• Agree: Bring back the Efficency X Pickaxe

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Disagree: Don't bring it back

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
There was no need for the Efficiency X Pickaxe to be removed in EggWars OP mode.

First of all, it's called overpowered for a reason. I agree that the pickaxe is a little OP, but that's the fun part of it and that's why it should exist in overpowered mode.
Second of all, I hate this because a CubeCraft literally gives campers/skybase builders more advantage and us (normal players that just attack) disadvantage. Obsidian is cheap in OP and some eggs literally have 5 layers of obsidian around it when I get there just because they didn't leave the island. Even with the Efficiency X pickaxe it's hard to get thru those layers because (in mega anyway) people will just hit you and then you can't break it.
After having attacked a few teams, the last teams left always have a lot of people geared up with iron armor because they literally just don't leave their islands. The only way to be able to kill them is by spleefing because in overpowered mode they can easily get stacked. Spleefing isn't bad, it has become a strategy of many people in EggWars OP which is fun and a good way to deal with campers, but also with people that build skybases. EggWars is about fighting and destroying eachother's eggs, not about staying on your island or even on your island in the air in a skybase and this 'update' kinda encourages that.

We give feedback very often. So many people are asking for map selection, or a points system for example and then this is what you guys change. It just sucks. At least ask the community before changing things like this because apparently you don't see that this pickaxe was used a lot. Just played a few games but it's just way less fun, hope you'll reconsider this because this just sucks.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There was no need for the Efficiency X Pickaxe to be removed in EggWars OP mode.

First of all, it's called overpowered for a reason. I agree that the pickaxe is a little OP, but that's the fun part of it and that's why it should exist in overpowered mode.
Second of all, I hate this because a CubeCraft literally gives campers/skybase builders more advantage and us (normal players that just attack) disadvantage. Obsidian is cheap in OP and some eggs literally have 5 layers of obsidian around it when I get there just because they didn't leave the island. Even with the Efficiency X pickaxe it's hard to get thru those layers because (in mega anyway) people will just hit you and then you can't break it.
After having attacked a few teams, the last teams left always have a lot of people geared up with iron armor because they literally just don't leave their islands. The only way to be able to kill them is by spleefing because in overpowered mode they can easily get stacked. Spleefing isn't bad, it has become a strategy of many people in EggWars OP which is fun and a good way to deal with campers, but also with people that build skybases. EggWars is about fighting and destroying eachother's eggs, not about staying on your island or even on your island in the air in a skybase and this 'update' kinda encourages that.

We give feedback very often. So many people are asking for map selection, or a points system for example and then this is what you guys change. It just sucks. At least ask the community before changing things like this because apparently you don't see that this pickaxe was used a lot. Just played a few games but it's just way less fun, hope you'll reconsider this because this just sucks.

Efficiency X? I only remember it going up to 8. Do you mean 8? And if so was it removed, I just saw it not too long ago...

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I disagree about bringing it back. Even though it was really fun to use, it was way to OP.
Why would it be too OP?
Because the whole gamemode is overpowered by votes, you can get obsidian really fast. If every team has obsidian, would cost a lot of time to win.
With the efficiency 10 wooden pickaxe you can easily destroy the obsidian, and people just need to have defend better in mega. Its a 1v10 and they cant even defend a single person. Even when I destroy the egg, people just need to become better at pvp so they dont die.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I disagree about bringing it back. Even though it was really fun to use, it was way to OP.
I still don’t understand that argument. There are three modes in EggWars and one of them is overpowered. You can still play normal or basic for less overpowered items, but overpowered should be overpowered. Besides that, it has so many more advantages but the biggest plus is the fact that finally campers are getting a disadvantage which encourages everyone to actually play the game.

Reactions: CeleryAskin

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I completely agree. I loved the op pickaxe in every way, even when it was being used against me. In OP it can be really easy for campers to get tons of obsidian and full iron armor, so this was a nice way to counter that. For the people who complain that they don't like it: it's only in overpowered mode. If you dislike it that much, just vote for normal.

+1 from me

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

PhilSwift76

🎥 Content Creator 🎥
Jun 20, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think they should bring it back but as a base kit item its just way too good its makes it so that all you need are blocks and your kit so i think they should buff all the current picks in the should so that you can buy an insta mine pick for 5 gold or something, but with the pick having lower durability. The insta mine would be good for destroying obi, but then the low durability would help with bridge fights so that u dont just win by default when u choose miner.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada

I'm personally really torn with this argument. I agree with the spleefing people with full iron and preventing skybases, but at the same time, as someone who didn't use it, it was annoying to go against it. I always do a rush within the first minute and it's annoying with limited blocks having to tower up just to avoid being spleefed with no gear. If you do the 6 iron rushes, it actually takes skill to do and any non with an efficiency X can shut it down by clicking once. IDK, I think maybe it should be a kit strictly in mega, and keep it lower in the other eggwars modes.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I'd say efficiency 8 is enough, the time it takes to mine obsidian with Eff 8 is short enough.

Reactions: pieterpeer

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I'd say efficiency 8 is enough, the time it takes to mine obsidian with Eff 8 is short enough.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. Efficiency IV just sucks, you can't spleef enemies and breaking obsidian is also kinda impossible now so at the moment the pickaxe is just useless. Efficiency 8 would actually be great.

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
i would be happy if they buffed it to 8 or 9. I loved the efficiency 10 pick but now at 4 for legit can't mine obi which is super cheap you can't spleef it just completely useless.

AsteroidLand37

Novice Member
Feb 8, 2019

Literally only noobs who were easily baited into buying the eggwars rank use that and look now that you don't have your silly broken Pickaxe!

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020
i think they should bring it back but not as a kit. since now some ppl just used it to spleef right at the start and if you got the egg they would just camp the bridge which is anoying imo.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom