Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Can you give an extra addition that it has been reported by someone else, on the reports website.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello Everybody! :)

I'm not going to talk about sentinel today and how that should be improved. I'm going to talk about the closed reports that are right. Usually when I see a hacker who is rightly hacking I report with a video. But when I check if the report is closed, I think of myself, how? Then I go look at the appeal of that person but then I see that is report by someone else and that the person is banned by staff, which is ok. But then I get the closed report which is kind of wrong. So my question is... If the report is accepted by a person, can't you give an extra addition that it has been reported by someone else, on the reports website? Like 'Someone Else', or maybe a other sign that you can see that staff reported that person with an other video?

Let me know, it would be very useful to have that information of you. :)

For the rest, have a nice day and make the best of it. :)

Edit: I checked the person his appeals when it was closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zerynn

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I remember this suggestion from a while ago: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/partially-accepted-reports.225345/.
The ''partially accepted'' tag would be a good solution for this.
I personally don't mind if something like this gets implemented, as you said, this information is usually shown when you click on the report. And all that matters is that the rule breaker gets punished, I don't really mind if I get the red ''closed'' tag when the player has already been punished because of someone else's report or Sentinel.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Well, if the player didn't get banned because of you, why should you get the "rewards" for it?
The amount of accepted reports is just a number, nothing to flex with, the only thing I see it being important in is in Helper Applications, but in those guidelines, they never say anything about closed reports and how they could possibly affect your chances of being accepted.
This is why I don't really get this part:
which is kind of wrong.
How is it wrong or unfair?

I further see no need in "partially accepted" tags, because they add virtually nothing to your "score" in reported hackers or a helper application. They'd just create a form of reward that isn't there or shouldn't be there in the first place, which is something I actually do think is unfair.

Reactions: DrHam and S4nne

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Well, if the player didn't get banned because of you, why should you get the "rewards" for it?
The amount of accepted reports is just a number, nothing to flex with, the only thing I see it being important in is in Helper Applications, but in those guidelines, they never say anything about closed reports and how they could possibly affect your chances of being accepted.
This is why I don't really get this part:

How is it wrong or unfair?

I further see no need in "partially accepted" tags, because they add virtually nothing to your "score" in reported hackers or a helper application. They'd just create a form of reward that isn't there or shouldn't be there in the first place, which is something I actually do think is unfair.
It is also not unfair, only you do not really get the information that you need, what I mean with closed, if you know what I mean.

It will not be so handy if I still respond to that, but I can still get information from it, I think.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
It is also not unfair, only you do not really get the information that you need, what I mean with closed, if you know what I mean.
But you do?
upload_2020-2-28_21-39-47.png

Reactions: Zathelas

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
All my reports get closed because a staff member or sentinel, and I don't find any other reports. I cant do any report

D

Deleted member 469419

Hacking/Teaming reports, is rare that been accepted in the web, this is because in-game as you all are aware, exist /report command + Sentinel (in case of hacking)

I recommend you, when you're in game, don't record. Use /report.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
This has been suggested many times before. But I kinda disagree with this. If we’d have to (partly) accept the report than that would require staff members watching the evidence again. Because if you report someone with a never gonna give you up video and put a random name on the report, than we can’t accept that as evidence for the reported member. So this takes us more time to check the report site, while we could’ve moved over to do /reports. Which is why I disagree.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
This has been suggested many times before. But I kinda disagree with this. If we’d have to (partly) accept the report than that would require staff members watching the evidence again. Because if you report someone with a never gonna give you up video and put a random name on the report, than we can’t accept that as evidence for the reported member. So this takes us more time to check the report site, while we could’ve moved over to do /reports. Which is why I disagree.
It is actually true en I understand what you saying. If like 3 people reported that person and that person get banned by sentinel, it would be understandable. So thank you about your opinion. :)

Lord Cringey

Novice Member
Dec 5, 2019
Somewhere
Did you know your report can get denied if you don't show all four sides of the screen. I took a picture of my switch because this guy had an inappropriate skin but they denied it because all four sides of the screen were not seen.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Did you know your report can get denied if you don't show all four sides of the screen. I took a picture of my switch because this guy had an inappropriate skin but they denied it because all four sides of the screen were not seen.
Yes that is because we want to check if players do not use illegal clients. But this a bit off topic so please don’t discuss it any further in this thread! :)

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Ow wauw, thank you about that :), I didn't know.

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I dont know if you know this but Im the person with most reports on the forum and I really dont think this should be added. Im very angry to see a "Closed" in my reports when I've spent time reporting but I see good the Handled, Closed and Open system.

Thank you for using the report site!

Crispee_

Apr 28, 2017
It could have a public poll to bring a thread or a report back to its original function and reopen the report. This could improve the server's way of doing justful work and consider the other player's opinion.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
You shouldn’t be angry about seeing closed on what would’ve been an acceptable report. The player has already been punished, and while it may not have been your report that did the job, your report still counts in a different way. It shows how active you are as a player and the staff recognizes that. Sure you won’t get “extra points” for a closed report, but the most important thing is that the player has been punished appropriately.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom