Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see cosmetic skins in colony control?

• Total voters

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Colony Control is a game that is loved by a large part of the community so i would like to suggest that unlockable cosmetic skins (either from cubelets or bought with points) are added to the game!

Example i was thinking of (Tropical Miner Guild Skin):
2020-12-06_15.13.49 copy.png

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think this would be rather confusing for players and they wouldn't be able to easily identify which buildings are what, the current buildings have very unique designs and they stand out from one another, trying to keep this cohesion whilst having multiple different aesthetics is nearly impossible.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I think this would be rather confusing for players and they wouldn't be able to easily identify which buildings are what, the current buildings have very unique designs and they stand out from one another, trying to keep this cohesion whilst having multiple different aesthetics is nearly impossible.
true, but every building has an npc with its name, and specific elements like the mine has the cave thing. So if a skinned mine also has the same cave thing it would be pretty easy to find out which one is which.

Reactions: Pyups🎄

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
true, but every building has an npc with its name, and specific elements like the mine has the cave thing. So if a skinned mine also has the same cave thing it would be pretty easy to find out which one is which.
If you can show something visually without using text then we should, it makes everything easier to use. Also you can't see the text from a certain distance away, so if I enter an enemies area then I can identify a specific building from very far away and choose to attack it.

Reactions: Quis and Pyups🎄

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
This is a cool idea, but one issue I see is with the compositions of the buildings. Certain cosmetic packs may have blocks that take more or less time to break than the current designs, and players could get an advantage by selecting certain skins that have harder to break structures. Using your design an example, the time to break sandstone is 33% longer than the packed ice which is the best block to break on the current build. I don't think this type of objective advantage is something people would want to be unlockable via cubelet, and there may be other issues in regards to which player's cosmetic your team gets.

Even if cosmetics were designed with balancing in mind, it would substantially limit the possibilities for the designs of buildings, and the types of skins that would be available.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
If you can show something visually without using text then we should, it makes everything easier to use. Also you can't see the text from a certain distance away, so if I enter an enemies area then I can identify a specific building from very far away and choose to attack it.
I feel like you could keep the structure of the buildings the same and just add different blocks like sand, sandstone, etc. it

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
Would the same shape but different blocks work better?

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom