Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Crafty

Oct 10, 2015
False bans. Every now and then it happens. Those people have lost valuable playtime by the time they get unbanned. My suggestion is to give players who get falsely banned a compensation reward. Because they have been punished for something they did not do.

Reactions: MClicious

Crafty

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks. How about other people. What do you think? Pros and cons?

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Yes, Sentinel bans legit players, nothing is perfect.
As MegaCool said, it's irrelevant to give false banned players a reward, why should we?

Reactions: ElPtricko

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yes, Sentinel bans legit players, nothing is perfect.
As MegaCool said, it's irrelevant to give false banned players a reward, why should we?
Because of the inconvenience caused by a false ban. In the 12 hours or longer that you've been false banned, you would have gotten a lot of XP, points, and cubelets.

The players don't know if the offender is legit, but the staff know by checking logs.

Crafty

Oct 10, 2015
Talking about Sentinel, I made this post because sentinel false banned me. I was recording when I got banned tho.

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Because of the inconvenience caused by a false ban. In the 12 hours or longer that you've been false banned, you would have gotten a lot of XP, points, and cubelets.

The players don't know if the offender is legit, but the staff know by checking logs.

I losed 12 hours of my life!!!!
If your life was short because of an illness I could understand.
But add a reward for being false banned. Sorry but you can just be happy that you've got an unban. There are enough guys that don't get it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The reason why legit players getting banned is because of Sentinel. Sentinel is just a little baby bot and need to learn a lot. I don't think it is really neccessary to give rewards. Also you don't know if he was legit.
Talking about Sentinel, I made this post because sentinel false banned me. I was recording when I got banned tho.
Yeah that isn't a way to get out of responces

Also isn't this kinda unfair to people just because of a bot they get 2 cubelets or something
Besides you know how many people Sentinel bans

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I get it, its not fun to get falsely banned but its not fair towards other players to give you rewards because of false bans.
And im not sure, but i think this could be against the EULA, as yiu are giving individual players a reward, but as i said im not sure.

Crafty

Oct 10, 2015
I get it, its not fun to get falsely banned but its not fair towards other players to give you rewards because of false bans.
And im not sure, but i think this could be against the EULA, as you are giving individual players a reward, but as i said im not sure.
No it is not against the EULA. It is fair. Someone gets banned for something they didn't do. So as compensation you get some small reward. It happens in real life too. You go to jail for something you didnt do, you can get money as compensation.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
No it is not against the EULA. It is fair. Someone gets banned for something they didn't do. So as compensation you get some small reward. It happens in real life too. You go to jail for something you didnt do, you can get money as compensation.
But this is a game, not real life. Its the same with voting, you dont get rewards for it bacuase its against the EULA so i could imagine that its the same with this.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I don't think these people need to get a reward because they have been falsely banned by Sentinel. Remember, Sentinel is a house written Anti-Cheat that has some false positives every now and then. The Developers try to fix those false positives as fast as possible when they know the false positive. It's not the/a perfect Anti-Cheat.

Crafty

Oct 10, 2015
And in the process of developing those anti cheats innocent unlucky people have to suffer. And eventually (if) when they get unbanned they have lost some valuable play time and permanently have it on their record that they have been banned once. Well then isn't this experience gonna make cubecraft their favorite server?

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
And in the process of developing those anti cheats innocent unlucky people have to suffer. And eventually (if) when they get unbanned they have lost some valuable play time and permanently have it on their record that they have been banned once. Well then isn't this experience gonna make cubecraft their favorite server?
If its a false ban its removed from their record. I have been falsely banned and it now says that i have no infractions to appeal, which means its removed.

iTzPlayerPT

Dec 25, 2015
Portugal <3
False bans. Every now and then it happens. Those people have lost valuable playtime by the time they get unbanned. My suggestion is to give players who get falsely banned a compensation reward. Because they have been punished for something they did not do.

I agree with this ideia, but what type of rewards are you talking about?

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I agree that a rank reward would be unfair. I thought about it, and points or cubelets seem best to me.
No, not points or cubelets, that's against the EULA im pretty sure. You could do vanity points as they dont give an advantage during gameplay.

Reactions: iTzPlayerPT
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom