Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

YawnnTeddy

Novice Member
Mar 28, 2020
To protect the privacy and rights of the people reporting a hacker, I want to suggest that Cubecraft stop sending the hackers url link to the video evidence submitted by a reporter(s) and instead just let them know the reason. I stopped going on Cubecraft server because I found out that report procedures did not protect reporters. Thanks! Much earlier, I submitted another thread in the Player Safety subforum regarding this, and I wish that my suggestion can be implemented, so I hoped to spread the word to let more players know about this. (edited: a word)

Last edited:

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Unfortunately, we probably won't stop sharing the evidence with the rulebreaker themselves, because we do it for a good reason. Multiple, actually. While the reporters may risk their usernames to be exposed to rulebreakers, we need to be able to show the rulebreakers what exactly they did wrong.

If they can't know what for (Exact reason, evidence, etc) they were punished exactly, we would probably get lots of complaints, first of all. It also would prevent a number of rulebreakers/users from evaluating themselves: Learning what is against the rules and what not. While others may not consider changing, and still keep on breaking rules, others actually do want to learn from their mistakes (and the punishments they got because of it).

They wouldn't be able to know what they said or did wrong. But there's also a more important reason. We, moderation staff members, sometimes have to look up a player's punishments history to execute certain things such as punishments regarding more reports, and look at how they've behaved in the past to judge for moderation purposes by using these links to the evidence. If we can't find what exactly they said wrong, we would have look back all the way and ask other staff members. And I'm certain no one would save those links to all the past reports evidence that have been handled, so it would be impossible to know what they said.

It's also useful when appealing for both the staff member who executed the punishment and the rulebreaker who was punished.

I genuinely wish there was a proper way for us to prevent the risk of user(name)s getting exposed in the evidence, to prevent the rulebreakers from contacting their reporters and harrassing them, but unfortunately it would only make things explicitly difficult for us to properly punish rulebreakers and attach the corresponding evidence. The current system we have is perfectly fine in my opinion. You can decide whether you want to report users or not, so if you don't want your username to be leaked, it's your decision whether you want to report the users or not. And if it is regarding a physical offence, if you have a rank on Java, you can do /report.

YawnnTeddy

Novice Member
Mar 28, 2020
Hmm, thanks for explaining this Hoshi! I think I'm comfortable to continue reports after your explanation. If there's any harassment I can't stop (like severe harassment), then I'll just switch to another server for the month until things die down. Nope, I'm on Bedrock and haven't seen anyone with a rank on here yet. Cheers and happy moderating!~

YawnnTeddy

Novice Member
Mar 28, 2020
I couldn't find a thread about how to effectively catch hackers+gather evidence+the suspicious behaviour that alerts any rule-abiding player, so this is my bit.

If you are a frequent reporter of hackers, well done! :) Although, please keep your silence as to how you sit in wait to get video evidence of hackers lol(so we can continue to get the evidence and not alert them.) I'm trying to highlight encounters/factors that make me and others realize someone is cheating, as well as any surprises I've had.

How to record evidence on Windows 10? Available commands are (2).
(A) Ctrl+Shift+G -> record previous 15 or 30s (Adjust/Enable in ‘Captures’ settings on Windows 10)
(B) Ctrl+Shift+R -> start/stop a game recording (where possible, add timestamps in the report description)

Encounters with hackers by me/signs of suspicious activity:
a. diamond or enchanted armour/tools/sword during before game starts or before opening chests
b. they start flying when the game begins
c. the system announcement of a single person killing many players in a game
d. gamertag is really hard to remember/rewrite
e. killed me in 1 or 2 hits or with 1 hit KO arrows
f. floating/flying in-game/lobby/waiting area and shooting flaming/enchanted arrows
h. speed hacks duh
i. When people talk in-game about teaming or when they team up and chase other players in games which teaming isn't allowed
j. After one person killed me, they ran back to the middle to get their friends to follow them to get items. No chats exchanged in-game (probably in voice chat, teaming in a game that disallows it).
k. After I defeated someone, they chat in a language that is not English/a language I know. Found out later it was Dutch and telling their friend/team to hurry to the middle where the survivors are. (need video evidence from when they start chatting already.)
l. their attacking hand swing is weird/does not even swing
m. they have 'reach' (I've suffered damage outside of set reachable distance when they swing their sword)
n. Kill aura (auto damage if you get near the suspected player)
o. running on water
p. I see their gamertag/player from a distance moving at high speeds across the map

My solutions:
1. If you suspect someone of cheating after they kill you, just stay in the game and start recording video proof of their hacks.
2. Most games, I've already started recording/prepared to record.
3. I will submit multiple videos if I have to, especially if I missed the chance to start recording by being surprised by an attack or multiple attacks(teaming).
4. If your record command for Ctrl+Shift+G is set to: "previous -- seconds of the game" just 15 seconds, it may miss out on capturing a long drawn out battle. I've worked around that and settled for submitting multiple video proofs.
5. I gave up on a fight to record "previous -- seconds of the game" that had clear evidence of hack activity.
6. Usually, I submit evidence after catching a few hackers and not just after getting proof of just the one.
7. If anyone chats in-game I usually start recording, if I die early I just start following players and recording too. This is for reference later if I need to translate what they say in-game to know if they were cheating/teaming.
8. It is fastest to upload evidence (since I'm used to it) by setting to "record the previous 15 seconds"
9. Still, I recommend the setting to be 30 seconds. There's much more flexibility in this setting and I keep myself logged onto the server as I'm uploading my reports if I want to continue playing.

Hope this helps! If necessary, any Mod, please redirect me to the most suitable place to post this if there is. Thanks~

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
as mods said, you should probably just block them if they contact you but sometimes its funny to see what they have to say when theyre in the wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: YawnnTeddy

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think it might be a good idea. Because I've reported to Teamers/Hackers and they've gone to my video saying "I'm a very bad person" and insulting me, i.e. throwing a lot of hate at me. I think they should accept this for the safety of the player.

But also partly, I don't want them to accept this, because if they ban you for making Team or using Hacks, you have to know the reason, i.e. the video they made of you.

Because maybe they can ban you just because, but they don't have any proof. (Although I don't think the Mod's do this, but it's more for safety and to avoid problems).

Jun 17, 2020
United States
I couldn't find a thread about how to effectively catch hackers+gather evidence+the suspicious behaviour that alerts any rule-abiding player, so this is my bit.

If you are a frequent reporter of hackers, well done! :) Although, please keep your silence as to how you sit in wait to get video evidence of hackers lol(so we can continue to get the evidence and not alert them.) I'm trying to highlight encounters/factors that make me and others realize someone is cheating, as well as any surprises I've had.

How to record evidence on Windows 10? Available commands are (2).
(A) Ctrl+Shift+G -> record previous 15 or 30s (Adjust/Enable in ‘Captures’ settings on Windows 10)
(B) Ctrl+Shift+R -> start/stop a game recording (where possible, add timestamps in the report description)

Encounters with hackers by me/signs of suspicious activity:
a. diamond or enchanted armour/tools/sword during before game starts or before opening chests
b. they start flying when the game begins
c. the system announcement of a single person killing many players in a game
d. gamertag is really hard to remember/rewrite
e. killed me in 1 or 2 hits or with 1 hit KO arrows
f. floating/flying in-game/lobby/waiting area and shooting flaming/enchanted arrows
h. speed hacks duh
i. When people talk in-game about teaming or when they team up and chase other players in games which teaming isn't allowed
j. After one person killed me, they ran back to the middle to get their friends to follow them to get items. No chats exchanged in-game (probably in voice chat, teaming in a game that disallows it).
k. After I defeated someone, they chat in a language that is not English/a language I know. Found out later it was Dutch and telling their friend/team to hurry to the middle where the survivors are. (need video evidence from when they start chatting already.)
l. their attacking hand swing is weird/does not even swing
m. they have 'reach' (I've suffered damage outside of set reachable distance when they swing their sword)
n. Kill aura (auto damage if you get near the suspected player)
o. running on water
p. I see their gamertag/player from a distance moving at high speeds across the map

My solutions:
1. If you suspect someone of cheating after they kill you, just stay in the game and start recording video proof of their hacks.
2. Most games, I've already started recording/prepared to record.
3. I will submit multiple videos if I have to, especially if I missed the chance to start recording by being surprised by an attack or multiple attacks(teaming).
4. If your record command for Ctrl+Shift+G is set to: "previous -- seconds of the game" just 15 seconds, it may miss out on capturing a long drawn out battle. I've worked around that and settled for submitting multiple video proofs.
5. I gave up on a fight to record "previous -- seconds of the game" that had clear evidence of hack activity.
6. Usually, I submit evidence after catching a few hackers and not just after getting proof of just the one.
7. If anyone chats in-game I usually start recording, if I die early I just start following players and recording too. This is for reference later if I need to translate what they say in-game to know if they were cheating/teaming.
8. It is fastest to upload evidence (since I'm used to it) by setting to "record the previous 15 seconds"
9. Still, I recommend the setting to be 30 seconds. There's much more flexibility in this setting and I keep myself logged onto the server as I'm uploading my reports if I want to continue playing.

Hope this helps! If necessary, any Mod, please redirect me to the most suitable place to post this if there is. Thanks~
If you go into settings you can change the capture time to up to 3 hours, so personally i just have it to record the last 3 minutes :)

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
If someone sends hate just block them, who honestly cares, we cannot censor the internet but we can block people out if we don't wish to talk to them

Reactions: YawnnTeddy
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom