Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

hippopotamu5

Dec 20, 2013
Knowing is different than proving. Knowing means,
  1. to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully.
The question is not how do you prove something. It is "how do you know that you know?"

Your answer was the best I heard. Most people spontaneously combust when they attempt to figure it out.
I understand where you're coming. We cannot say that we KNOW every complex detail of nanoscience because science and our ability to observe and understand the world in greater detail are ever advancing.

To know something is to first observe the phenomenon and then analyse our observations into a rational understanding. Once we have this rational understanding, if we cannot objectively produce any evidence to the contrary, we call it a theory, which means a fact TO THE GREATEST EXTENT OF OUR CURRENT UNDERSTANDING.

Oftentimes people think the word "theory" means unsubstantiated, but using the word theory instead of fact is science's polite way of saying, "but feel free to prove me wrong, we may find evidence to the contrary as science advances."

To summarise, we produce facts by making observations that we analyse. A fact is a theory which can (and has) been verified many times.

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
Lol I read the whole thing. It was a stirring lecture, seeing it took me half an hour. And I understood about a word of it. Nice job guys! Very.. Technical!

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ya know what helps me think sometimes? Making chocolate brownies and throwing them out of the window. You should try it sometime. It clears your mind.
That's what I had to do before reading hippo'a post. It worked the second time. I understood 2 words and not 1.Double the score!! I'm getting better at this!!

hippopotamu5

Dec 20, 2013
"Now, this is a story all about how
This thread got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how It became confusing in this thread right here."
(c) Hippopotamu5, all rights reserved.

LaserDolphin77

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
To say you "know" something is to produce a well substantiated scientific theory to account for a phenomenon. The theory must be falsifiable (it must be possible to test whether the theory is incorrect). Thus, i know i have two hands, because i can observe two hands, and no evidence has been presented to prove i have fewer or more than two hands.
And how do you know that?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Top Bottom