Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!

Crystal kit was added recently.
All duels maps are flat. This does not work with Crystal PVP.

There is nothing to take advantage of and I always end up at the bottom of the map with the other person, using swords unable to use crystals because we ended up submerging ourselves in the floor to get an advantage.

Make maps specifically for Crystal PVP that have some height variation.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I prefer all maps to stay exactly the same regardless of what kit you're using. I don't really see it as a big problem.
You physically not play crystal pvp correctly on a flat map.

It wouldn't be as bad if the floor was consistently made out of something you could mine with a pickaxe, but some floors have wood, dirt, water and sand which makes the game very inefficient.

Reactions: FoxFil_ and Goldy

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I prefer all maps to stay exactly the same regardless of what kit you're using. I don't really see it as a big problem.
I disagree, flat maps are great, they're a great way to, quite literally, level the playing field. However with that being said, uneven terrain is something that can be used to your advantage in normal kits as well, I personally quite like variation among maps, I don't want all maps to be level, nor do I want all maps to be uneven. I think a mix between the two would've worked perfectly before.

However, the simple fact you said this "isn't a big problem" indicates you have absolutely no idea how crystal pvp works. It's literally physically impossible to be played correctly on a level playing field, the very essence of crystal pvp requires height differences. Because of this, ideally crystal pvp would get its own maps - all of which would be uneven.
Whereas other kits that don't require height difference get both completely flat, and uneven maps.

I do however realise a lot of people would disagree with this, wanting only flat maps, and some might only want uneven maps. I'm not sure it'd be possible but potentially there could be a new setting added to be able to choose whether you want flat or uneven maps, or both. This could, in theory, satisfy everyone.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree, flat maps are great, they're a great way to, quite literally, level the playing field. However with that being said, uneven terrain is something that can be used to your advantage in normal kits as well, I personally quite like variation among maps, I don't want all maps to be level, nor do I want all maps to be uneven. I think a mix between the two would've worked perfectly before.
Well, I think you misunderstood what I said. With ''I prefer all maps to stay the same regardless of the kit'' I mean that I would like there to be maps with relief and flat maps in the same quantities. This includes having the ability to play Crystal PvP on relief maps as well as flat maps and the same with the rest of the kits. I disagree at the same map changing depending on the kit you are playing on.

However, the simple fact you said this "isn't a big problem" indicates you have absolutely no idea how crystal pvp works. It's literally physically impossible to be played correctly on a level playing field, the very essence of crystal pvp requires height differences. Because of this, ideally crystal pvp would get its own maps - all of which would be uneven.
Whereas other kits that don't require height difference get both completely flat, and uneven maps.
You can't say that I have no idea how pvp crystal works for saying that it's playable on flat terrain. Of course it is somewhat more complicated than on maps with relief but it still does not seem like a big problem in my opinion.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I was doing it. You have not left me even 1 minute between when I have reacted and to respond :)
My bad, suppose I got too eager. :p

I disagree at the same map changing depending on the kit you are playing on.
I suppose I indeed misunderstood that, although no one actually suggested this. What was sugested by Conea, and what I'd personally rather see are new uneven maps being added, and the current flat maps being completely unplayable with crystal pvp kits. If I remember correctly with the old custom kits you used to be able to toggle what maps you'd play in, so this should be possible to arrange.

You can't say that I have no idea how pvp crystal works for saying that it's playable on flat terrain.
I'd argue that depends on your definition of "playable". It's possible yes, however as I pointed out before, height difference is at the very core of the style. Playing Crystal pvp without height difference is like fishing without a fishing rod. Even if you have the bait you're missing an essential part of the experience.
Now obviously it's technically possible to create height differences yourself, however as Conea said that tends to lead to both players mining down endlessly and ending up fight with swords in the end. It's also important to mention what Conea also said about some (most) maps being very inconsistent in the floor block - throwing in wood, dirt, sand. glass, and stone, which makes it even harder to do.

Conclusion: is it playable? Well, yes. Is it enjoyable? Maybe, to some people. Does it provide people with the very best experience they could have of Crystal pvp? Absolutely not. And seeing as the best experience is what we (hopefully) strive for, I see no reason not to add additional uneven maps, and disable flat ones for Crystal pvp.

Shadowcade

May 21, 2022
Hey!

There is nothing to take advantage of and I always end up at the bottom of the map with the other person, using swords unable to use crystals because we ended up submerging ourselves in the floor to get an advantage.

I totally agree with and as a quite good crystal pvper it can be really really annoying to just see bedrock

Reactions: Conea64

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!

I disagree with it because crystal PvP is not something of just standing and spamming clicks, but instead it should depend on skills and timings
You should blow the crystal when the player jumps and this is why Timing matters because crystal do the most damage when the player is at the same level as crystal and not the obsidian.
So the maps should remain as they are right now :)

Reactions: Conea64

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
In that case you just have to hit him once and blow the crystal
Yeah obviously that's possible.. BUT, as I said before, it's not exactly that it's unplayable, it's more that it isn't the absolute best experience crystal pvp can give you. Height differences in the map add yet another layer of strategy. And obviously if you do want to only do this you can simply stay at a relatively flat area of the map. Best of both worlds! :)

Although if it turns out more people agree with you I'd suggest to at the very least implement uneven and flat maps, that way you get both options, I guess that's the most fair solution we'd get to.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom