Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey CubeCrafters!

Today, we're excited to be bringing you a HUGE BlockWars Update, for both networks, and for both Bridges & Capture the Flag! Take a look! 👀

💎 NEW MODE - Overpowered!

For both gamemodes on BlockWars, we've released a NEW Overpowered mode! Full of gamemode specific powerups, buffed armour and a whole lot of chaos - take a look!

- Explosive Trap 🤯

Watch where you step, you may walk into an explosive trap! This will let off a huge explosion, dealing damage and breaking blocks to everyone around it! Run away when you hear the ticks!

- Automatic Bow ⏩

Shoot a bunch of arrows at an extremely high speed! You wouldn't want to stand in between a man and his auto bow...

- Flame Bow 🔥

Those arrows look lit!

- Leap Feather 🪶

Fall off the map? Fly away in style with these leap feathers!

- Knockback ☁️

Grants you knockback two on your weapon for 10 hits! Use them wisely!

- Temporary Obsidian 🛠️

Changes your blocks from terracotta to obsidian temporarily. Spam click those blocks!

- Invisibility 🪴

Go completely invisible for a short period of time - beware though, if you get hit, you will become visible!

- Exploding Chickens 🐔

Ah, those are some cute chickens...and they deleted every single block in the game. Nice.

- Freezerator ❄️

A powerful stick, that traps your opponents in an ice cage!

There is also a Totem of Undying that you can obtain for when you get into a sticky situation!

All of your items have received a buff as well! Get ready to fight in protection four armour, sharpness two swords & high-efficiency tools in this mode!

Powerups also spawn a lot faster, giving you the opportunity to mess around with the new powerups in this mode!

On Bedrock, we've made a bunch of custom models for each of the powerups! Take a look! 😍

View attachment 199568
Thanks to @bethharrison2134 for getting these done!

All of this can be unlocked by simply opening the voting menu, and voting for Overpowered!

🗺️ New Maps!

We're super excited to be releasing two new maps for BlockWars - one for CTF and one for Bridges! We're interested to get some feedback about our CTF map. 👀

- Bridges - Treasure 🪙

View attachment 199575
Beware of the pirates...arrrrr!

- CTF - Beach 🏖️

View attachment 199576
Ideal to chill out in!

This is the first map in CubeCraft that uses custom jump pads! We want to experiment with different non-vanilla mechanics like these in the future, for games outside of BlockWars!

Let us know if you like these, and you may see them more in the future! 👀

✨ Quality of Life Features

Finally, we've added a whole bunch of awesome quality of life features to help with the normal BlockWars games!
  • On Bedrock Capture the Flag, we've added Flag Mounting! This means that when you capture the flag, the opponent's flag will be put on your head! This will make it more obvious who has the flag, who to chase down and get the flag back!

• On Java Bridges, we've added Kit Modification! When you right-click on the redstone dust in your inventory, it'll bring up your inventory layout. You can change this inventory to whatever you want - whenever you die, your inventory will default to this!
    • We're looking to implement this into Bedrock too - we just need to ensure the menu is as intuitive as possible for all our players to enjoy!
  • All BlockWars icons have been given a revamp - with new icons that are now in line with our Store Revamp!​
  • During this update, we've also done a whole bunch of bug fixes!​

That's all for this update! Thanks everyone for reading, hope you enjoy & stay safe! 💙
Hard to see the powerup when it's STEVE xD
Very good update!! i like it!

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
My thoughts after playing the update on CTF Java:

I'm happy that the default mode hasn't been "ruined" per se but it's disappointing that the balance that the kits desperately need to make more than 4/12 viable still hasn't happened. The bad kits really need buffs because they are unusable.

The new map seems okayish, but it seems to be heavily inspired by Green Hills ( everyone was in agreement on that ), so it doesn't really feel unique. The jump pads are cool at least. It should be 16 players. It's no more suited to being 10 players than any other map so it should just be standard. ( Might be a bug )

The command /kit doesn't work so that needs a fix ASAP.

Now for the new mode: Powerups really don't spawn that much in CTF so they don't have too great of an affect, but when you can use them they seem cool. I'll have to play more to form a stronger opinion about them.

For the analysis and explanation of the kit balancing, I made this text doc: https://pastebin.com/UvNzEeQX, which I encourage people who need to see it look at.

But in short, the OP mode has absolutely no considerations for kit balancing, making it an even bigger mess than the normal game, and it REALLY needs work. This mode has every single player using runner because it is far away and the best.

That doesn't just mean nerf runner, it means that some thought actually needs to be put into giving every kit an actual use case. I'd be glad to help with working on that as I have my own set of rebalanced kits that I've worked on, which I would happily extend to the OP game mode.

Also as a proposal, instead of adding efficiency to tools in OP, just remove the mining fatigue. The exploits that easily make it simple to avoid the effect which will probably never be fixed aren't a problem then, and it will have a similar affect on mining speed. You can put efficiency 1 on the tools instead so it still feels like OP.

People will play OP because it makes defences much easier to defeat not because it brings new strategy to the table.

As evident from the player count, this update isn't even halting the slow withering away that this game has had for years without a single bit of thoughtful attention.

Well anyway...
As for Bedrock, after playing a few hours, the OP mode makes it far too easy to take and capture the flag. As long as you don't get hit off you are good. The protection level needs to be reduced to maybe around prot 2 at the least, because it's currently stronger than full iron. Having a big part of the game being useless isn't the best design choice. The same should be done with reducing sharpness to level 1 so there is a purpose to getting a diamond sword.

Bizarrely, you get fewer arrows in OP, getting 5 instead of 32. This makes using the bow near useless. The frost trap doesn't seem to work as I couldn't activate it on anyone. OP just needs some rebalancing and it needs KITS to actually add some strategy.

Maybe like these ones? https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/kits-for-blockwars.250796/

The community thrives the most on new elements of Minecraft in each map. Different ores in different maps or the ability to enchant would make each map feel special, it never has to be big.
Tetromino has hidden diamonds.
Robots has extra iron blocks.
Hive has gold blocks.
Retro has a prebuilt head hitter.
Castlewars has a tree to get lots of extra wood.
Green hills has the beacon.

The new map has nothing like that sadly, despite there being lots of other features of Minecraft that can be used to have fun and be creative on the game.

On bridges, the chicken bomb destroying all player blocks seems really silly, it should only remove the blocks of the other team. That would make it much more interesting. Also I really like that map, it's much better than the CTF one.

Anyway that's it for me. I spent a long time working on that text file here: https://pastebin.com/UvNzEeQX. I hope for a solid reply.

Update 1: I think the problem with the new map is that it feels really cramped all throughout it and some of the parkour feels awkward like the jump going down the small stairs. I get a similar feeling from the stairs on the fallen log on Green Hills but worse in this map.

The exploding chickens powerup seems to exist on CTF Java too, which in my opinion really isn't good. It makes the map completely empty and bare. I know you get given blocks but I don't think people want to rebuild their defences. I think it would be better if it were removed from CTF as player placed blocks are the most important part of what makes each individual game unique.

Update 2: Amazing idea: On CTF the exploding chickens shouldn't destroy all the blocks in the game but instead it should replace all the blocks of the team who picked it up with concrete. Concrete takes longer to break so instead they become FORTIFYING CHICKENS

Last edited:

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
1631129828009.png

YES

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Hey CubeCrafters!

Today, we're excited to be bringing you a HUGE BlockWars Update, for both networks, and for both Bridges & Capture the Flag! Take a look! 👀

💎 NEW MODE - Overpowered!

For both gamemodes on BlockWars, we've released a NEW Overpowered mode! Full of gamemode specific powerups, buffed armour and a whole lot of chaos - take a look!

- Explosive Trap 🤯

Watch where you step, you may walk into an explosive trap! This will let off a huge explosion, dealing damage and breaking blocks to everyone around it! Run away when you hear the ticks!

- Automatic Bow ⏩

Shoot a bunch of arrows at an extremely high speed! You wouldn't want to stand in between a man and his auto bow...

- Flame Bow 🔥

Those arrows look lit!

- Leap Feather 🪶

Fall off the map? Fly away in style with these leap feathers!

- Knockback ☁️

Grants you knockback two on your weapon for 10 hits! Use them wisely!

- Temporary Obsidian 🛠️

Changes your blocks from terracotta to obsidian temporarily. Spam click those blocks!

- Invisibility 🪴

Go completely invisible for a short period of time - beware though, if you get hit, you will become visible!

- Exploding Chickens 🐔

Ah, those are some cute chickens...and they deleted every single block in the game. Nice.

- Freezerator ❄️

A powerful stick, that traps your opponents in an ice cage!

There is also a Totem of Undying that you can obtain for when you get into a sticky situation!

All of your items have received a buff as well! Get ready to fight in protection four armour, sharpness two swords & high-efficiency tools in this mode!

Powerups also spawn a lot faster, giving you the opportunity to mess around with the new powerups in this mode!

On Bedrock, we've made a bunch of custom models for each of the powerups! Take a look! 😍

View attachment 199568
Thanks to @bethharrison2134 for getting these done!

All of this can be unlocked by simply opening the voting menu, and voting for Overpowered!

🗺️ New Maps!

We're super excited to be releasing two new maps for BlockWars - one for CTF and one for Bridges! We're interested to get some feedback about our CTF map. 👀

- Bridges - Treasure 🪙

View attachment 199575
Beware of the pirates...arrrrr!

- CTF - Beach 🏖️

View attachment 199576
Ideal to chill out in!

This is the first map in CubeCraft that uses custom jump pads! We want to experiment with different non-vanilla mechanics like these in the future, for games outside of BlockWars!

Let us know if you like these, and you may see them more in the future! 👀

✨ Quality of Life Features

Finally, we've added a whole bunch of awesome quality of life features to help with the normal BlockWars games!
  • On Bedrock Capture the Flag, we've added Flag Mounting! This means that when you capture the flag, the opponent's flag will be put on your head! This will make it more obvious who has the flag, who to chase down and get the flag back!

• On Java Bridges, we've added Kit Modification! When you right-click on the redstone dust in your inventory, it'll bring up your inventory layout. You can change this inventory to whatever you want - whenever you die, your inventory will default to this!
    • We're looking to implement this into Bedrock too - we just need to ensure the menu is as intuitive as possible for all our players to enjoy!
  • All BlockWars icons have been given a revamp - with new icons that are now in line with our Store Revamp!​
  • During this update, we've also done a whole bunch of bug fixes!​

That's all for this update! Thanks everyone for reading, hope you enjoy & stay safe! 💙
Woah, what an amazing update!! Sure hope they don't break the game ;)))))))

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
Top Bottom