Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this good enough?

• Yeah, sure, whatever.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Uh, I don't decide how this goes. Staff do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're going to be heartbroken by the hands of the staff (sniff)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maomi

Jul 21, 2016
To those who say "it lacks detail"...

That argument contradicts Retro 99.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
You see, I know how you might see potential of decent gameplay in this map, but the overall artistic value is, in my opinion, rather low. Wool doesn't have such a nice texture, the quicksand might be a cool (kind of) idea but it doesn't fit the theme, what really helped me in improving building is understanding colors and how they fit each other. Try and work on palettes and shapes, add some smaller blocks (stairs, slabs, fences) to add detail and this map might have some potential. But as of now, as I see it, it needs improvement.

If you're building SO much based on retro99, just submit that map again, voitlà. No.
Come up with your own ideas, it's why you make an own map, right?

By the way, don't get me wrong, the map is yours you can do whatever you want with it and what the heck not, but I'm just giving constructive criticism, and that's how people improve, with criticism, with tips by who might or might not have a little bit, even that small bit of experience of someone else.

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
To those who say "it lacks detail"...

That argument contradicts Retro 99.
Retro99 has detail. The edges of he high area, the striped theme of the map and also it's overall shape is what detail it. Compared to yours you have no interesting shapes other than squares or diagonal areas, the block choices add up to make a very brittle texture overall. But I disagree with most the size of the map is perfectly fine, there's a map even smaller than this (the one with the stair cases in the sides a leap in the middle and the base is like a raised stack of platforms) if you redesigned the map and planned out it's shaping more and did a bit of trial and error for a good palette you could really put together maps in a much more simplistically detailed way (I read over flaming cows post just now realising you basically said what I have :P)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom