CubeCraft Games Translation Team

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Elenahh, May 20, 2019.

1. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    Feel free to submit a response to the form. We have members who are fluent in French and are able to check through your work when you are finished and help you improve it. :)

As I said in the thread, we are a team for a reason. We help each other improve the translations we have made so they can have the best quality possible. That being said, you can definitely help us out.

elchuii and Marieke2002 like this.
  2. Riley

Riley Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    No offence and all, and I may be very wrong here: but I've had French for 7 years now and just like you I'm not fluent at all.

Even though we may have been taught different level of French, I'm sure they're not teaching you Minecraft related French

(baguette)

3. Max ♠

Max ♠ Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some rando mod put my baguette in a spoiler, what a scam

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  4. Marieke2002

Marieke2002 Member

komododragon2002
    Emerald
    Stokvis <3 stokbrood.

Ik denk niet dat je veel brood gegeten hebt van deze thread

komododragon2001 and Max ♠ like this.
  5. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    I've been learning it since I was 2, you can become fluent at it with just a few years of learning, if you have a high enough French education level. And if anything, I could help. \o/

komododragon2001 likes this.
  6. Riley

Riley Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    You've been learning it for 13 years, and as I've been taught in psychology, the younger a child is, the easier it'll be to teach languages and to teach in general

Since you've been learning since you were age 2, I'm assuming it was one of the languages you spoke at home or spoke frequently (at daycare e.g.)
    All in all, having a couple of hours of French per week at school is not comparable to speaking a language since you were 2 years old

Marieke2002 likes this.
  7. Feách

Feách Member

SantaBabyyy
    Obsidian
    I could try to translate it...

8. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    It really depends on your methods of studying a certain language. For example, a person who actively uses French every day for 5 years is probably going to know this language better than a person who has been barely using it for 7 years. In both situations, you are 'studying' French, but one of the methods is a lot better than the other and will give a better result at the end. So I just don't see what were you trying to tell us with your message.
    Also, I don't see how Minecraft French is so much different than the normal French. I personally can't think of anything that can't be translated using normal French, and that we need to translate on the server.

If he thinks he is able to translate in French, he's more than welcome to submit a response to the form.
    Please don't get off-topic. I didn't leave the thread open for such things to be posted on it. ;D

9. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    Nah, only ever spoke it in school and the very basics from being taught at home, because my parents knew they were going to put me in a french school. Nowadays I take 4-5 hours of french a week and never speak it anywhere else, e.g. online or at home. I admittedly only take it because I'm supposed to for school, and even then I still speak it very well.
    I mean, I have not spoken French anywhere outside of school in the last 9~ years tbh. Funnily enough, the only language I spoke a lot since I was 2 and I still do, and we use everyday in our household, (Arabic) I still suck at it anyway, especially when you compare it to my French and English. >.>
    ^^ That too.
    When I translated my first thread, I never had learned the word "ban" in French, so that is an example, "piston", "cobblestone", "Depth strider", etc. But, even then, it's not 'Minecraft French', just 'Words-that-are-more-frequent-in-Minecraft-but-in-French.'

Anyways, again, I have a lot of free time (sometimes) and would love to spend that on helping people with evaluating on their French translations. hmu pls im bored af

Sprout and komododragon2001 like this.
  10. Sprout

Sprout Member

MrCastel
    Speaking and translating multiple languages is a skill that is worth money. Cubecraft isn't paying you, so them expecting professional level translation and work attitude isn't realistic anyway.

And literally the first things you "win" from joining the translation team = A good opportunity to practice skills such as language skills and teamwork skills, while being surrounded by pleasant people.

Seems like you are the perfect candidate to me.

11. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    Yeah, which is why it takes me literally months to translate basically anything at all. =P I don't dedicate myself to this, I just do it for my own fun. Plus, it's a way for me to evaluate on my
    ---
    I, really, just do it for fun. Takes me a hell load of a time to finish anything, mainly because I don't get paid for it, but when I do it I just do it for fun. Translators (as far as I know) can earn up to 20$/day, do you really expect Cube to do that? Lmao

Edit: According to this very random site I found, (http://www.translationrules.com/translator-salaries-by-language/)
    A translator can earn up to 34$/hour in some states of the US. *shrugs*
    --
    Also, my French translation, according to this random word-counter website, is ``3,609 words 22,722 characters'';
    Considering I can earn 0.1$/word, that's a grand total of 361$, but of course, Cube can't afford that. They can't even afford fixing the Infected game mode, lmao

12. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    Bumping this thread in case there are members who would be interested to join, but haven't seen the thread yet.

Warriors1976 likes this.
  13. Riley

Riley Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    Not really necessary considering it's pinned u noob

14. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    I'm very aware it is, but just because it is pinned, that doesn't guarantee members will be noticing it all the time. They will notice it only if they visit the Everything Else sub forum. After I bump it, the thread appears in the new posts section, and that makes the chances of new people seeing it even higher. (For a short amount of time, but it costs me nothing to try.)

Warriors1976 likes this.
  15. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    The applications have been opened for Spanish members now! We can accept one more Spanish translator.

Warriors1976 and elchuii like this.
  16. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

IIIIIIIII_NM
    Emerald
    Локо София 2019