Fly☆Guy

Novice Member
Sep 26, 2021
6 feet under
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!

Out of the people who see this post who knew that camping was a punishable offence?
Since its forums the chances are slightly higher that you know but still I would say the majority of people don't.
If the camping rule was made clearer I think it would make many games run a lot smoother and stop many warnings and temp bans.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
The camping rule doesn't mean you can't block yourself in to eat or anything, it is to prevent people purposefully getting into almost impossible to reach places (like bridging as far away and high in eggwars with a bow).

I understand in-game it isn't super clarified, but in the punishment track the first punishment is a warning, which clarifies things for the player before any ban is issued.

Fly☆Guy

Novice Member
Sep 26, 2021
6 feet under
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The camping rule doesn't mean you can't block yourself in to eat or anything, it is to prevent people purposefully getting into almost impossible to reach places (like bridging as far away and high in eggwars with a bow).

I understand in-game it isn't super clarified, but in the punishment track the first punishment is a warning, which clarifies things for the player before any ban is issued.
ik but i see skybasers and underbasers like every 3rd game and its just way to common for it to be commonly known in the general community

Reactions: Reesle and pekd

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
ik but i see skybasers and underbasers like every 3rd game and its just way to common for it to be commonly known in the general community
That is due to most of them being very young, and not all that aware of these rules.

As I said, in most cases a warning appearing in their chat will be enough to let them know that it is not allowed, and stop them from doing it again :d

c2crrazy

Mar 6, 2023
Hi!

Out of the people who see this post who knew that camping was a punishable offence?
Since its forums the chances are slightly higher that you know but still I would say the majority of people don't.
If the camping rule was made clearer I think it would make many games run a lot smoother and stop many warnings and temp bans.
I never knew that i know in duels when im trying to grind wins i will play against someone and they would accept the rematch everytime just to camp above the map or under the map and i cant find them so it waste about 2-5 mins of me playing and grinding win when it usually takes me 30 seconds - 1 minute a game to win

pekd

i think there are 3 very simple solutions: either make a /rules command (or does that alredy exist? never tried it), add "camping" to /sr or a chat popup saying "skybasing/camping is punishable/bannable/not allowed", similar to the cross-teaming warning. camping is a very annoying thing to deal with, especially in skywars where you only have one try to kill the camper, and it can very much ruin all the fun if you get 10 kills just to die to some kid who towered up and spammed projectiles.
since only very few people know about this rule, the chances of someone getting punished for skybasing are also very low. shure, the ones that have been punished now wont do it anymore, but what about the other 99%? ofc i could report them everytime but if i did that, i would have to spend more time creating forum reports than actually playing

Muhh

Muhderator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 27, 2020
Saarland
I actually didn't know that was punishable, I see players doing that in almost every single Skywars game. I feel like the easiest solution for this would be something like you start losing health after a specific amount of time if you were under the island or above the island

Reactions: Fly☆Guy

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I actually didn't know that was punishable, I see players doing that in almost every single Skywars game. I feel like the easiest solution for this would be something like you start losing health after a specific amount of time if you were under the island or above the island
:unsure:

Feb 4, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him

So would hiding under the map in an unreachable place that you have to build to and can’t reach / shoot at with a bow from above count as camping?

Reactions: Wildd
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy bday
@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom