Do you agree?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I have played 4 full games of Blockwars Bridges but I already figured out 3 major changes that needs to be implemented soon!
Pls vote in the poll and comment down below what u think!

1) Nerf Bows!
- Current Situation:

you spawn with 32 arrows and a non-enchanted bow.

- Changes:
Less arrows, MAX 5 arrows since it is a bridge and its not so hard to hit people but if 5 people with 32 arrows shoot you there is no way of you to cross that bridge, its annoying and stalling the game a lot. this is also supporting camping since people can build on their pit while the other teammates prevent the opposit team from crossing.
OR
A punch bow but only 1 arrow and you get a new arrow every X seconds.

- Why?
Since this is 1.9, bowspam is more common and although bows are also used on the bridge on Hypixel, you cannot spam with them and in order to use them you need to have some skill and coordination. this is not how they are currently used on CubeCraft and giving players so much arrows will just stall and support camping.

2) Make the bridge deeper!
- Current Situation:

The bridge is only 3 blocks deep and clutching is hard and wallbridging useless since they can hit you easily.

- Changes:
Make it ATLEAST 6 blocks deep so people can safe when being shot of or bridge against the wall to create more paths to go to the other side.
This adds some skill but everybody can learn how to clutch/wallbridge and its an addition that makes the bridge good and thats the only reason I play it personally.

3) Make armor permanent and reset inventory on goal!
- Current Situation:

When you score, your inventory remains the same but you get some new blocks aswell. (red: ''why'' for explaination)
When you die your armor resets.

- Changes:
Make armor permanent, do not reset your iron armor when you die! (tools and sword can be reset)
Reset your inventory (except armor) when you score (same like death)

- Why:
Making full iron armor is TIME CONSUMING and PAINFULL, while your teammates are winning the game you are crafting ar the back of your island... thats painfull but imagine you finally have full iron and you walk onto the bridge, you get bowspammed by 3 people and you get shot off into the void. Now you have to make full iron again because your armor has reset! making iron is not usefull at all and I have seen 1 person do it so far...

When you score your inventory remains the same but you get some new blocks added, this is very confusing since they do not stack, after a few goals you have blocks shattered across your inventory in stacks of 16.
Personally I like the hold blocks in my off hand but they remain there when I die which makes it even more confusing. Imagine you used 50/64 blocks in order to score and you spawn again with 14 blocks in your offhand and 16 in your inventory, you will have to manage your inventory manually (pressing F just switches the blocks and does not add them)
before going into the action again. while defending this can cost you a win when unlucky!
Just resetting your inventory (blocks out offhand and only 1 stack in total + re-order tools and weapon if necessary when you respawn will fix this.
pls note: do not reset armor upon goal!

VOTE in the POLL and leave your THOUGHTS in the COMMENTS pls!

Assault

Novice Member
Nov 24, 2019
The Netherlands
The bridge needs to get deeper. It is almost impossible to block save. And indeed it seems to me a good idea to do less arrows on the bow since everyone is camping with bows. At least, the name Blockwars Bridges does not fit the game. With blockwars everyone thinks of the 8v8 and capture the flag and core, but not the bridge. This is my opinion! :)

Samurai

Jun 12, 2020
Belgium
Maybe there should be a way to make a second or third bridge. This could be done thru mining 32 iron or something...
And there should be a way to order your inventory permanently, bcs i find it very annoying that my blocks/ bow aren't on the hotbar they should be.

Reactions: Dreamer

Ouuv

Novice Member
May 29, 2020
I have played 4 full games of Blockwars Bridges but I already figured out 3 major changes that needs to be implemented soon!
Pls vote in the poll and comment down below what u think!

1) Nerf Bows!
- Current Situation:

- Changes:
Less arrows, MAX 5 arrows since it is a bridge and its not so hard to hit people but if 5 people with 32 arrows shoot you there is no way of you to cross that bridge, its annoying and stalling the game a lot. this is also supporting camping since people can build on their pit while the other teammates prevent the opposit team from crossing.
OR
A punch bow but only 1 arrow and you get a new arrow every X seconds.

- Why?
Since this is 1.9, bowspam is more common and although bows are also used on the bridge on Hypixel, you cannot spam with them and in order to use them you need to have some skill and coordination. this is not how they are currently used on CubeCraft and giving players so much arrows will just stall and support camping.

- Current Situation:

The bridge is only 3 blocks deep and clutching is hard and wallbridging useless since they can hit you easily.

- Changes:
Make it ATLEAST 6 blocks deep so people can safe when being shot of or bridge against the wall to create more paths to go to the other side.
This adds some skill but everybody can learn how to clutch/wallbridge and its an addition that makes the bridge good and thats the only reason I play it personally.

- Current Situation:

When you score, your inventory remains the same but you get some new blocks aswell. (red: ''why'' for explaination)

- Changes:
Make armor permanent, do not reset your iron armor when you die! (tools and sword can be reset)

- Why:
Making full iron armor is TIME CONSUMING and PAINFULL, while your teammates are winning the game you are crafting ar the back of your island... thats painfull but imagine you finally have full iron and you walk onto the bridge, you get bowspammed by 3 people and you get shot off into the void. Now you have to make full iron again because your armor has reset! making iron is not usefull at all and I have seen 1 person do it so far...

When you score your inventory remains the same but you get some new blocks added, this is very confusing since they do not stack, after a few goals you have blocks shattered across your inventory in stacks of 16.
Personally I like the hold blocks in my off hand but they remain there when I die which makes it even more confusing. Imagine you used 50/64 blocks in order to score and you spawn again with 14 blocks in your offhand and 16 in your inventory, you will have to manage your inventory manually (pressing F just switches the blocks and does not add them)
before going into the action again. while defending this can cost you a win when unlucky!
Just resetting your inventory (blocks out offhand and only 1 stack in total + re-order tools and weapon if necessary when you respawn will fix this.
pls note: do not reset armor upon goal!

VOTE in the POLL and leave your THOUGHTS in the COMMENTS pls!
They need to add duos and solos. 5 v 5 is so chaotic

Reactions: yiup and Deann

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
1) Nerf Bows!
- Current Situation:

- Changes:
100% agree, play tactics are heavily bowspammy and nearly impossible to cross the bridge if all players are shooting.
- Current Situation:

- Changes:
This is one thing I never really thought about, however thinking about it I love the idea, it’d be very convenient for when you get knocked off to be able to block clutch, however I still think 6 blocks isn’t that many, maybe 8-10.
- Current Situation:

- Changes:
I’m kind of indifferent on this, I do believe inventories should reset when scoring so you get everything back, however I believe your armor should reset if you die, the players killed you so you shouldn’t come back just as strong as you were.

Regardless of that issue, I really love the idea and you can consider this thread ESCALATED

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
Bows are really annoying also i agree with everything here, but what i really want is fast saturation on bedrock cause if i get into a 2v1 situation on half health no healing its really annoying!

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
- Current Situation:

- Changes:
Hi just to let you know that this part of the suggestion has been implemented - the bridge is now 7 blocks deep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.