Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
This is a repost of my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/community-talks-some-improvements.277398/ This is to be in line with the new suggestions system.

Once every while, CubeCraft hosts Community Talks. They’re great ways to have contact with the community and talk about what the community wants to happen. However, as all things, they can be improved.

Improvement 1: More Publicity On Different Platforms

At the moment, community talks are announced in a thread on the forums, and in a channel called community events on the discord. For the rest, a channel is also created on the discord dedicated to the community talk. This is something, but not enough. The community talk isn’t mentioned at all in the game itself. If you’re a player that doesn’t look on the discord/the forums a lot, but you do play a lot and know how things work, you won’t know about the talk, even though you could be a good addition to the talk. So, making announcements in game is a first step. Secondly, even on the discord, the publicity is not enough. Whenever there is a community talk you’ll always have people asking what’s happening. There are 2 possible solutions for this: Delete the community events channel and put the announcements for the talks in the announcements channel from now on; more people look in there. Or use the community events channel but with an @ everyone or @here tag. (Or combine those, so in announcements channel and a tag)

Improvement 2: On the Forums

On the forums, as mentioned before, a thread is created about the community talk. This should also be improved. The community talk threads don’t have a place where they all go. Some go in the “the lobby” subforum, some go in feedback & suggestions, some go in events & competitions and some go in the subforum of the game they’re about. That makes absolutely no sense. I’d suggest to make a subforum in the Events & Competitions part called “Community Talks”, and move every previously hosted community talk to there, and put any future ones in there as well or put them in the News subforum.

I think those suggestions would greatly improve the publicity of the community talks, more people would come, more opinions would be given and that would give a better view on what the community wants. And that’s what the community talks are all about :)

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Would be nice if Java and bedrock have different community talks too. Cause as a Java player I am not interested in the stuff about bedrock
Depends, if the talk applies to both java and bedrock then it should be one talk. But if it only applies to one it should definitely be java/bedrock specific.

• Agree
Reactions: xHappyMood

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Lack of communication in community talks

I have noticed that the last community talk had much more people in it and this suggestion would speed this up. The increased amount of players however, created some issues. Mainly a lack of communication to those who had just joined, the same questions were getting asked over and over again. This wasted time and caused some confusion.

So I suggest that the admins pin an FAQ message to the community talk and therefore players who have just joined can refer to the pinned FAQ message.​

• Agree
Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
So I suggest that the admins pin an FAQ message to the community talk and therefore players who have just joined can refer to the pinned FAQ message.
Pretty good idea, but im quite sure a lot of people won’t look at the pinned message. Still would probably be quite useful tho for the few ppl that do look at it, maybe also combine it with changing the channel description to something that includes that u can find the faq in pinned msgs

Edit: Wtf how did i click post before finishing my thumbs are too big lol

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey, HappyMood. Sorry for the long wait.

We haven't had many community talks for a while, they haven't been abandoned- we just haven't had any projects we felt required a community talk. However we strongly agree with this thread and these things will be added for the next community talk that we do which should hopefully be early next year.

- Marked as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom