Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jan 23, 2019
I would thoroughly enjoy it if you removed the punch bow. On op, every single time I play I find my self getting bowspammed off the edge. Or if I am winning the fight and they just shoot me off the edge. I use shields but a lot of time it just degrades my armour or they spam so much it breaks the shield. I am fine with the other bows but my lord, please remove the punch bow. I know a lot of people would agree with me as well

D

Deleted member 421664

I do not agree with you because some people using have a good enough aim with bow better than sword so they're having fun and they're doing that, thanks.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
I would thoroughly enjoy it if you removed the punch bow. On op, every single time I play I find my self getting bowspammed off the edge. Or if I am winning the fight and they just shoot me off the edge. I use shields but a lot of time it just degrades my armour or they spam so much it breaks the shield. I am fine with the other bows but my lord, please remove the punch bow. I know a lot of people would agree with me as well

They do not need to be removed. They've been around since the game started and aren't going anywhere.

My advice when dealing with someone who has a punch bow:

-Block spam if they have you cornered and are consistently hitting you

-Dodge the arrows by moving around inconsistently

-Avoid the fights altogether

-Get yourself a punch bow, to counter bow spammers

Using a shield might be a sound idea on the surface, but I have never lost to shield user. They have weak durability and you can just spam click their shields to let it down, then bow spam again. Seriously, don't use a shield, despite what mods say.

Removing the punch bow doesn't sort anything out and more people will complain that it's gone. There are ways to counter it, you just need to be better in doing that. We all die from bow spam. I encounter it, people multitudes of levels better than me encounter it.

Get better at countering people who do it and you will rarely (if at all) die to it.

Also campers? Buy a pearl. Problem solved

Biimo

Jul 2, 2020
nahhhh

Reactions: Mqrre and Fqnta

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with you, but I would see the bows removed, for my taste these make a much longer and more boring game.

• Angry
Reactions: zSeann and Fqnta

byelol

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2019
the void
while it is annoying it shouldn't be removed, like someone said previously it has been there since the beginning. In my experience, an angled stack usually helps in those fights.

Reactions: Fqnta

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
Using a shield might be a sound idea on the surface, but I have never lost to shield user. They have weak durability and you can just spam click their shields to let it down, then bow spam again. Seriously, don't use a shield, despite what mods say.

I love shield-users--they're usually an easier kill than players who know how to strafe and place barriers.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Hey,

I have two possible solutions to bow-spamming which may potentially reduce the number of players abusing this feature;

My first possible solution to encourage more sword/axe pvp rather than spamming a bow would not be to remove the bow all together, but to add a cool down if the player starts spamming the bow excessively. This would keep the intended purpose of the bow (to attack from a range) while encouraging hand to hand combat without the use of bow spamming. Although it’s possible to be shot once or maybe a even twice, it’s better than being spammed with up to 6 arrows in under 3 seconds.

My second possible solution would be to not allow the bow’s enchantments to work until the arrow is fully extended, then shot. For example: if a player attempts to spam another player off a map with a punch bow, it would be increasingly harder due to the lack of the punch enchantment while another player with the same bow fully extends the arrow and shoots another player on the bridge. Since the arrow was fully extended, he/she had the punch enchantment and knocked the player far into the void. Overall the enchantment will only work when the arrow is fully extended.

In conclusion, while it seems like a good idea to simply get rid of the Punch Bow all together, it can be encouraged to only use its intended purpose rather than abusing it just with a few adjustments to how they work.

CelsiusY

Novice Member
Nov 22, 2017
Sweden
I do not agree with you because some people using have a good enough aim with bow better than sword so they're having fun and they're doing that, thanks.
Yeah but no one else likes bowspamer like it can just ruin your game when a punchbow camper spammers you and its impossible to take theirs egg

Reactions: DonutKing_501x

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
Instead of outright removing it, they could introduce a new voting method. Where you can vote for OP, Health & No projectiles. This would simply remove bows for that match if the vote is passed. People with gold ranks would have access to it. It would force people to go into competitive PvP without having the worry of being punch bowed into another map.

Reactions: DonutKing_501x
D

Deleted member 421664

Yeah but no one else likes bowspamer like it can just ruin your game when a punchbow camper spammers you and its impossible to take theirs egg
I do agree in this point but egg wars will be boring without action things.

Jan 23, 2019
The thing is most people don't have the good aim to knock you off. All that ends up happening is that the game just goes on and on because they won't let you over. I really just can't take it. They usually don't end up pushing me off. They just prolong the game, and if I use my shield it breaks my armour faster, which is critical on OP

Jan 23, 2019
Counter most bow spammers? Move 20 blocks away and return fire! Most of them can't snipe. Another counter is building a wall behind you so you can't get knocked off.
But if you are trying to get their egg and you have to build over, you can't really return fire because they have way more space to move around and shooting them on their island won't get you over to it

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
But if you are trying to get their egg and you have to build over, you can't really return fire because they have way more space to move around and shooting them on their island won't get you over to it
1) Enderpearls. Control mid or a generator at level 3. 2) Build way up and don't worry about returning fire unless they start pillaring up to meet you.

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
EggWars is very strategy-heavy and bows are an integral part of the plays and counter-plays that can be made throughout a game. Every move or option a player can take has a counter. You just have to figure out what that counter is and then have the courage or the patience to implement it. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom