Soooooooo

• Amazing idea, but for staff-only!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hellooooooo, it's me, with another suggestion.

Disclaimer: The original idea was by @dp135, he made a very basic and plain thread about the Cubecraft olympics which can be seen here

Cubecraft Olympics would be a huge event where the participants would play (almost) every game on the network. I will be using "CCO" throughout the thread to make life a bit easier.
Let me go in to more detail..

Q U A L I F I C A T I O N

Every player has the chance to qualify for the CCO in a period of around a week or two.
Qualifications are announced a month before they start. This is so players can prepare themselves and for a variety of other reasons.

How would the exact qualifactions go?

S G
At the beginning of these two weeks, all the participants will start of with playing three games of Solo Survival Games, since this is all about your PvP skills and the use of your environment.

The winners get three points ("CCO Points"), players who have ended up second get two points, and the players who ended up third get one point.

S W
When Survival Games have been finished, the next round can start: Skywars.
Every player who wishes to qualify plays five games of Solo Skywars.

The winners get three points ("CCO Points"), players who have ended up second get two points, and the players who ended up third get one point.

M I X E D _ A R C A D E
When Skywars and Survival Games have ended, the qualifications end with three games of Mixed Arcade.

The participant with the most trophies gets three points ("CCO Points"), players who have ended up second get two points, and the players who ended up third get one point

CCO could possibly bring some problems, I have the solutions to some of these!

P O S S I B L E _ P R O B L E M S

1. An incredible amount of participants.
-> Simple! Staff would create parties with the same amount of players needed in a specific map.
Probably even more participants, so more parties and more maps.

2. Hackers
-> There would be staff spectating. To keep an eye of each and every player. To make it even more fair, staff could use the replay mod!
It is a mod in which you can spectate and fly around in a world when you left it, you can also make your very own custom paths to create enjoyable camera movement.

T H E _ A C T U A L _ O L Y M P I C S
When the qualifactions have ended, the staff-team and (most) of the qualified participants sit together and discuss a good date. When most of the people have agreed on a date, a thread will be created about the CCO and how to follow it.

The management would be spectating during the whole CCO and streaming everything live on cubecraft.tv

On the exact date, the CCO would start. All gamemodes on the network would be played (excluding PvP, Freebuild, and maybe Tower Defence and UHC): Four games of each gamemode.

The CCO points gained during the qualifiactions get removed and it starts again. Ending up first will give you three points etc, etc.

The eventual winners get..
1) Rank upgrade + 10.000 EXP + Miniature pack
2) Rank upgrade + 7500 EXP + Miniature pack
3) 5000 EXP + Miniature pack

---

This would be amazing to have, and it would really connect more players!
The only real issue that I see, that can't be fixed: If people have to go and leave the game, because of their parents etc. etc.
A possible fix for that could be to make it a staff-only competition to find out who is the best, but I noticed staff don't really have that much time.. Staff could also 'invite' some people to qualify for the CCO, like active players or leaderboard players

---

Ciao
-Berre​
[/SPOILER]

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Good idea, I don't think it should only be for staff as that wouldent be fair for players.
I like it!
That's obviously true, and it would also connect staff to members, but there would be one huge problem..

The only real issue that I see, that can't be fixed: If people have to go and leave the game, because of their parents etc. etc.
A possible fix for that could be to make it a staff-only competition to find out who is the best, but I noticed staff don't really have that much time.. Staff could also 'invite' some people to qualify for the CCO, like active players or leaderboard players

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
It's a nice concept but I'd like to know what would happen if you've already got all the miniatures and you're Obsidian+ rank. What do you get then?

Also, when I've got more time.. I'll make a proper response.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
So basically remove half the people who would very well have the potential to win by doing qualification games at certain times whichever may go against someone’s schedule due to their time zone

This in a nutshell would be the much worse and much more chaotic version of the eggwars tournament at insomnia 61 earlier this year

Reactions: Eli

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Disclaimer: The original idea was by @dp135, he made a very basic and plain thread about the Cubecraft olympics which can be seen here

Cubecraft Olympics would be a huge event where the participants would play (almost) every game on the network. I will be using "CCO" throughout the thread to make life a bit easier.

Every player has the chance to qualify for the CCO in a period of around a week or two.
Qualifications are announced a month before they start. This is so players can prepare themselves and for a variety of other reasons.

S G
At the beginning of these two weeks, all the participants will start of with playing three games of Solo Survival Games, since this is all about your PvP skills and the use of your environment.

S W

M I X E D _ A R C A D E
When Skywars and Survival Games have ended, the qualifications end with three games of Mixed Arcade.

The participant with the most trophies gets three points ("CCO Points"), players who have ended up second get two points, and the players who ended up third get one point

-> Simple! Staff would create parties with the same amount of players needed in a specific map.

2. Hackers
-> There would be staff spectating. To keep an eye of each and every player. To make it even more fair, staff could use the replay mod!
It is a mod in which you can spectate and fly around in a world when you left it, you can also make your very own custom paths to create enjoyable camera movement.

When the qualifactions have ended, the staff-team and (most) of the qualified participants sit together and discuss a good date. When most of the people have agreed on a date, a thread will be created about the CCO and how to follow it.

The management would be spectating during the whole CCO and streaming everything live on cubecraft.tv

On the exact date, the CCO would start. All gamemodes on the network would be played (excluding PvP, Freebuild, and maybe Tower Defence and UHC): Four games of each gamemode.

The CCO points gained during the qualifiactions get removed and it starts again. Ending up first will give you three points etc, etc.

---

---

Ciao
-Berre​
[/SPOILER]
Sounds like fun.
When would these happen? (Or did i just miss read it and skip over? I read it like twice so I don’t think I did.)

Reactions: Priley

dp135

Jan 21, 2017
Why is this even a thing!

S G

S W

M I X E D _ A R C A D E

2. Hackers

---

---

Ciao
-Berre​
[/SPOILER]
Hosts would be me the actual person who thought of the CubeCraft olymics, Berre and an Admin. We would have been instantly in the olypics hosting it!
So we don’t need to know if we are in.
Summary: me Berre and an admin are the hosts for making CubeCraft olympics up.

dp135

Jan 21, 2017
Why is this even a thing!

S G

S W

M I X E D _ A R C A D E

2. Hackers

---

---

Ciao
-Berre​
[/SPOILER]
Want to friend me?
If you do my IGN: IronBlokz

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hosts would be me the actual person who thought of the CubeCraft olymics, Berre and an Admin. We would have been instantly in the olypics hosting it!
So we don’t need to know if we are in.
Summary: me Berre and an admin are the hosts for making CubeCraft olympics up.
Eeeeeehr, no
I would like to participate, staff would host

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Apparently I'm getting reports that server routing is broken in some countries. One of my friends (he's from Kuwait) got redirected to Asian servers and got higher ping as a result. He has better ping in EU than in Asia. Could you guys look into it? Thanks
I really do hope that things will be better this month.

Noooooooooooooooooo-
I had a similar idea, I had already collected all the screenshots and informations- noooooo-
1000078266.jpg
Mintypie231 wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉 🎂
Reesle wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Reach's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom