Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

This will be the first Bedrock-specific community talk we do - how exciting! Our last community talks have been about damage indicators and Tower Defence, but this talk will focus on the Bedrock network in general.

We have two topics that we want to discuss in this call:
  • Bedrock Knockback
    • This has been a bit of a touchy subject as of recently, especially since bugs are cropping up.
    • We want to talk about how it works right now and ways that we want to fix it.
    • We don't want to make a change to something like knockback which every player experiences in every game of ours, then begin to complain that it's changed / different.
  • Damage Indicators
    • As development for this reaches its end, we're wanting to investigate how Bedrock players would react to damage indicators.
    • We're wanting to migrate our current progress in damage indicators from Java to Bedrock.
    • In case you missed it, take a look at our public Notion board for how damage indicators look like.
    • Is this something you'd like to see on Bedrock? - This is a question I'll be parroting a lot in the call and answering any concerns about it.
  • Any other concerns regarding Bedrock
    • I'll likely open the floor to any questions about Bedrock or any concerns you may have with the network.

This will be hosted on Friday 30th October 2020 at 6pm GMT on our Discord server. If you haven't already, join it here!

There is also a public Notion board about this call - I'll be updating this with an overview of our concerns, and what we want to do for each of these topics. The meeting notes page will be updated once we're in the call and we start discussing these points.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing your feedback on this! 💙

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 486250

Discussion: add teams of 3 for skywars and eggwars, maybe 6 teams of 3 people?

Discussion: add more variety to solos, teams of 2 and teams of 4
Why are the solo maps only for 12 people?
Why the maps of teams of 2 are only for 6 teams of 2 people
Why the maps of teams of 4 are only for 4 teams of 4 people?

Why not add 6 teams of two people, 8 teams of two people, 6 teams of 4 people?

Discussion: Are you thinking of improving the GUI of the eggwars shop? You only have to look at the nethergames bedwars shop to realize that you can do a better job, the current GUI is ugly, slow you use and not intuitive at all. (Same for skyblock shop)

Discussion: Are you planning add cubelets?

Some smthings that I think you could change but I don't know if I should make thread about it

- Put the beta games portal in the left corner, in my opinion it not makes sense that is there, lucky blocks and beta games should change places

- In eggwars and skyblock shop you have suport for enter key and arrows keys, but not for backspace key, if you do not think to change the GUI at least add this to make it easier to use, or put another back button on top, so we don't have to leave the shop every time we want to buy another thing

Reactions: joadik
D

Deleted member 486250

Another thing, in lucky islands (crazy mode) there is a find the treasure event and you get de coords in the chat but... you cant activate the coords lol

Reactions: joadik and Conea64

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
epic.

I do hope that the kb will be a good/beneficial change.
But I hope that the 'rAnDoMiSeD kB' will be gone.

Spyder981

Oct 7, 2020
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

This will be the first Bedrock-specific community talk we do - how exciting! Our last community talks have been about damage indicators and Tower Defence, but this talk will focus on the Bedrock network in general.

We have two topics that we want to discuss in this call:
  • Bedrock Knockback
    • This has been a bit of a touchy subject as of recently, especially since bugs are cropping up.
    • We want to talk about how it works right now and ways that we want to fix it.
    • We don't want to make a change to something like knockback which every player experiences in every game of ours, then begin to complain that it's changed / different.
  • Damage Indicators
    • As development for this reaches its end, we're wanting to investigate how Bedrock players would react to damage indicators.
    • We're wanting to migrate our current progress in damage indicators from Java to Bedrock.
    • In case you missed it, take a look at our public Notion board for how damage indicators look like.
    • Is this something you'd like to see on Bedrock? - This is a question I'll be parroting a lot in the call and answering any concerns about it.
  • Any other concerns regarding Bedrock
    • I'll likely open the floor to any questions about Bedrock or any concerns you may have with the network.

This will be hosted on Friday 30th October 2020 at 6pm BST on our Discord server. If you haven't already, join it here!

There is also a public Notion board about this call - I'll be updating this with an overview of our concerns, and what we want to do for each of these topics. The meeting notes page will be updated once we're in the call and we start discussing these points.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing your feedback on this! 💙

if you want to change knockback or damage indicators, change minecraft bedrock edition

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
if you want to change knockback or damage indicators, change minecraft bedrock edition
I mean, most things on servers aren't the same as base minecraft bedrock; pvp will be different, kb will be different, and even physics will be different. I can't wait for this discussion, as many things about the bedrock servers will be discussed and explained.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I've asked @RelatedNoobs (and some other) if he could ask this in the talk sorry if you would read this or see this multiple times.
Because unfortunately i can not make it on the given date

---------------------------------

KnockBack -
The current KB System works against players, it ruins bridge fights in many ways. For Example, I can be running across a bridge but on the bridge I am walking/running on the far right side of the block If a player is in front of me and the are to my left slightly but i am looking directly forwards at the edge of there hit-box there player will fly to the left. I don't have to look anywhere near the left at all.

This type of knockback also gets some people stuck in corners. for example if this one person is sitting in a corner just swinging and you jump inside of them and look the opposite direction of the corner that player will not fly out of it and will only take damage and upwards KB this is broken and unfair. (most mobile players back up into corners but i can never knock them out of it)

This KB Also sucks for Killaura hackers, I can never get close to them I'm always getting hit away from them no matter what way they are facing

This also sucks for laggy players, I can run through somebody but since they are lagging I get hit "away" from them and not "towards" them (If they are facing south and I'm running north, but I get flung towards the north even though they are looking south). And this risks myself and others getting launched off the map if its close to an edge.

1.9 Knockback To be honest the knockback being in 1.9 is kind of dumb. The knockback should work with the PvP system. Example CubeCraft already has a hit delay, I really like this hit delay it makes the server for obvious reasons (Macros and Killaura).

The 1.9 Knockback is unneeded there is no indication on when I'm supposed to hit someone to deal more KB like Java edition. The PvP is mostly like 1.8 and the healing is in 1.9 AND THE HEALING is great, it's very nice and is honestly a great addition. This makes games faster (Because anyone can eat a piece of steak and run into a fight again, besides running away for 2 minutes to heal more hearts)

The 1.9 Knockback feels unneeded but the amount of KB that is dealt when you swing fast is fine, but when a player swings slow that large amount of kb feels unfair (2 blocks of KB if a player is standing still compared to 4)

Fall Damage Knockback

I believe this is caused by lag. But it is also bad like the first point its based on where the player is after impact

If a player where to lag and then jump, the player may take the delayed KB and jump up 2+ blocks high in the air

If a players Center of hit box is offset to the left a bit and is on a bridge the player may be in high risk of falling off the bridge because the kb pushes them in a direction towards the void

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
About Knockback I would like to see a side server where you can test knockback presumably with mobs/bots/players (like a duels mode). I think the side server should only be accessible to VIP's so hackers can't ruin tests.

Reactions: TheAcrobat

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
It was a good talk, to everyone who joined in the call.

If anyone missed the call heres what happened

× Theres a poll for how kb should work
× I'm pretty sure damage indicators are added within 10 block radius, you have to take damage and eggs and snowballs arent considered damage
× Among Slimes for bedrock - They have no clue how to add the task GUI :banter:

@Younisco I saw a thread saying that they could test kb with the same people who beta test forums, and that they could test the kb somewhere and I think it's a good idea. Haven gice done 🍭

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom