Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
I understand the Staff team is very busy. Many staff members take many hours of their day to help keep this community a brighter place. However, one of the problems I have with this is that sometimes the staff act like they are "too busy."

*NOTE* - I am sorry if this seems harsher than it is supposed to be. It just bugs me a lot.

So on the helper application, I believe it says that you have to be a good community member all around. It also states that you should be a good example to the community. I talk with a few staff members ( no names listed ), and they say there is nothing special about being a staff member, that we are all the same members and friends. They have no "bigger status" then when they had stone rank. Getting back to "we are all friends", how come 75% of staff members don't reply to someone saying "Hello Mod?" Not only that, but staff members are also flying around in lobbies. I can count out 25 times plus of that happening in the last WEEK. I don't know about you, but that seems kind of disrespectful in a way. Now, on the other hand, if the staff member has been AFK for a while, I can see that happening. But what do you think when you see someone with stone rank, in a lobby with 3 staff members, and says "Hi staff," and none of them reply.

If we want to grow as a strong community, at least say "Hi" back, or if you want to get creative, maybe you can throw in a "How are you today?". Being honest, it feels like I'm being ripped off. Be friendly.

Godbless - CamBam300

P.S. You know if you're guilty or not, I will not list out names. Plus, this doesn't apply to just staff members.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Well to be fair if I were staff, I probably wouldn’t say hi to people who say “hi staff” because that’s just annoying as hell.

However, if someone says “Hi Deeds! How are you doing today?” Then I would definitely say something.
Same with “Hi Deeds”. It’s just common manners.

However I completely agree with you. This is something that has been bugging me for a while, because it’s just disrespectful in a way. I mean, if you call flying around in a lobby “busy” then you’ve got some issues man. I get if they are AFK, but I mean really. You’re not busy if you’re playing Minecraft.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
For me personally I try my hardest to say hai to everyone I can and answer questions, unless I am afk, or mindlessly walking on MC while having a serious conversation with someone. I do agree, as this does help the moderators bond with the community more, but would prefer if they would say “hi” or “hi Animal” instead of just “hi mod”. Either way, I respond when I can and as much as I can, with the times when I hop in a lobby and just say “Hai all <3”. That being said, sometimes I can not answer in global chat as I am being spammed in private messages to the point that I don’t even see global chat messages or am in game and would prefer my rank to be less known so that I can either catch rulebreakers or prevent being targetted. As for the other staff, I know that they all do their best to respond as much as they can and whenever they can. I can understand your frustration, but try to understand that we get spammed on the daily, meaning chat goes by quickly for us, in turn making it a tad more difficult to respond to every single person. I apologise if I have missed some of your hellos, as I never intend to ignore the community. I love all of you and care about what you have to say and how you feel, also meaning I do care about your opinions as well. I know this goes for the other staff too. Hope to see you all in the server and feel free to say hi or privately say hi to me as I have that set up to ding when I get a private message. ^-^

D

Deleted member 169486

For me personally I try my hardest to say hai to everyone I can and answer questions,
I haven't seen you many times, but the few I have you seem to answer most question/reply to people. The same can not be said for a couple staff, or they keep messaging/answering other people and completely ignore someone saying hello.

but would prefer if they would say “hi” or “hi Animal” instead of just “hi mod”.
This.

Reactions: Lilleh__

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Just to ask, is this thread only about not saying “Hi” to a player? You don’t know how busy they are because you don’t know their life behind the scenes.

A

A pigeon

I respond to absolutely everyone that says "Hi lezappen"
And I answer as many questions as I can, but being in 3-5 conversations at a time sometimes, it can happen that I skip a few questions that can otherwise be answered by other community members.
You’re always serious though

BigGamingWolf

Feb 6, 2016
in your closet
i played with a couple of mods already, and being in a party with them can be boring because they sometimes really have to do a lot of stuff to help the community. And to be fair. If i where a mod, I'd probably not say 'hi' to everyone screaming my name. Sometimes, when i'm the only ranked person in a lobby, people are spamming me with party invites. So I can see why mods somtimes not react.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
Just to ask, is this thread only about not saying “Hi” to a player? You don’t know how busy they are because you don’t know their life behind the scenes.
I'm just saying, I've seen some staff flying around in lobbies, and someone says "hi (staff name)" and none of them respond. As of what @AnimalTamer1 said earlier, I totally understand if you are completely busy to the point you can't see chat. As a member, it looks a little different from a staff member's point of view. On a totally unrelated note, I just got my 63 trophies from this thread. Thank you all for reading!! <3

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I'd like to think most of the staff/management team are friendly to our players. But I do recognise that answering things like "What rank do you have?" constantly can get quite tedious, it's also a question easily answered by just saying Hello and seeing the rank in the response. Other times it can be difficult to know how to respond, for instance someone saying "Quetzi?" isn't actually a question, neither is "Quetzi". No response doesn't always mean that someone is ignoring you either, I'll frequently tab out to another application to take care of something then just forget Minecraft is still open in the background.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I do have to agree with you @CamBam300 , I have seen a few staff members who were just talking to the others in global chat and when someone says "Hi (name of the staff member)" he will not get any reply from the staff member and they will just go further with the conversation they had with the other staff member. I do understand that talking in global chat will spoil your rank and you will get spammed by some people but this does not mean that you can't just say "Hello All" or "Hello guys" , this are just 2words but it will make people their days. You don't even need to say anything else just a single word can make some happy. I have not only seen this issue on the server but also on discord. Some staff were talking to each other and when someone asked a question or said "Hello (name)" he gets ignored by the staff member. I am not wanna sound rude but sometimes I also have some troubles by seeing an active staff member on discord talking to other people and the staff member just ignores the questions that are getting asked in #staff-help , the last problem happens a lot. Just staff members who are talking to people but just forget that their is still a staff-help channel , messages get ignored for such a long time that the community already gave them a solution to solve their problem. Just a tip to all the staff-members , I know that you're all very busy with irl stuff and cubecraft but atleast try to check #staff-help when you got the time or when you're talking to other players. This message is not to hate on you guys but just to remind you guys <3

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I respond to absolutely everyone that says "Hi lezappen"
You or your macro?

I'm sorry if I'm going harsh on you here but I despise people taking credit for something they haven't done or aren't doing. By that I mean, setting up a macro to respond to players by saying "Hi lezappen" is just worse than not saying anything at all. It just shows that you're lazy enough to not respond yourself to a player + I've seen people in the lobbies figuring out about your macro which then got a group of people to spam "Hi lezappen" to trigger it and not only does it then look bad for a staff member to be repeating the same message again and again, but it's also against the rules to spam. One thing I want to note here as well, why would you even warn a player for triggering your macro multiple times when you set it up yourself? Even if you've warned a player or multiple players jokingly, I highly doubt that the staff's tools are there to have fun with. Only reason I haven't brought this up to anyone is because it already happened months ago but now you saying that you respond to people saying "Hi lezappen" when it's not you, but a macro that you've added because you can't be asked to write a response yourself is just pathetic in my opinion. Again, I'm sorry if I'm going harsh on you here but I despise people taking credit for something they haven't done or aren't doing.

The only staff member that I've actually seen moderating at an extraordinary level is @AnimalTamer1. I wish I could say this to every staff member (Not saying that you're all bad but I wish everyone could moderate the same way).

Last edited:

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
Every staff member speaks for themselves. I will also speak for myself.
Personally, when someone says hi to me, I don’t say hi back. Simply because I know they’ll have some really annoying/stupid question, like, “What rank do you have?”, “Want to be friends?”, “Party?”. That brings me to the following point. Just like what those staff members said, there’s absolutely nothing special with us. We’re just like you. We all have preferences and choices that each and every single one of us takes. But like you said, if we want a stronger community, we should all contribute a little so, I’ll try my best to reply to those that say hi.
Also, yes, we did apply for this job, but it doesn’t mean we should constantly stick to someone we’re not. And to tell you the truth, I honestly sometimes am really busy to reply or even play with at times if they ask to play. Or if that, I’m just not in the mood. I soon realized that that’s totally okay. We can’t please everyone.
This also brings me to my other point. We may be flying around in the lobby or even AFK without you guys noticing, but some of us unfortunately may be too busy to answer questions. I personally do try to answer questions at times, but I try to stay in vanish for the most part because chat can get overwhelmingly crazy to the point where you can’t control it. Think of it like a river with fish in it. We can’t catch them all. They’re always coming through.

In conclusion, we’re all different. We can’t and won’t please everyone and every person is their own person. Some of us may be nicer than other or stubborn or just dead quite because we don’t want interaction. Some of us are probably just here to do our job and blast. We are all different.
I appreciate you making this thread and bringing this situation to some of us. I’m willing to be constructive and contribute to it.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I'd like to think most of the staff/management team are friendly to our players.
Hahahaa, that's funny. I guess you don't know all the staff completely. It really isn't true at all.
Besides the point, what I want to really bring to notice is this -
You or your macro?

I'm sorry if I'm going harsh on you here but I despise people taking credit for something they haven't done or aren't doing. By that I mean, setting up a macro to respond to players by saying "Hi lezappen" is just worse than not saying anything at all. It just shows that you're lazy enough to not respond yourself to a player + I've seen people in the lobbies figuring out about your macro which then got a group of people to spam "Hi lezappen" to trigger it and not only does it then look bad for a staff member to be repeating the same message again and again, but it's also against the rules to spam. One thing I want to note here as well, why would you even warn a player for triggering your macro multiple times when you set it up yourself? Even if you've warned a player or multiple players jokingly, I highly doubt that the staff's tools are there to have fun with. Only reason I haven't brought this up to anyone is because it already happened months ago but now you saying that you respond to people saying "Hi lezappen" when it's not you, but a macro that you've added because you can't be asked to write a response yourself is just pathetic in my opinion. Again, I'm sorry if I'm going harsh on you here but I despise people taking credit for something they haven't done or aren't doing.

The only staff member that I've actually seen moderating at an extraordinary level is @AnimalTamer1. I wish I could say this to every staff member (Not saying that you're all bad but I wish everyone could moderate the same way).

This is completely factual. Completely correct. I have seen this happen and it's absolutely pathetic.
This thread is quite right to say that they always seem to act like they are too busy. I know many staff members quite personally and have spoken to them but when I was just starting off at CubeCraft, throwing a simple question in the air in the lobby with a staff member would result in no answer. Frankly, the only person I remember responding when I first started off was Alex (@HackersDontWin). People are on the server wanting to get answers from staff members and it's already been proven that if a player who doesn't have a staff rank answers the question, the player asking won't take it seriously. This has happened MANY TIMES.
I was once in a lobby with a staff member a few months ago. A player asked "where can I report," and I gave him the answer. 2 minutes later he asked again and this time he added "where can I report staff." Well.... STAFF aren't going to answer your question because they are always too busy but they spend time in lobbies anyway looking like they're there to help but they never have, never did, and never will.

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Deeds

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I find it kind of funny that 4 staff members, the most we've seen reply to a thread this month, is on simply saying Hi... Staff members must have some paparazzi feeling when they are in lobby's, people constantly spamming their name, it's not even that the people know them, just like YouTuber rank people, people may never of heard of this Japanese speaking YouTuber (no intents on being racist, just a very wierd language to understand being english) however because their name in tab is red, they get spammed the hell out of, however unlike (and sorta like, depends) YouTubers, staff members are busy too, I've talked with quite a few moderators on discord in the past and the main things they do (no surprise) is read ban/mute appeals, and look at ban/mute reports. There are what? 200 total moderators? (My guess) and there are over 20,000+ each moderator basically "governs" 100 players each, they dont have (too much) spare time to say hi to everyone. Now what would be cool is if there was a mod(ification!!!) that monitored chat and if someone says "Hi <users name>" then it would say "Hello <person that said hi name>!"

A

A pigeon

I find it kind of funny that 4 staff members, the most we've seen reply to a thread this month, is on simply saying Hi... Staff members must have some paparazzi feeling when they are in lobby's, people constantly spamming their name, it's not even that the people know them, just like YouTuber rank people, people may never of heard of this Japanese speaking YouTuber (no intents on being racist, just a very wierd language to understand being english) however because their name in tab is red, they get spammed the hell out of, however unlike (and sorta like, depends) YouTubers, staff members are busy too, I've talked with quite a few moderators on discord in the past and the main things they do (no surprise) is read ban/mute appeals, and look at ban/mute reports. There are what? 200 total moderators? (My guess) and there are over 20,000+ each moderator basically "governs" 100 players each, they dont have (too much) spare time to say hi to everyone. Now what would be cool is if there was a mod(ification!!!) that monitored chat and if someone says "Hi <users name>" then it would say "Hello <person that said hi name>!"
30 mods

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
You or your macro?

Just saying, not like I'm a bot, more people say hello to sentinel than to me, the spam was ages ago, I've since then made the responses a lot more natural, I've also set it up to respond to the most common questions, now everyone I meet doesn't know that what they are getting is a programmed response, when I afk I disable it and go in vanish. I've never warned players jokingly, spamming three times in chat "hi lezappen" in an attempt to get a response from me (when it was turned off) is considered spam (any message said more than twice).
Yes players have had entire conversations now with me without realizing that they are programmed responses, when a player asks a mod "how do I get mod?" and the mod messages them two seconds later "you can get mod after successfully applying for staff on the forums", they don't question it, and saves me from writing the same response 1999999 times a day, and I prefer that option to completely ignoring people. It isn't that I "can't be asked" and certainly isn't "pathetic" just because I save myself a bit of time replying, I still reply, and show people that I am there for them to answer their questions and that is what is important.
Most players don't follow up after that but if they do I always make sure to reply, I've even had a little sound notification for when someone pms/mentions me in chat for over a year now, way before the chat update so I've always been there for people...
TLDR: I respond hi, if people follow up I do reply, I'm there for people and however unethical it may seem to be, at least I answer to everyone in chat and everyone who asks me gets their questions answered.
"I despise people taking credit for something they haven't done or aren't doing." I put a lot of work in getting it right, there were some bad times but it paid off.
I update my scripts on a daily basis always improving them + I haven't seen you in a lobby if not once since march.
I appreciate your concern over the ethical reasons, but right now, no one is triggering it and the fact that it is there goes unnoticed + once past the salutations I'm there to answer their follow up question if they have any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom