Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
A few days ago, I started to notice that the knockback is different. It was so much better in my opinion but some people disagree. Today, the knockback got reverted which I disagree with. Before I talk about what I want to change in the knockback system, I'll list the advantages and disadvantages of both knockback systems.

Advantages of old knockback:
  • Easy to pick up on, doesn’t need a lot of practice
  • Doesn’t favor people with high cps or low ping; balanced for everyone
  • Allows you to land critical hits and strafe easier
  • Faster paced fights
  • Easier to win 2v1s
Disadvantage of old knockback: Can be difficult to knock people off, especially stacked players

Advantages of current knockback:
  • Easier to knock off stacked players
  • Satisfying combos
Disadvantages of current knockback:
  • Harder for new players to get used to
  • Favors players with high CPS and low ping and not people who can strafe, makes it difficult to fight back when comboed
  • Makes landing crits not worth it (and difficult) due to the vertical knockback
  • Slower paced fights (depending on the person)
  • Makes it harder to win fights if 2 or more people are fighting you, same for escaping
  • Harder to beat hackers
What I would like to see changed:
  • Increase horizontal knockback by a bit
  • Decrease vertical knockback by a bit, but make it possible to still combo
The reason I would like to see those changes is to create a balance in the PvP mechanics that will appeal to both sides of the community who prefer the old and the new knockback. If executed correctly, there will be more ways to fight the enemy and not just combo them, like strafing will be made easier, crits will be easier to land and not worthless, and combos will be way more satisfying in my opinion and will make it easier to knock off a stacked player, as well as speeding up games.

Do you agree? If you have different solutions, comment them below

Edit: What knockback used to look like a few days ago
Edit 2: I would like to see a knockback test for this to get more feedback, since not everyone experienced this kind of knockback shown in the video through the hyperlink

Last edited:

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
A few days ago, I started to notice that the knockback is different. It was so much better in my opinion but some people disagree. Today, the knockback got reverted which I disagree with. Before I talk about what I want to change in the knockback system, I'll list the advantages and disadvantages of both knockback systems.

Advantage of old knockback:
  • Faster paced fights
  • Easier to win 2v1s
Disadvantage of old knockback: Can be difficult to knock people off, especially stacked players

• Satisfying combos
  • Favors players with high CPS and low ping and not people who can strafe, makes it difficult to fight back when comboed
  • Makes landing crits not worth it (and difficult) due to the vertical knockback
  • Makes it harder to win fights if 2 or more people are fighting you, same for escaping
The reason I would like to see those changes is to create a balance in the PvP mechanics that will appeal to both sides of the community who prefer the old and the new knockback. If executed correctly, there will be more ways to fight the enemy and not just combo them, like strafing will be made easier, crits will be easier to land and not worthless, and combos will be way more satisfying in my opinion and will make it easier to knock off a stacked player, as well as speeding up games.

Edit: What knockback used to look like
bruh the current kb isn't that awful. I've been practicing to get used to it for probably around 9 months.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I don’t quite understand. I don’t remember the knockback being tweaked recently?

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Easy fix if the CubeCraft dev team can admit to a bug and a mistake by fixing DOWNWARDS KNOCKBACK

That STILL exists and STILL ruins the current KB.
Satisfying combos
No, they aren't satisfying it requires no skill to combo and it happens at random

makes it difficult to fight back when comboed
Especially for high ping because you have to run away earlier get hit more because of it ending up in you dying off the edge or by the sword.
So original KB

The thing is if they did this, the KB would suck players into the ground again

BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, They changed nothing but the number variables!

Surprising... Cubecraft doing the BARE minimum to fix something to please the blind folded community....
On knockback test 2, there was 0 vertical knockback and people were sliding after every hit. Didn’t like it
That's because of Downwards KB that they can fix but won't because it's too hard for them to do apparently... Even though the fixed it for Fire and Potions? And their excuse is "It's a java feature" But with fire and potions it DOES THE SAME EXACT THING ON JAVA. But when it involves Fall damage or a player swing? NAHHH THAT'S A FEATURE UNLIKE THE FIRE!

Reactions: Landon AWESOME9
Apr 20, 2021
I agree with you with the suggested changes for the knockback. Like what you said, I was surprised when the knockback got changed and started playing a lot, that is until got reverted. I'm like why take away all the fun?

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

• Faster paced fights
  • Easier to win 2v1s

• Satisfying combos
  • Harder to beat hackers

The "new" knockback is good right now, I don't think it need changes.
So: :disagree:

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020

• Faster paced fights
  • Easier to win 2v1s

• Satisfying combos
  • Harder to beat hackers

I did feel a difference in the kb a few days ago, that it was somehow cleaner and easier to combo, but it also felt that I was getting insane ping reach. Personally I didnt have a problem with the original kb. The kb present a few days ago did feel better than the usual one.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I know that not everyone experienced the knockback I was talking about shown in the video, so I edited OP to suggest a knockback test for that kind of knockback

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020

• Faster paced fights
  • Easier to win 2v1s

• Satisfying combos
  • Harder to beat hackers

Edit: What knockback used to look like a few days ago
Edit 2: I would like to see a knockback test for this to get more feedback, since not everyone experienced this kind of knockback shown in the video through the hyperlink
Completely agree besides the fact that the ping is balanced. I have 250 ping and it is definitely not balanced. I don't have bad wifi, just live in Australia so I take slightly delayed kb and have no hit reg, which is my point I'm coming too. When ever I'm in trades with players under about 180 ping, they out hit me purely because of how terrible my hit reg is. The new KB that offered less horizontal KB offered nothing in favour of high ping good internet players as myself, but rather made the KB more tradier and hit reg based. The old KB isn't much better but it is. Otherwise, a great post :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom