Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Hi, in this thread I will showcase 2 bridgetraps I often use in Eggwars and which are pretty successfull.

Trap 1.

So this first trap is super simple and a lot of fun as you, the trapper actually detonates it.
I'll show the 2 pictures first:

Step 1:
View attachment 134722
(Changed the point of view)
Step 2:
View attachment 134723

As you can see it's really quite easy :D You just mine a hole in the bridge and place a block on the block behind the hole (on your side of the hole) and take a bit of distance, then, whenever a player jumps or is about to jump over the gap you place a block on the 1 high block you placed earlier, the jumper cant jump over 2 blocks unless he has a jumping potion so he'll fall down the hole. I use this method a lot and I can assure you that you'll get a great feeling of success when you complete the trap and you'll probably laugh too as it's really fun to pull this off.

I suggest putting the block in your offhand and a sword in your main hand to make it look like you want to fight the guy, if you just hold the block in your hand the opponent might get suspicious. Its also possible to make a little room on the side of the bridge so that the opponent will not be able to see you at all but you can still reach the block you need to place your block on. This is however a little harder to pull off as you will have to time the placing on your opponents nametag, instead of his player model.

You can also try to be really fast by not placing a block behind the gap but spamclick your mouse whenever your oppenent jumps, this however has more room to failure although it is waay cooler to pull off and your opponent won't expect it as much as he would with a block already being there.

Trap 2:

The second trap takes a little bit more time to set up but still works like a charm, and this time you dont even need to be around for it to work :D

Once again I will first explain the basic concept of the trap using images.

Step 1:
View attachment 134724

Step 2:
View attachment 134725

Step 3:
View attachment 134726

Step 4:
View attachment 134727

Step 5:
View attachment 134728

Step 6:
View attachment 134729

Seems like a lot of steps but this trap is really easy to make. You just dig a hole in a bridge and then place blocks on top of adjacent blocks and on top of the gap. Now you build a tunnel around the entire thing and you're good to go. Whenever a player walks into the tunnel he/she has to mine the bottom block to move forwards, the first time the player might be careful with mining the block but after that most players just rush through it, when they get to the gap they fall in :D

This trap works best if the opponent has a fast pickaxe because that makes it easier to run through the tunnel.

Tip: Extend the tunnel to the end of the bridge or at least a couple of blocks away from the part where you can't walk through so that players are in the tunnel already before they start mining. If they see that the tunnel is closed before they enter your opponent might just build up to the tunnel.

Tip 2: This trap works really good on the map City for some reason.

Thank you for reading :D Good luck trapping!
Ahahah very nice traps! I'm gonna try them! :P

Reactions: RPoule

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
Trap 1 is good, but trap 2 will only work against the worst players. Who doesn't shift when they're mining blocks on a bridge?
1 does also not work because it isnt automaticly and i already tried this before this post and it just doen't work i also got a trap butt that one also doesnt really work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Top Bottom