Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi there!
I was playing some Competitive Parkour and I noticed something I found really strange, I'll explain it all in this suggestion!

❓ What is the exact problem?

So when I was playing, after every game, there was no "play again"-button, which makes sense, since you are placed in a queue, and sometimes you even have to wait for 5 minutes. That's why I think it makes sense there is no "play again"-button, and I'm glad CubeCraft added the "leave"-barrier block, so after a game you can leave pretty quick. Status quo (current situation), however, is that you get send back to the very middle of the spawn. Me, a quite lazy human being, finds this very annoying... Luckily there is a solution!

Current situation: you spawn back at the middle platform in the lobby

🤔 How can we resolve the problem?

I'd love to see players spawn in front of the NPC after a match, so they can easily rejoin a game. PvP Duels already has the same, so why not implement it with Competitive Parkour? They both don't have the replay button, so the reason why to spawn in front of the NPC would be the same.

Current situation: after a PvP Duel, you get teleported back in front of the NPC rather than the normal spawn

😇 Concluding...

So I'm lazy and I'm aware. I'd love to see a quality of life change: spawning in front of NPC after a Competitive Parkour match. It's already implemented for PvP Duel matches, this so you can join a new match easily, hence there is no "play again"-button.

I hope y'all understand the problem I'm issuing, and even though I'm lazy you'd like to help me! Please vote with :agree: if you agree this should be implemented! Thanks for reading all this and have a nice day/night! :heart:

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Thats not what I suggested tho...
I suggest to let people join the lobby back in front of the NPC instead of the normal spawn
Since they are going to add the play button again, I don't think this is really necessary.

The fact of having a button that makes you join again makes teleporting to the NPC unnecessary.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Since they are going to add the play button again, I don't think this is really necessary.
It's not necessary 😕
I don't really see how this would be 'unnecessary'.

PvP Duels also doesn't have a play again button, nor will it get one, since you have to wait for an opponent to join the queue. PvP Duels is at least 20 times more popular, so if it would get one, you'd have to wait for not longer than 5 seconds most of the time. Competitive Parkour on the other hand has way less players, which will ensure that you have to wait for sometimes 5 minutes. If you finish your game, that game server will close after let's say 10 seconds (probably less). You simply cant have a play again button in Competitive Parkour, but obviously you can have a replay button.

Now I honestly don't care about a replay button, since its not what this thread is about. What I want to achieve with this suggestion is that after your game closes down, you don't have to walk all the way back to the Parkour NPC to join the queue again. Since, whenever you switch server or lobby, you get removed from the queue, this is absolutely necessary.

So if you could explain how this is unnecessary and why PvP Duels, a game in which it is wayyy less necessary due to the amount of daily players, does have this function and that that shouldn't be removed instead, then I'd really appreciate that, Thanks! :heart:

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really see how this would be 'unnecessary'.

PvP Duels also doesn't have a play again button, nor will it get one, since you have to wait for an opponent to join the queue. PvP Duels is at least 20 times more popular, so if it would get one, you'd have to wait for not longer than 5 seconds most of the time. Competitive Parkour on the other hand has way less players, which will ensure that you have to wait for sometimes 5 minutes. If you finish your game, that game server will close after let's say 10 seconds (probably less). You simply cant have a play again button in Competitive Parkour, but obviously you can have a replay button.

Now I honestly don't care about a replay button, since its not what this thread is about. What I want to achieve with this suggestion is that after your game closes down, you don't have to walk all the way back to the Parkour NPC to join the queue again. Since, whenever you switch server or lobby, you get removed from the queue, this is absolutely necessary.

So if you could explain how this is unnecessary and why PvP Duels, a game in which it is wayyy less necessary due to the amount of daily players, does have this function and that that shouldn't be removed instead, then I'd really appreciate that, Thanks! :heart:
Hi, there are several reasons why this is unnecessary and I'm going to show you some of them:

1. There are not many players who play this mode
If they implement your idea, it would save time but also is a problem due to not many people play this game mode, the system takes a long time to find someone to compete so it would not be necessary to add it.

2. I dont want to continue playing this gamemode
Imagine that I only want to play one game in this game mode, it is very annoying that at the end I get teleported to that NPC if I am not going to continue playing it.

3. Theres actually a game tracker!
Is not necessary to teleport you to any NPC since we already have the compass to be able to enter much better.
With that update, teleporting to the Duels NPC is no longer a good idea and don't make much sense. They should also remove this

With the things I told you, I think that I explained you properly why your suggestion is unnecessary :/

Reactions: Buckyy

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree with most 2 of the 3 points, ill state down why. It might be something we personally disagree with but I still feel like explaining my sides for these points would make sense:
1. There are not many players who play this mode
If they implement your idea, it would save time but also is a problem due to not many people play this game mode, the system takes a long time to find someone to compete so it would not be necessary to add it.
Not fixing something because there aren't enough players for a game it seems a bit weird to me...

Two situations and in both I disagree:

1. We (CubeCraft) want to have the game in our lobby, and we want players to play it:
- In this situation you obviously need to make it players as easy as possible. Investing time in development (which shouldn't be too difficult, I'll explain in the next point) is a part of that. Not fixing it due to too little players would only keep more people away, so that there will be even less players, which causes less need to fix things, which brings less players to the game etc. Thats the whole point of fixing it and adding QoL changes.

2. We (CubeCraft) see not many people play the game, hence we are not investing time in it:
- In this case I rather see the whole gamemode getting deleted. I explained this above, so I'll skip that for now.

2. I dont want to continue playing this gamemode
Imagine that I only want to play one game in this game mode, it is very annoying that at the end I get teleported to that NPC if I am not going to continue playing it.
Simple answer I can and must give to this: why in the name of God do players get teleported in front of the PvP NPC when they are done with a duel? If that would be the reason not to implement this, I'd love to change this suggestion to remove it from the Duel Gamemode as well. I also don't see how the two games should be treated different when it comes to stuff like this, hence I think they either both should have TP in front of NPC or none of them.
Also to get to the pointed named at the first reason, it should be easy to implement and make since it already exists for PvP. Just copy paste some stuff with other coords (I know its also not that easy but you get the point 😛 )
3. Theres actually a game tracker!
Is not necessary to teleport you to any NPC since we already have the compass to be able to enter much better.
With that update, teleporting to the Duels NPC is no longer a good idea and don't make much sense. They should also remove this
This is actually the only thing I actually see and slightly agree with, but I don't see why this would stop this suggestion from getting implemented. You state that duels also shouldn't get TP'ed in front of the NPC, but why not? It's quite easy to just press the NPC rather than picking up the compass and pressing all the gamemodes. If this is the only statement left, I don't think there is any need to get this implemented as soon as possible, but I think this is a fairly useful Quality of Life change to make everything slightly easier and smoother for those who want that. I don't see how this would harm the community, so I don't think there is very much of a bad side about this, but I get this point and I also get if this is why you would disagree with the thread.

Concluding:
I do think it is necessary, and I don't think all hope in Comp Park is lost, and there should still be put time and effort in by the staff team. This suggestion would be a great way, hence you should agree.

If anything is still unclear or you simply dont agree with me, feel free to comment! Thanks for reading this all again btw :D

• Disagree
Reactions: Buckyy and Amazinq

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
You are talking about to 'fix' a problem. Right now there is not any bug or problem to fix so you are suggesting to do the same as duels. (Nowadays with the tracker, the tp is not necessary)

Actually its fine, your suggestion would be very annoying.

As I said, there is a game tracker so the fact of teleporting you into the NPC would be and is in the case of duels absurd.

Please dont say that I should agree because thats not true and I gave you many reasons why your suggestion is not a good idea.

Using the NPC or the gamemode tracker, you waste exactly the same time. Anyways, the tracker is the best alternative because you dont need to be teleported and you can select the game you want, not only parkour!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom