Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
IMG_0410.PNG

Hi everyone, I played a few games of Beta Eggwars. And be sure I have some things to say about it! I'll try to be as clear as possible, and promise to not keep it short!
I'll be comparing it a lot with "normal" Eggwars to really show some differences that are good and some that are bad. the order in which I write things is not special and just random.
Here we go!

IMG_0411.PNG

As everyone noticed Beta Eggwars has a different shop that claims to be faster:
We've taken our shop system from Skyblock and brought it over to EggWars!
This means buying items is faster and simpler than ever!
While the new buy system may or may not be faster, (more on this later). The placement of the item in the shop is what annoys me most! Take a look at the blocks section before,
2020-05-19_23.21.37.png
Now take a look at the one in Beta Eggwars
2020-05-19_22.15.27.png
As I agree that having a different slot for a different amount of blocks is a bit pointless. They made a big mistake. Buying blocks is not the upper left corner any more! This might not seem like a big deal to most players but for the players who play a lot and have made buying the right stuff a muscle memory, me included, this is a nightmare! You but the wrong things. With blocks this is not that much of a problem since builders are overpowered, more on that later!
The biggest problem is the food section!
2020-05-19_23.21.40.png
Buying steak is 4 to left and 2 down, counted from the upper left corner.
In the new shop,
2020-05-19_22.15.34.png
That place is carrots, carrots! Since I mostly play overpowered, buying carrots is straight up stupid, saturation is a big thing in Eggwars (1,9+) for regeneration, carrots give nothing compared to steak, that's why we buy steak (12,8 sat.) It gave the most saturation. Now the new food source, golden carrots gives more saturation (14,4 sat.) This may not seem like a big difference but it is! Since most players eat from the moment they need to eat, this makes a huge difference! The change in placement has made me, and probably a lot fo other players with muscle memory to be buying the wrong item, yes we could just learn to use the new placed. But I think making the placed back to normal (compact but in the right slot) is a better idea.
On top of that, golden carrots where previously exclusive to the rabbit kit. I use this kit all the time and feel a bit betrayed, the golden carrots where an amazing thing of the kit (for the saturation) but now you can just but them in the shop. I'd like to see them remove to be honest.
This being said, the shop is slower for me now. xD

About the new items,
Milk: No idea why you would but it, please enlighten me!
Ladder: Nice, ladder saves but *cough* Bedwars *cough* xD
Wood: Please removed it, Eggwars had the amazing point of only needing a pickaxe to break the egg fast! This should stay so! And again *cough* Bedwars *cough.

IMG_0412.PNG

It's something that changes the game for ever, yes! I'm not saying it should be removed but it needs a gigantic nerf!
It's 18 iron for 20 blocks that is placed in about 10 seconds. 20 Blocks without builder costs 7 iron which is less but you can't place them in 10 seconds plus you risk getting shot of. I would ask for a 1 iron a block in the bridge builder and 1 block a second to make it more balanced!
Since a lot of players who have worked hard to speed/ breezily bridge feel really sad :( (That's not the real reason, the real reason is that they are crazy overpowered!)
The 30 block one that can be bought with emeralds has to get way more expensive or removed. That's an insta bridge to most islands, which is not something that shouldn’t be able to be bought for this price.

The wall builder seems fine to me and has a lot of amazing uses! The stair builder has to be last fast, and the nerd pole is something nice but I don't see myself using it very soon since it uses are very limited, and the price is not worth it in my opinion.

IMG_0413.PNG

OK, now the premise of the update, emeralds! I do like that the shop is "close" to the emerald generator it makes mid more valuable!
  • Speed spot
Remove! I do not want to see any kind of potions in Eggwars, not even for emeralds.
  • Endermite
This is actually something I'm really hyped for!
  • Leap feather
Also, I'm not a big fan, but since it's uses are really great and cool. Keep it!
  • Blast ball
It's really overpowered if given the wrong price! But I do think that 10 emeralds might be a good start. It will be interesting to see them in action in the late game!

About the placement of emerald gen/shop. This has to be rethought, it has to be fair for everyone. The shop and gen have to be connected by land at all times or with a maximum of a three block jump.! I think this is really a must!
2020-05-19_20.53.57.png

IMG_0414.PNG

It needs a lot of updates to be balanced, and the shop has to be remade. A lot of bugs have to be fixed, liek that you can't play half health. xD
2020-05-19_21.02.21.png
Just something extra, why did you change the indicator for when a team has an egg, it looks weird and really seems a bit pointless... it doesn’t change it thing just makes looking at the scoreboard unfamiliar...
Whatever happens to this gamemode, no matter the situation. It must never replace "normal" Eggwars!
I'd really like to see what you guys thing of what I think and about the gamemode itself!
Reply and vote on the poll!
~Fesa

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Any suggestion of your own, I'll happily add with your name to get everything together! Changes in style/... tell me and I might change it. I really hope this will be noticed by staff to make the gamemode better!

Handsralphver

Novice Member
Aug 22, 2019
Its a very cool beta for sure, emerelds auto-build and the shop. I also agree with Fesa need some more updates. Also, it gives the normal players a chance to win. With auto brige they can be faster than people that speed bridge so that's a good I think. But as fesa said its never need to replace the normal eggwars. Just give it a funny name like BrigeEggWars or something. And I think its not going to die like speed eggwars because there are a lot of new players on the server that will boost up the numbers.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
In my opinion the shop is really annoying. I bought many times golden carrots instead of steak or ‘automatic bridge’ instead of blocks. In normal eggwars I always buy 12 steaks in the shop and that isn’t possible in this gamemode. But I think it’s a great update but as you said, it should never replace the normal eggwars because it’s to different.

_iiLqveThat_

Oct 5, 2019
België
View attachment 165184
Hi everyone, I played a few games of Beta Eggwars. And be sure I have some things to say about it! I'll try to be as clear as possible, and promise to not keep it short!
I'll be comparing it a lot with "normal" Eggwars to really show some differences that are good and some that are bad. the order in which I write things is not special and just random.
Here we go!

View attachment 165187
As everyone noticed Beta Eggwars has a different shop that claims to be faster:

While the new buy system may or may not be faster, (more on this later). The placement of the item in the shop is what annoys me most! Take a look at the blocks section before,
View attachment 165190
Now take a look at the one in Beta Eggwars
View attachment 165193
As I agree that having a different slot for a different amount of blocks is a bit pointless. They made a big mistake. Buying blocks is not the upper left corner any more! This might not seem like a big deal to most players but for the players who play a lot and have made buying the right stuff a muscle memory, me included, this is a nightmare! You but the wrong things. With blocks this is not that much of a problem since builders are overpowered, more on that later!
The biggest problem is the food section!
View attachment 165191
Buying steak is 4 to left and 2 down, counted from the upper left corner.
In the new shop,
View attachment 165192
That place is carrots, carrots! Since I mostly play overpowered, buying carrots is straight up stupid, saturation is a big thing in Eggwars (1,9+) for regeneration, carrots give nothing compared to steak, that's why we buy steak (12,8 sat.) It gave the most saturation. Now the new food source, golden carrots gives more saturation (14,4 sat.) This may not seem like a big difference but it is! Since most players eat from the moment they need to eat, this makes a huge difference! The change in placement has made me, and probably a lot fo other players with muscle memory to be buying the wrong item, yes we could just learn to use the new placed. But I think making the placed back to normal (compact but in the right slot) is a better idea.
On top of that, golden carrots where previously exclusive to the rabbit kit. I use this kit all the time and feel a bit betrayed, the golden carrots where an amazing thing of the kit (for the saturation) but now you can just but them in the shop. I'd like to see them remove to be honest.
This being said, the shop is slower for me now. xD

About the new items,
Milk: No idea why you would but it, please enlighten me!
Ladder: Nice, ladder saves but *cough* Bedwars *cough* xD
Wood: Please removed it, Eggwars had the amazing point of only needing a pickaxe to break the egg fast! This should stay so! And again *cough* Bedwars *cough.

View attachment 165198
It's something that changes the game for ever, yes! I'm not saying it should be removed but it needs a gigantic nerf!
It's 18 iron for 20 blocks that is placed in about 10 seconds. 20 Blocks without builder costs 7 iron which is less but you can't place them in 10 seconds plus you risk getting shot of. I would ask for a 1 iron a block in the bridge builder and 1 block a second to make it more balanced!
Since a lot of players who have worked hard to speed/ breezily bridge feel really sad :( (That's not the real reason, the real reason is that they are crazy overpowered!)
The 30 block one that can be bought with emeralds has to get way more expensive or removed. That's an insta bridge to most islands, which is not something that shouldn’t be able to be bought for this price.

The wall builder seems fine to me and has a lot of amazing uses! The stair builder has to be last fast, and the nerd pole is something nice but I don't see myself using it very soon since it uses are very limited, and the price is not worth it in my opinion.

View attachment 165199
OK, now the premise of the update, emeralds! I do like that the shop is "close" to the emerald generator it makes mid more valuable!
  • Speed spot
Remove! I do not want to see any kind of potions in Eggwars, not even for emeralds.
  • Endermite
This is actually something I'm really hyped for!
  • Leap feather
Also, I'm not a big fan, but since it's uses are really great and cool. Keep it!
  • Blast ball
It's really overpowered if given the wrong price! But I do think that 10 emeralds might be a good start. It will be interesting to see them in action in the late game!

About the placement of emerald gen/shop. This has to be rethought, it has to be fair for everyone. The shop and gen have to be connected by land at all times or with a maximum of a three block jump.! I think this is really a must!

View attachment 165202
It needs a lot of updates to be balanced, and the shop has to be remade. A lot of bugs have to be fixed, liek that you can't play half health. xD
View attachment 165203
Just something extra, why did you change the indicator for when a team has an egg, it looks weird and really seems a bit pointless... it doesn’t change it thing just makes looking at the scoreboard unfamiliar...
Whatever happens to this gamemode, no matter the situation. It must never replace "normal" Eggwars!
I'd really like to see what you guys thing of what I think and about the gamemode itself!
Reply and vote on the poll!
~Fesa
omg what did you guys do with the eggwars that we loved, this beta is just so bad. Why would you wanne make this beta eggwars. it doesn't need skill its just wow. pls bring back normal eggwars just don't to this to us. First speed eggwars now normal eggwars this can't be happeing

_iiLqveThat_

Oct 5, 2019
België
Its a very cool beta for sure, emerelds auto-build and the shop. I also agree with Fesa need some more updates. Also, it gives the normal players a chance to win. With auto brige they can be faster than people that speed bridge so that's a good I think. But as fesa said its never need to replace the normal eggwars. Just give it a funny name like BrigeEggWars or something. And I think its not going to die like speed eggwars because there are a lot of new players on the server that will boost up the numbers.
let the normal eggwars stay!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom