• no

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
so this morning there was a little bit of a conflict involving this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...o-see-in-an-update.258531/page-2#post-1242433

and what is shows is that this rule needs to be clarified. There are a few issues,
1) Timezones, because of timezones for some people the gap between posts might be 20 days, and for others it could be 21.
2) The rule itself isn't very clear, should a thread be locked if there are 21 days between posts, or is that still allowed.
basically we need a lot of clarification because i have seen a lot of issues regarding this rule because its so vague.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Keanu already said it but I’ll say why I support it. I was part of the conversation when this happened and there was a lot of discussion about the thread. A simple resolution for this would to be to clarify this rule more so that this can’t happen again. I agree fully! +1

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
100% I feel awful about everything that's happened today and will try to only post ones that would be 100% (which I honestly thought it was 22 days but it turns out I can't count
Yeah it’s weird I looked at it and in California it’s 21 days and I was like waaaaa

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah it’s weird I looked at it and in California it’s 21 days and I was like waaaaa
It got that bad that one of the threads I posted on got the same mark. Upon doing some homework on my own, I noticed that this was inconsistent with what Easteyy replied sometime (see #staff-help on CCG's Discord) last month with a similar case where the time between replies was only 20 days (thus it wasn't a necropost). I had to pull up a calculator to find the number of days between just to prove my case.

I even wrote that timezone does NOT influence the elapsed time between replies. I triple checked the days between in my local timezone, server timezone, and Australia timezone for the worst case. All three timezones pulled up 19-20 days, not 21+.

The rule should be rewritten so that it's older than 21 days, i.e. older than exactly 504 hours. There's also a feature that can warn users about necroposting, this version working for XenForo 2.X+ as this forums uses XenForo 2.X+. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/mmo-old-thread-warning.7735/

For reference, this was another thread that I posted in that got the false necropost warning. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/who-are-the-best-players-ever-to-be-on-ccg.262463/#post-1228296

Reactions: wxzzrd and ItzEnd3r

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i never knew this rule until a staff told me not to, i think there should be something like a warning about necroposting and maybe even make it so its fine on the bigger posts. i've seen many great suggestions, but sadly from a long time ago, it would be nice to be able to reply to them without necroposting

Reactions: wxzzrd
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom