameplay, that would be against the EULA.

• A cubelet gives you vanity items, which don't effect any gameplay experience.
  • A miniature does not any gameplay, as it's a vanity item.
  • A rank gives you more exclusive items, which are not obtainable for those without one, but they still don't effect any gameplay.
  • Multiplayer points will give you dubble points for a decent amount of time, but they don't give you any advantages other plays don't have, as they're for everyone playing that game.
  • Merch is not even worth mentioning but I will do for those who will complain about me forgetting it, it's not in-game so it won't give you any advantage.

So basically, it's pretty simple.
Instead of donating for ranks or miniatures etc. You will donate for points.
The prices of the things now will change into points.
Of course, the points will decrease when you already have a rank and you want to upgrade.
Just the same method as prices but then with points.
After all, it would be could to add a refund system with it.
Whenever you don't want your item anymore, you just return your rank into points again and buy something new.
**Make sure: you cannot sell them to another person or refund them back to your bill.

So you mean instead of buying a rank/cubelet in the first place you'd have to buy points? That'd be unnecessary. It'd only cost more time when buying something.

2)
Well I was thinking about 2. So you can buy points with IRL money but you can also return your rank or miniatures into points to buy something new.

When people are buying a rank, they will have their exclusive items too, and even if that would bbe deleted it would still be messy. You shouldn't be able to decide when you want your money (in this case points back). I think you're missing the point of donating here. Donating ain't buying, there's no such thing as a "cash receipt" here. You're donating money to support the server, and they're giving you a rank as exchange for being their supporter. Sounds the same as buying, but it's different. This would throw the whole donating system away and would turn it in to a Minecraft shop. And the reason why that hasn't been added before is because it is against the EULA.

So a no for me.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
It's a form of P2W, but every server is that.
PS: This is not a suggestion about P2W but about a new donation system, so I'm not sure why you all triggered that I say that every server is a form of P2W?
P2W = Pay to win.
This term is used when servers, or even games, provide huge advantages to players who are willing to pay hard currency for it. Cube has no huge advantages for ranks, since most of their permissions lay in vanity, while the remaining ones are voting for gamemodes and map selection. This isn't really any form of advantage aside from the fact that you might have a higher chance of winning in one kit (like Spam mentioned) or a specific gamemode. In no way is this pay to win since there's no actual advantage for the rank when the game starts. Everyone has equal chances.
I really don't think converting the old miniatures to premium currency like a token system or something is a good idea. Just deal with the fact that the miniatures are now obtainable through cubelets. It's just vanity, and there was no mentioning anywhere on the store that it would stay as a store-only feature.
Whenever you get a miniature out of a cubelet, you can also return them into coins and maybe spare for a rank.
This especially is a no from me. It only makes some sense if you're talking about the miniatures players had purchased before they were made a cubelet drop.

Reactions: TheBrownster

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Saying that servers are p2w. Doesnt make cube p2w. If you say that, give proof :/
Your proof is right here: https://store.cubecraft.net/
Don't get mad because it's true. I never effected Cube in a way to blame them for been a part of P2W.

This server is all but pay to win. The only thing you're able to buy are, ranks, multiplayer points, cubelets and miniatures (and merch though). Those do not effect the gameplay, that would be against the EULA.

• A cubelet gives you vanity items, which don't effect any gameplay experience.
  • A miniature does not any gameplay, as it's a vanity item.
  • A rank gives you more exclusive items, which are not obtainable for those without one, but they still don't effect any gameplay.
  • Multiplayer points will give you dubble points for a decent amount of time, but they don't give you any advantages other plays don't have, as they're for everyone playing that game.
  • Merch is not even worth mentioning but I will do for those who will complain about me forgetting it, it's not in-game so it won't give you any advantage.

So you mean instead of buying a rank/cubelet in the first place you'd have to buy points? That'd be unnecessary. It'd only cost more time when buying something.

When people are buying a rank, they will have their exclusive items too, and even if that would bbe deleted it would still be messy. You shouldn't be able to decide when you want your money (in this case points back). I think you're missing the point of donating here. Donating ain't buying, there's no such thing as a "cash receipt" here. You're donating money to support the server, and they're giving you a rank as exchange for being their supporter. Sounds the same as buying, but it's different. This would throw the whole donating system away and would turn it in to a Minecraft shop. And the reason why that hasn't been added before is because it is against the EULA.

So a no for me.
And what if I tell you that the EULA is dead?

PS: Takes more time? It takes less then 5 minutes, but yeah, people are lazy these days.

P2W = Pay to win.
This term is used when servers, or even games, provide huge advantages to players who are willing to pay hard currency for it. Cube has no huge advantages for ranks, since most of their permissions lay in vanity, while the remaining ones are voting for gamemodes and map selection. This isn't really any form of advantage aside from the fact that you might have a higher chance of winning in one kit (like Spam mentioned) or a specific gamemode. In no way is this pay to win since there's no actual advantage for the rank when the game starts. Everyone has equal chances.
I really don't think converting the old miniatures to premium currency like a token system or something is a good idea. Just deal with the fact that the miniatures are now obtainable through cubelets. It's just vanity, and there was no mentioning anywhere on the store that it would stay as a store-only feature.

This especially is a no from me. It only makes some sense if you're talking about the miniatures players had purchased before they were made a cubelet drop.

Did you found that on Google or did you just get that out of your head? - this is a real question though, so no hate.

I feel you about that last thing, but that's only for the players that can't affort a rank with IRL money. I guess.

**Anyways, deleted my post, because people were crying about P2W when the threads is about a Point System, lol. Community these days.
PS: I wouldn't buy Emerald and all those miniatures and point multi whenever I would talk trash about Cube, so don't get triggered guys. The truth can be hard sometimes. ^.^

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Did you found that on Google or did you just get that out of your head? - this is a real question though, so no hate.
Nope. Completely wrote it up myself.

I feel you about that last thing, but that's only for the players that can't affort a rank with IRL money. I guess.
I wouldn't ever consider buying a rank if there's a free way to do it by way of cubelet loot. Many players probably think alike, so this is a huge no from me. After all, ranks are likely their main source of income.
**Anyways, deleted my post, because people were crying about P2W when the threads is about a Point System, lol. Community these days.
Well... you were the one that brought it up in the main thread...

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Nope. Completely wrote it up myself.

I wouldn't ever consider buying a rank if there's a free way to do it by way of cubelet loot. Many players probably think alike, so this is a huge no from me. After all, ranks are likely their main source of income.

Well... you were the one that brought it up in the main thread...
Search it then, I did it atleast. Then you will see the real def of it.

There is also a reason why I asked to give some ideas for this suggestion, I was still updating it to the 'perfect' suggestion. I was never 100% sure about the refund thing whenever you get it from cubelets, so that's why I wanted advice of other members.

And yeah, of course I did. But people are getting triggered for no reason what so ever, lol. It's a form of P2W, then so what, deal with it and let it pass. Everything is P2W at the end, so I don't see the point of getting triggered about it? Do you?

D

Deleted member 100818

Your proof is right here: https://store.cubecraft.net/
Don't get mad because it's true. I never effected Cube in a way to blame them for been a part of P2W.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so let me say this one more time: Everything you see in the shop, does not give you any in-game advantages others don't have. It's quite easy to understand, really. And your "proof" is basically anything but proof of your own statement. You only see items there which gives you no in-game advantages at all.

And what if I tell you that the EULA is dead?
The EULA is still valid, if not Mojang would announced it or basically changed/deleted it.

PS: Takes more time? It takes less then 5 minutes, but yeah, people are lazy these days.
The issue is, that's unnecessary. And I already explained why.

S
And yeah, of course I did. But people are getting triggered for no reason what so ever, lol. It's a form of P2W, then so what, deal with it and let it pass. Everything is P2W at the end, so I don't see the point of getting triggered about it? Do you?

Getting really sick of this "Pay 2 win" thing. Give me one valid example of something that's pay to win, a link to the store basically makes your own statement invalid.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so let me say this one more time: Everything you see in the shop, does not give you any in-game advantages others don't have. It's quite easy to understand, really. And your "proof" is basically anything but proof of your own statement. You only see items there which gives you no in-game advantages at all.

The EULA is still valid, if not Mojang would announced it or basically changed/deleted it.

The issue is, that's unnecessary. And I already explained why.

Getting really sick of this "Pay 2 win" thing. Give me one valid example of something that's pay to win, a link to the store basically makes your own statement invalid.
So flying in the lobby is normal for members? I don't think so. In-game doesn't mean inside a Skywars game or etc. It also means in the lobbies either. I don't wanna blame you but I think I have a little bit more knowledge about those things. You don't see everything that happens behind the doors, do you?

You have a point about the EULA, but they don't check servers anymore, so uhm? Where is your EULA now?

But anyways, let's talk through Skype or Discord if you getting sick of this. Maybe that's easier for you.
**You are the one that begins to hate on the P2W, lol.

D

Deleted member 100818

So flying in the lobby is normal for members? I don't think so. In-game doesn't mean inside a Skywars game or etc. It also means in the lobbies either. I don't wanna blame you but I think I have a little bit more knowledge about those things. You don't see everything that happens behind the doors, do you?
A lobby is an exclusive waiting room, to join all kinds of games. It does not count as a gameplay as the only thing you can play is parkour, which is only for having a time stat, that's because fly is disabled when doing the parkour. So if you still think it is "pay 2 win" what are you able to win? Nothing, you're just able to explore the lobby a bit more than people without emerald+.

You have a point about the EULA, but they don't check servers anymore, so uhm? Where is your EULA now?
"You're not allowed to pee against trees, but people still do it without being noticed by a cop, where's your law now?"

That's almost the same thing, it's not allowed, but it still happens. I could agree with having Mojang actually look at server having a pay 2 win, but as that's not the suggestion here I won't complain about that here.

But anyways, let's talk through Skype or Discord if you getting sick of this. Maybe that's easier for you.
Why? You're suggesting it here, so we'll finish it here.

**You are the one that begins to hate on the P2W, lol.
Oh that's not only me pal.

Reactions: _Oplex_

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Tell me. What do ranks get for having /fly in a lobby? Do they get rewarded for it? Is there any actual reason to fly other than to just explore and move around a bit faster? Do ranks get a gameplay advantage with /fly in lobbies? The answer is no.
Why? Because it's not affecting any actual games.
Pay to win would be: Being able to get items/abilities/boosting mechanics applied to ranks alone or the person that bought said product, meaning they'll have more things than a normal member in the normal gameplay.
I honestly can't get more simple than this: Pay to win is basically paying to get advantages over those who don't pay. Cube doesn't do this in any (direct) way.

*cough cough*
532f85ea807fefee2766806c7233393d.png

*cough cough*

Reactions: _Oplex_
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom