Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It's always been a dream of mine to make a Christmas-themed BlockWars map! So together with Yoya we decided to make one! We used many different christmas related things, like sleighs, presents, a christmas tree, and snowflakes. It overall has a very simple, sort of cartoon-ish design which is fitting for BlockWars, where most maps are relatively simple-looking.

wDJKEdr.png

Overview of the Map
We added three different pathways to travel from flag to flag. They all end up meeting on the christmas tree.
UNBmHPm.png

Snowflakes Path (Note the raised flag, I've always considered BlockWars maps should explore the concept of flag design variety, it breaks both the aesthetic and gameplay repetitions of most BlockWars maps!)

amN9kXa.png

Main Presents Path

gYRmOBf.png

Secondary (Side) Present Path

1YCy5U1.png

How to get to that secondary Path
All presents are large enough to provide stability but also small enough to have the void as a constant threat. Which adds more to the thrill of running away from the flag!

oI0HZaZ.png

Here you can see how players have access to three different leaf layers. You may go up and down in the three using these ladders:
mv7kBjm.png

A43kF7l.png

This is spawn, players have been protected from running into the void by some presents in the back. The Emerald block marks spawn and the lapis block marks where the villager should be. We made sure to have spawn at a decent distance from the flag, so it isn't too hard to defend but also not very easy to camp.

Thanks for reading this map submission! Any feedback is appreciated, don't forget to vote on the poll!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It's always been a dream of mine to make a Christmas-themed BlockWars map! So together with Yoya we decided to make one! We used many different christmas related things, like sleighs, presents, a christmas tree, and snowflakes. It overall has a very simple, sort of cartoon-ish design which is fitting for BlockWars, where most maps are relatively simple-looking.

wDJKEdr.png

Overview of the Map
We added three different pathways to travel from flag to flag. They all end up meeting on the christmas tree.
UNBmHPm.png

Snowflakes Path (Note the raised flag, I've always considered BlockWars maps should explore the concept of flag design variety, it breaks both the aesthetic and gameplay repetitions of most BlockWars maps!)

amN9kXa.png

Main Presents Path

gYRmOBf.png

Secondary (Side) Present Path

1YCy5U1.png

How to get to that secondary Path
All presents are large enough to provide stability but also small enough to have the void as a constant threat. Which adds more to the thrill of running away from the flag!

oI0HZaZ.png

Here you can see how players have access to three different leaf layers. You may go up and down in the three using these ladders:
mv7kBjm.png

A43kF7l.png

This is spawn, players have been protected from running into the void by some presents in the back. The Emerald block marks spawn and the lapis block marks where the villager should be. We made sure to have spawn at a decent distance from the flag, so it isn't too hard to defend but also not very easy to camp.

Thanks for reading this map submission! Any feedback is appreciated, don't forget to vote on the poll!

As much as I would love to see this year round. I think it should be a seasonal map.

Last edited:

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
It's a nice map, issue is I don't think that it will be added this year at least if it was to be added :(

Reactions: Eli
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom