Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,
There is a rule on Cubecraft called "Bug Abuse"

1.7 - Bug abuse

Bug abuse is defined as intentionally using a bug or glitch in any way, shape, or form. Bug abuse is strictly prohibited. Knowingly working with/having someone abuse a bug for you may also result in a punishment.
Bugs can be reported here: https://cbecrft.net/bugs

Punishment track: 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban

While I think this rule is completely fair and it's harsh punishment track is alright I would like to suggest that a warning be added at the start of the punishment track
Warning -> 7 day ban -> 30 day ban -> Permanent ban

The reason i suggest this change is because many people dont even know the bug they're "abusing" is a bug, a warning would act as a way to tell them it is in fact a bug

I see this a lot when it comes to Lucky Islands and its Tnt glitch bug, many people find themselves stuck and the person whos fighting them will hit them while they're stuck, this is known as bug abuse. I agree this is a game changing bug and it definetly should be at the top of cubecrafts priorities as it both gives people wins and ruins games for those who find themselves trapped in this bug.

The person whos fighting the person may not know they're stuck or may not know that this is known as bug abuse because its been around for so long, is a common bug and seems almost mean to ban someone for this instead of just fixing the bug.

It is for the reasons stated above i feel Bug abuse should have a warning, to give people a warning that what they're doing is actually known as bug abuse. Once the warning has been given then the player has no defence, they've already been informed what they're doing is bug abuse and then they can recieve the more severe punishments

If you agree please vote :agree: if not vote :disagree: but please tell me why. Thanks for reading

Last edited:

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
I’m sure it’s perfect as it is now. On reflection, people can estimate that actually taking advantage of a bug is bannable, since in most cases, bugs give you an unfair advantage, which puts the opponent at a disadvantage. In short, I think that people can easily estimate that taking advantage of a bug that gives you any advantage towards another player is bannable. This is also neatly indicated in the rules, the excuse of 'I didn't know the rules' is therefore not a valid reason, since you automatically agree to the rules when you play. Also, I'm pretty sure you won't just get banned for a bug that happened to you by accident and wasn't intentionally exploited. If it does, you still have the opportunity to make an appeal. That’s simply why I disagree for now.

Reactions: Felinesheep1982

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m sure it’s perfect as it is now. On reflection, people can estimate that actually taking advantage of a bug is bannable, since in most cases, bugs give you an unfair advantage, which puts the opponent at a disadvantage. In short, I think that people can easily estimate that taking advantage of a bug that gives you any advantage towards another player is bannable. This is also neatly indicated in the rules, the excuse of 'I didn't know the rules' is therefore not a valid reason, since you automatically agree to the rules when you play. That’s simply why I disagree for now.
I disagree, people may not know that common bugs that are commonly used in panicky situations such as the lucky islands tnt glitch bug are actually banable. If your just fighting someone and the other player falls in the glitch and continue "fighting them", in my words "fighting them" not actually knowing your abusing a bug because your in the moment fighting someone.

And in all honesty its only right that Cubecraft give a warning, some people may not even know what the bugs are because there's no list, they dont fix game changing bugs immediatly so the least they could do is give you a warning saying 1. this is a bug and 2. it can not be used to your advntage.

From there the individual knows its a bug and cannot use it to there advantage, if they do it again they'll recieve a very harsh punishment for there actions after already being told its a bug and is not allowed to be used.

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
I disagree, people may not know that common bugs that are commonly used in panicky situations such as the lucky islands tnt glitch bug are actually banable. If your just fighting someone and the other player falls in the glitch and continue "fighting them", in my words "fighting them" not actually knowing your abusing a bug because your in the moment fighting someone.

And in all honesty its only right that Cubecraft give a warning, some people may not even know what the bugs are because there's no list, they dont fix game changing bugs immediatly so the least they could do is give you a warning saying 1. this is a bug and 2. it can not be used to your advntage.

From there the individual knows its a bug and cannot use it to there advantage, if they do it again they'll recieve a very harsh punishment for there actions after already being told its a bug and is not allowed to be used.
Even though, they’re still able to make an appeal, which gives them the full chance of getting unbanned when they just simply explain they weren’t aware of the bug they ‘abused’.

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Even though, they’re still able to make an appeal, which gives them the full chance of getting unbanned when they just simply explain they weren’t aware of the bug they ‘abused’.
Thats true, altho i still feel Cubecraft should inform people that specific bugs are actually bugs before banning them

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Thats true, altho i still feel Cubecraft should inform people that specific bugs are actually bugs before banning them
I'm pretty sure people can use their common sense in this case. This is what it says in rule 1.7: 'Bug abuse is defined as intentionally using a bug or glitch in any way, shape, or form. Bug abuse is strictly prohibited. Knowingly working with/having someone abuse a bug for you may also result in a punishment.' I think this is clear enough for people to understand that they shouldn't abuse bugs that give them an advantage over other players. Again, in case that you actually get banned for abusing a bug that you were not aware of, there is always the opportunity to create an appeal and clearly explain your story there.

D

Deleted member 576174

No need to send a big text from my side, for me the actual system seems fair. If people would read the rules correctly they would understand that it's strictly prohibited, for me bug and glitch abusers deserve a temporary ban as it ruins the game as much as cheaters.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
No need to send a big text from my side, for me the actual system seems fair. If people would read the rules correctly they would understand that it's strictly prohibited, for me bug and glitch abusers deserve a temporary ban as it ruins the game as much as cheaters.
But who actually reads the rules? Especially if you’re just a causal kid who only plays on the server with the discord, forums or anything they sure as heck won’t read anything. I dunno about you but I don’t read the rules unless I’m directed to them for a certain reason. It‘s not exactly the easiest thing to get to the rules either.

D

Deleted member 576174

But who actually reads the rules? Especially if you’re just a causal kid who only plays on the server with the discord, forums or anything they sure as heck won’t read anything. I dunno about you but I don’t read the rules unless I’m directed to them for a certain reason. It‘s not exactly the easiest thing to get to the rules either.
That's your problem then, staff members will punish accordingly to the rules. People who says "I didn't know" will just get ignored and punished equally. Before you start ruining other people games with bug/glitch abusing you should check the rules if it's allowed. And for me the rules are easy to understand and self explaining.

Reactions: Click Greatness

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I see this a lot when it comes to Lucky Islands and its Tnt glitch bug, many people find themselves stuck and the person whos fighting them will hit them while they're stuck, this is known as bug abuse.

Is that really a reason for people to get banned? If so a warning would indeed be the right thing - hell, I don't think anyone should be banned or warned for that at all.

Are you supposed to wait for the other player to get free? Wasting your own time and potentially being attacked by another player? I understand being on the receiving end of this bug is annoying, but should everyone else stop playing because someone is stuck?

I don't play Lucky, but right now in Eggwars 30% of the players I throw in the void spawn back on the island/bridge. It's an infuriating bug, especially when you finally "kill" someone that has been running for ages. Some fall straight back, because they are confused and didn't expect it to happen. The others continue running or fighting. You could say that's bug abuse, but can you expect from them to jump back in the void because: "fair is fair, you killed me"? Would be admirable, but doubt even most staff members would do that.

I've been thrown in the void because someone spawned back behind me unexpectedly. Unfair, yes, and does absolutely fit the bug abuse description Cubecraft gives, but also can't really blame them for seizing the opportunity. Those kind of bugs should indeed be top priority for Cubecraft to fix, but doesn't seem like something players should be punished for. I actually never considered a bug like that to count. Intentionally using the egg to spawn back is bug abuse (fixed now, I believe), but something that seems to have no way of controlling yourself... seems unfair.

I could record and report someone in nearly every single game I play now. If the Cubecraft team decides that's fair, shame on them IMO.

ssunsett

Moderator ☀️
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 25, 2021
Belgium
I don't think you need an extra warning because if you abuse a bug you know it's unfair. You know it gives you an unfair advantage in game and yet you don't go to the hub. There’s even a warning message in game that any kind of cheating will be punished, you don't even have to read the rules

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I don't think you need an extra warning because if you abuse a bug you know it's unfair. You know it gives you an unfair advantage in game and yet you don't go to the hub. There’s even a warning message in game that any kind of cheating will be punished, you don't even have to read the rules

If you are intentionally causing and thus abusing a bug that gives you an advantage: I agree. But if another player is stuck, are you gonna drop everything and stop playing? How would you even know it's bugged in the first place? I barely play Lucky Island, only if I decide to do the daily challenges, which is once in a blue moon. I wouldn't even know I was "abusing" a bug if I killed someone standing in a tnt.

Reactions: Fesa and Matriox

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
its the command /rules

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
That's your problem then, staff members will punish accordingly to the rules. People who says "I didn't know" will just get ignored and punished equally. Before you start ruining other people games with bug/glitch abusing you should check the rules if it's allowed. And for me the rules are easy to understand and self explaining.
Eh, some people see it your way I guess. But I feel it’s up to Cubecraft to enforce the rules and make them as easy as possible to find. There should be an in game rule-book. So then everyone will have no excuse the not know the rules. I know they have a command for it but like, who the heck would know that as a causal player.

D

Deleted member 576174

Eh, some people see it your way I guess. But I feel it’s up to Cubecraft to enforce the rules and make them as easy as possible to find. There should be an in game rule-book. So then everyone will have no excuse the not know the rules. I know they have a command for it but like, who the heck would know that as a causal player.
To my knowledge when you join the server there's this "Welcome to CubeCraft message" containing a link to the rules, I don't think CubeCraft needs to copy other servers and give a book about the server rules. Sometimes it's also the responsibility of the players to know the rules.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
To my knowledge when you join the server there's this "Welcome to CubeCraft message" containing a link to the rules, I don't think CubeCraft needs to copy other servers and give a book about the server rules. Sometimes it's also the responsibility of the players to know the rules
i don’t remember that lol. Guess I’m just stupid. But then again at the time my mindset wasn’t on anything besides trying the server out.

I understand your point but I see it as it’s just 50-50 responsibility share for the player to know the rules, and cubecraft to enforce them but that’s just my opinion. I would actually favour the player bc without the player, cubecraft would ofc be nothing. I go by “the customer is always right” motto. Ofc that’s not a good comparison bc this is a Minecraft server but still it’s kinda relevant.

But I understand your reasoning, have a nice day.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
To my knowledge when you join the server there's this "Welcome to CubeCraft message" containing a link to the rules, I don't think CubeCraft needs to copy other servers and give a book about the server rules. Sometimes it's also the responsibility of the players to know the rules.
But most people don't know they're abusing a bug when they are, there's no list or anything provided and therefor I suggested a warning to let people know the bug they're 'abusing' is actually a bug

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom