Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Bow spamming is a massive problem.

Not so much on Bedrock since its quick and easy to take people out of the game but on Java it is horrible.

I was in a fight with someone who was worse than me and I was shredding them, until they pulled out their punch bow and started spamming me.

I thought Java was gonna be fun interesting fights but it seems every fight I start winning someone just starts bow spamming me and cause there's no cooldown I just end up loosing.

Once again is a problem on Bedrock also but the good players normally don't give the bad players a chance to get a bow.

I know its a strat but cause on OP bows and arrows are so cheap, someone bow spamming with 120 arrows seems an annoying strat.

Edit: I'm new to java so if this is how you play on this version just by bow spamming then my bad. But from a Bedrock players point of view this seems like a crap strat.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Yeah I guess but if they get a bow quick I don't have time to get a shield.
Yes but that is what makes it a tactic. To counter it you have to be prepared and try to get a shield asap.
Also shields aren't a thing + don't work on Bedrock.
You said this isn't really a problem on Bedrock so I was talking about Java. Not sure how it works on Bedrock cause I only play Java.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
This is very annoying, but I don't think we can change this because this is part of the main game.
Some "techniques to avoid this (that I know of)
- Getting a shield
- moving forwards to the opponent (w) and switching from side to side (a-d) that way the opponent shoots the arrow to the place you were before not the one you are now and you can get closer to him
- in this case, make them follow you to a closed area where the punch bow won't void you and kill them there, etc

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
You should not see it as a bad thing but rather improvise how best to counter it. Shield is one option, but I have another way which is much easier to dodge arrows, but this takes practice. If someone is shooting, this person has no speed so you already have this to your advantage. Now how do you counter these arrows? STEP 1 Simply build two blocks in front of you and choose which side of the blocks you want to rotate. STEP 2 Keep placing two blocks in front of you and rotate them either on the same side or on the other side. The player with the bow has a 50% chance of guessing correctly. Because you keep moving you have more speed than the player who is shooting with his bow. If it is not clear let me know and I will make a video of it and post it in this thread later! I guarantee this tactic works as I have been using it for a few weeks now. :)

Feel free to ask questions. :-)

Reactions: Conea64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom