Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello :)

I promise this is my last suggestion lol

In eggwars, OP mode specifically, obsidian is ridiculously cheap. 3 gold per piece. I am going to present my reasons why it should be more expensive, and evaluate counterarguments. I already sense this is going to be controversial so please let me know your opinions :)

Why it should be more expensive:
In OP, obsidian costs 3 gold each, and it requires 5 to fully cover an egg. This means with a level 1 generator generating 1 ingot every 2.5 seconds, and starting with 5 when the game begins, you can get a full obsidian covered egg in less than 30 seconds. I personally pick miner kit, which in OP the pickaxe is reasonably not-slow at mining it, however especially in games like squads and mega it can be difficult if you dont have a super fast pickaxe with the amount of people respawning constantly.

Don't get me wrong, obsidian is very rarely the reason for my defeat in eggwars, however it is a major inconvenience that it is obtainable so cheaply, as it takes so long to mine and I am never spending my gold on diamond pickaxes, which to be honest is something i could do rather than complaining :)

It encourages camping:
To an extent, obsidian encourages people to camp at their base, building up a massive defence as it is so cheap. Obviously the point of eggwars is to defend your egg, but if you look at Bedwars, obsidian requires you to go to the middle and get 4 emeralds, 8 if you want it fully covered, unlike Eggwars where on most maps you start with a level 1 gold generator.

I don't want it nerfed to, like, 10 gold but maybe to 5 per piece, which matches the cost for a diamond pickaxe in OP mode, which seems a lot fairer.

Counterarguments:

However, I do see arguments for it's price not being raised. In OP, super powerful pickaxes can be bought for very cheaply. Efficiency 4 diamond is only 12 diamonds, and absolutely shreds through obsidian.

And in eggwars not every minor inconvenience should be fixed to cater to the few sweats who play, taking away from the large amount of more casual players.

All in all, I feel that the super cheap amount obsidian costs isn't balanced with the ease and cost of a pickaxe to counter it, and I often struggle with first rushes when they already have obsidian, and we are matched for armour, which slows down the rest of my game :/

I feel a lot of people will disagree so let me know your arguments :))

pekd

honestly, its not that bad. the 5-gold-pickaxe (idk its efficency) alredy goes through obsidian pretty quick and you can block yourself in with obsidian so you have enougth time to break the egg defense. shure, if the opponents defense is a 16x16 obsidian square, it takes quite some time to mine through it but that barely ever happens and if it does, you can just camp at mid until you have enougth emeralds for the best pickaxe in the game (efficency 10 i think) and destroy the defense easily

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree. A common strategy in eggwars is to cover your egg with obsidian before the rushing team gets to it. Thirty seconds is plenty of time for the rushing team to break your egg before you are able to cover it. If the price was more expensive, it would be much harder to get the egg covered in time.
Going along with one of your counterarguments, the miner kit is the default pickaxe, so it shouldn't be able to mine through obsidian quickly, anyway. There are pickaxes that can mine obsidian very quickly though. The efficiency VIII pickaxe can mine through multiple layers of obsidian within a couple seconds. All you need to do is rush mid, grab some diamonds, and buy the pickaxe, which doesn't take too long.
I would say the obsidian discourages camping. I've been playing eggwars for a while, and I see a lot more people camping their egg while having terracotta. Using obsidian would give you a small sense of relief of not having your egg being broken, since it is better protected than with other blocks. This would allow players to leave their base and break some of their opponents eggs.

Also, you can always block-in with obsidian if you want to break an egg without being killed, and keeping it at 15 gold for 5 blocks would make it much more accessible to do so.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
honestly, its not that bad. the 5-gold-pickaxe (idk its efficency) alredy goes through obsidian pretty quick and you can block yourself in with obsidian so you have enougth time to break the egg defense. shure, if the opponents defense is a 16x16 obsidian square, it takes quite some time to mine through it but that barely ever happens and if it does, you can just camp at mid until you have enougth emeralds for the best pickaxe in the game (efficency 10 i think) and destroy the defense easily
yeah the 5 gold pickaxe is eff 2, which isnt noticeably quicker than my miner pickaxe. I only really find it a problem for my first rush as it is a pain not being able to buy gaps in place of a eff 2 pickaxe, or a diamond sword in place of an eff 4 pickaxe.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I disagree. A common strategy in eggwars is to cover your egg with obsidian before the rushing team gets to it. Thirty seconds is plenty of time for the rushing team to break your egg before you are able to cover it. If the price was more expensive, it would be much harder to get the egg covered in time.
Going along with one of your counterarguments, the miner kit is the default pickaxe, so it shouldn't be able to mine through obsidian quickly, anyway. There are pickaxes that can mine obsidian very quickly though. The efficiency VIII pickaxe can mine through multiple layers of obsidian within a couple seconds. All you need to do is rush mid, grab some diamonds, and buy the pickaxe, which doesn't take too long.
I would say the obsidian discourages camping. I've been playing eggwars for a while, and I see a lot more people camping their egg while having terracotta. Using obsidian would give you a small sense of relief of not having your egg being broken, since it is better protected than with other blocks. This would allow players to leave their base and break some of their opponents eggs.

Also, you can always block-in with obsidian if you want to break an egg without being killed, and keeping it at 15 gold for 5 blocks would make it much more accessible to do so.
yeah i agree the default miner pickaxe shouldnt be able to break it quickly at all, that would be ridiculous. I have never bought an eff 8 pickaxe as there are so many better things to spend diamonds on, an eff 4 pickaxe is perfectly fine. Its more the fact that from literally 25 seconds into the game you can have a full obby egg defence that doesn't sit right with me. Maybe its just because i've played a lot of hypixel bedwars too.

muffin294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this would be great, but the efficiency of pickaxes would have to go down if the price for obsidian went up, so that there would still be a good balance between pickaxe and obsidian.

Xalibur

Jul 15, 2022
Earth
Pronouns
He/Him

In eggwars, OP mode specifically, obsidian is ridiculously cheap. 3 gold per piece. I am going to present my reasons why it should be more expensive, and evaluate counterarguments. I already sense this is going to be controversial so please let me know your opinions :)

In OP, obsidian costs 3 gold each, and it requires 5 to fully cover an egg. This means with a level 1 generator generating 1 ingot every 2.5 seconds, and starting with 5 when the game begins, you can get a full obsidian covered egg in less than 30 seconds. I personally pick miner kit, which in OP the pickaxe is reasonably not-slow at mining it, however especially in games like squads and mega it can be difficult if you dont have a super fast pickaxe with the amount of people respawning constantly.

Don't get me wrong, obsidian is very rarely the reason for my defeat in eggwars, however it is a major inconvenience that it is obtainable so cheaply, as it takes so long to mine and I am never spending my gold on diamond pickaxes, which to be honest is something i could do rather than complaining :)

It encourages camping:
To an extent, obsidian encourages people to camp at their base, building up a massive defence as it is so cheap. Obviously the point of eggwars is to defend your egg, but if you look at Bedwars, obsidian requires you to go to the middle and get 4 emeralds, 8 if you want it fully covered, unlike Eggwars where on most maps you start with a level 1 gold generator.

I don't want it nerfed to, like, 10 gold but maybe to 5 per piece, which matches the cost for a diamond pickaxe in OP mode, which seems a lot fairer.

Counterarguments:

However, I do see arguments for it's price not being raised. In OP, super powerful pickaxes can be bought for very cheaply. Efficiency 4 diamond is only 12 diamonds, and absolutely shreds through obsidian.

And in eggwars not every minor inconvenience should be fixed to cater to the few sweats who play, taking away from the large amount of more casual players.

All in all, I feel that the super cheap amount obsidian costs isn't balanced with the ease and cost of a pickaxe to counter it, and I often struggle with first rushes when they already have obsidian, and we are matched for armour, which slows down the rest of my game :/

annoying to deal with in mega

Reactions: Wildd

Xalibur

Jul 15, 2022
Earth
Pronouns
He/Him

It encourages camping:

Counterarguments:

maybe just have it more expensive for the first 2 minutes of the game

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

woohoo 120.80 released and now whenever i go into cubecraft my skin turns into either steve or alex yay!! thanks mojang now i cant have my signature skin ingame anymore
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom