Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Once every while, CubeCraft hosts Community Talks. They’re great ways to have contact with the community and talk about what the community wants to happen. However, as all things, they can be improved.

Improvement 1: More Publicity On Different Platforms

At the moment, community talks are announced in a thread on the forums, and in a channel called community events on the discord. For the rest, a channel is also created on the discord dedicated to the community talk. This is something, but not enough. The community talk isn’t mentioned at all in the game itself. If you’re a player that doesn’t look on the discord/the forums a lot, but you do play a lot and know how things work, you won’t know about the talk, even though you could be a good addition to the talk. So, making announcements in game is a first step. Secondly, even on the discord, the publicity is not enough. Whenever there is a community talk you’ll always have people asking what’s happening. There are 2 possible solutions for this: Delete the community events channel and put the announcements for the talks in the announcements channel from now on; more people look in there. Or use the community events channel but with an @ everyone tag. (Or combine those, so in announcements channel and a tag)

Improvement 2: On the Forums

On the forums, as mentioned before, a thread is created about the community talk. This should also be improved. The thread isn’t featured, so you have to find it yourself. In my opinion, the thread should certainly be featured. On top of that, the community talk threads don’t have a place where they all go. Some go in the “the lobby” subforum, some go in feedback & suggestions, some go in events & competitions and some go in the subforum of the game they’re about. That makes absolutely no sense. I’d suggest to make a subforum in the Events & Competitions part called “Community Talks”, and move every previously hosted community talk to there, and put any future ones in there as well.

I think those suggestions would greatly improve the publicity of the community talks, more people would come, more opinions would be given and that would give a better view on what the community wants. And that’s what the community talks are all about :)

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
At the moment, community talks are announced in a thread on the forums, and in a channel called community events on the discord. For the rest, a channel is also created on the discord dedicated to the community talk. This is something, but not enough. The community talk isn’t mentioned at all in the game itself. If you’re a player that doesn’t look on the discord/the forums a lot, but you do play a lot and know how things work, you won’t know about the talk, even though you could be a good addition to the talk. So, making announcements in game is a first step.
So about last week, we've added announcements into Bedrock, meaning that we can now finally ''announce'' things on our server. I suppose an announcement of the community talks will pop up every once in a while now as well?

Secondly, even on the discord, the publicity is not enough. Whenever there is a community talk you’ll always have people asking what’s happening. There are 2 possible solutions for this: Delete the community events channel and put the announcements for the talks in the announcements channel from now on; more people look in there. Or use the community events channel but with an @EveryOne tag. (Or combine those, so in announcements channel and a tag)
Posting every Community Talk related message in #anouncement will just create a mess and I don't agree with that, however, I do think that an @EveryOne or @here should go out before starting the Community Talk to let everyone know that it's ongoing and that they can join.

On the forums, as mentioned before, a thread is created about the community talk. This should also be improved. The thread isn’t featured, so you have to find it yourself. In my opinion, the thread should certainly be featured. On top of that, the community talk threads don’t have a place where they all go. Some go in the “the lobby” subforum, some go in feedback & suggestions, some go in events & competitions and some go in the subforum of the game they’re about. That makes absolutely no sense. I’d suggest to make a subforum in the Events & Competitions part called “Community Talks”, and move every previously hosted community talk to there, and put any future ones in there as well.
I'd say just either post it in the News subforum since that's the subforum where most people look at (those who don't check the forums very often).

Anyway, I'll escalate this thread to the higher-up people and see if there can be made some changes to it. :)

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
@EveryOne
Poor guy getting tagged
So about last week, we've added announcements into Bedrock, meaning that we can now finally ''announce'' things on our server. I suppose an announcement of the community talks will pop up every once in a while now as well?
It doesn't go on Java either :c
I'd say just either post it in the News subforum since that's the subforum where most people look at (those who don't check the forums very often).
Yes that could work too. But it's an event so I guess it would fit in the Events & Competition subforum too and then get featured. But idk I'll let someone else decide on that :)

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
Improvement 1: More Publicity On Different Platforms

At the moment, community talks are announced in a thread on the forums, and in a channel called community events on the discord. For the rest, a channel is also created on the discord dedicated to the community talk. This is something, but not enough. The community talk isn’t mentioned at all in the game itself. If you’re a player that doesn’t look on the discord/the forums a lot, but you do play a lot and know how things work, you won’t know about the talk, even though you could be a good addition to the talk. So, making announcements in game is a first step. Secondly, even on the discord, the publicity is not enough. Whenever there is a community talk you’ll always have people asking what’s happening. There are 2 possible solutions for this: Delete the community events channel and put the announcements for the talks in the announcements channel from now on; more people look in there. Or use the community events channel but with an @ everyone tag. (Or combine those, so in announcements channel and a tag)
I believe they should also announce it on their Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook or make a little video announcing it on youtube too
- Another way to make more people know is maybe changing the format of the "#community-Events" to make it an announcement channel so other servers can follow it
- They could also add a Message on java & bedrock (is already on bedrock based on what Finixly said) to announce it every few minutes/hours like the "Sentinel is always watching" one
Posting every Community Talk related message in #anouncement will just create a mess and I don't agree with that, however, I do think that an @EveryOne or @here should go out before starting the Community Talk to let everyone know that it's ongoing and that they can join.
I believe it will be better to tag @here because not everyone will be interested or have time for this, just my opinion

I Agree to post it on the "News" subforum so is easier to find

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom