Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_Lava

Jun 16, 2021
A person should not be permanently muted unless they constantly verbally harass people in every game. Not if they lose their temper twice and it results in them telling a player to kill themself. I understand this is quite an extreme thing to say, but a permanent mute is not fair if it's only happened twice, and a player usually behaves.

A permanent punisment is not fair for one to ten instances of bad behaviour. After ten, I'd see reason in it, but a few moments where someone gets severe in their anger should not be permanently punished.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
insinuating people should commit self-harm or suicide is about the worst things you can say in chat. I'd say that saying this one time would be enough to be perm-muted. You cannot say how personal people would take that and what it could cause with someone. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that saying someone should commit suicide ten times wouldn't be enough to permmute someone. I'm sorry, but I'll gladly disagree

its_Lava

Jun 16, 2021
insinuating people should commit self-harm or suicide is about the worst things you can say in chat. I'd say that saying this one time would be enough to be perm-muted. You cannot say how personal people would take that and what it could cause with someone. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that saying someone should commit suicide ten times wouldn't be enough to permmute someone. I'm sorry, but I'll gladly disagree
I said ten times WOULD be enough to be perma muted, I'm saying 1 up until 9 times is just a few instances where a person loses their temper, more than that would count as constant verbal harassment.

And there's a difference between telling people to self harm and using the three letters people commonly use online to tell quickly with minimum effort tell someone to end their life, this would also be good to be considered for punishments for this kind of thing.

There's even a difference between telling a person to self harm and in whatever words to commit suicide, as one would mean you want the person to be in pain (which I'd say is much more problematic) and the other would be used when someone wants another person gone. (This makes sense if someone is trolling and/or taunting you, you get angry and you want them to be gone.)

• Angry
Reactions: ENDERIUM

its_Lava

Jun 16, 2021
I said ten times WOULD be enough to be perma muted, I'm saying 1 up until 9 times is just a few instances where a person loses their temper, more than that would count as constant verbal harassment.

And there's a difference between telling people to self harm and using the three letters people commonly use online to tell quickly with minimum effort tell someone to end their life, this would also be good to be considered for punishments for this kind of thing.

There's even a difference between telling a person to self harm and in whatever words to commit suicide, as one would mean you want the person to be in pain (which I'd say is much more problematic) and the other would be used when someone wants another person gone. (This makes sense if someone is trolling and/or taunting you, you get angry and you want them to be gone.)
Honestly, the real worst thing you could do is to taunt someone and berate them and then when they get mad you report them and get them muted while it was you who was being the most offensive.

• Angry
Reactions: ENDERIUM

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I disagree with this suggestion as for the reasons said above but also to add on, losing your temper is not an excuse to start yelling out threats at somebody nor are they a nice thing to say in the first place + there are many more situations you need to consider than just somebody losing their temper. We can never tell how somebody can react to such a comment as everyone is different, others may take it much more harshly compared to others which is why we shouldn't change anything regarding our threatening rule on this.

Though the only thing that doesn't get you punished for threatening is if you tell somebody to die in ingame context but any context regarding irl will get you punished.

Though us increasing the threshold anything to anything above 1 or 2 even would result in the threatening rule being fairly pointless after that point as it's there to protect those from harm and threats and besides the punishment track is already 30 days --> perm so you are already given a chance before you are perm muted (Discord and forums are the same fyi)

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
I strongly disagree with this thread.
If you threaten someone on the street, I seriously doubt the police would say 'Oh, they just lost their temper a bit, let them keep doing it!)
Suicide doesn't affect you. It's not you that misses it - you're dead. It's whoever appreciates you who misses you. Suicide is much more problematic that self-harm, as it can even in extreme cases cause a 'Ripple effect', and lead others to have serious problems with their mental and physical health. Self-harm, yes, is very problematic, even more so, especially, if someone has heavily taunted you to do it. But self harm is also usually fixable, if you did not commit suicide, as you can attempt to physically recover through, for example, a hospital surgery.
(This makes sense if someone is trolling and/or taunting you, you get angry and you want them to be gone.)
This is why trolling can be bannable, if it somehow leads to this imaginary horrific case of you wishing someone to be gone. One thing can lead to another.
a few moments where someone gets severe in their anger should not be permanently punished.
A few moments where someone gets severe in their anger can lead, potentially, to a matter of life and death in the real world, and slightly so in the online world.

I know I have been talking on for a while about quite a depressing and upsetting subject, but I feel very deeply about this matter.
On that note, thank you for reading, and have a great day!

~Burnt

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
A person should not be permanently muted unless they constantly verbally harass people in every game. Not if they lose their temper twice and it results in them telling a player to kill themself. I understand this is quite an extreme thing to say, but a permanent mute is not fair if it's only happened twice, and a player usually behaves.

A permanent punisment is not fair for one to ten instances of bad behaviour. After ten, I'd see reason in it, but a few moments where someone gets severe in their anger should not be permanently punished.
hi! personally i strongly disagree. as one reply stated above, you will not be able to tell how well or personal a player will take “go kys. a player with anxiety for example may take very slight things to larger overcomplicated thoughts that sit around and eventually cause harm and distress to them. you should never be allowed to say to somebody to kill themselves, you will not know what triggers who. for example, somebody has severe anger and tells somebody to kill themselvesbut the person told was a person suffering from severe anxiety and moderate depression. think about how it would affect that person, emotionally knowing somebody is very upset at them will sit in their mind and spiral into larger and more complex thoughts of “what if they hate me?” “why does everybody not like me?” “im a horrible person” that may ultimately lead into something physical. severe anger should not be an excuse to get away with potentially leaving somebody’s mental health at risk. “sToP bEinG sO sOft” well its not like they can help themselves can they?? its not like a person with anxiety can remove the thoughts or stop overthinking despite wanting to? so personally, i will disagree and it shall always stay that way

excuse me for the paragraph haha

• Agree
Reactions: BurntCrown8876
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
Top Bottom