Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Have you possibly also considered the cobble walls money making method (first island money making)? And or spruce gathering, with a stone tool you can mine a log in .75 seconds so let’s round that up to 1sec meaning 3k per minute or 180k per hour. More than you’ll ever need on that island (the next island you unlock coco beans). A multiplication of times 44 seems worth the trouble I’d say, although this is totally my opinion.

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Have you possibly also considered the cobble walls money making method (first island money making)? And or spruce gathering, with a stone tool you can mine a log in .75 seconds so let’s round that up to 1sec meaning 3k per minute or 180k per hour. More than you’ll ever need on that island (the next island you unlock coco beans). A multiplication of times 44 seems worth the trouble I’d say, although this is totally my opinion.
The main issue I have with mining and chopping is the regular repairs needed for the tools. Early game, this requires a trip to the hub which is annoying. I would also much rather use that stone and wood you propose to sell to expand my base and build other things that I need.

Also, with mining, chopping, and farming actual player participation is required. With the dropper setup, my goal is to make a simple build, collect free stuff, and reinvest to buy more spawners. This creates a steady flow of money and I can still do other quests or supplement my earning with actual effort.

Also, the numbers I mention in the video were based upon a single spawner. I easily got 8 - 10 spawners in the cow dropper and increased my output by about 10 times.

Mid game, the dropper approach really starts to shine. With zombies, or better pigs, you start making some serious money. Additionally, you can add hoppers to automate the collection. Added bonus, it all still happens while I am away from my console.

This has become part of my routine. When I wake up, I start the game. It eventually times out. I do the same before leaving for work, when I get home, and a other times of the day. It takes a minute or two and the rest just happens automatically.

Your suggestions though are 100% valid. You would absolutely make more money. I'll settle for the easy money in smaller amounts and use the time I got back for other quests and other fun things I would otherwise not able to do if I was using your approach.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Very true all the points you made. I myself have always preferred droppers as well. But you don’t start off with 8-10 spawners. I believe the test was performed using 1 spawner (let’s say this is the spawner you start off with). It would take you +5 hours of afk time to gather the amount needed for another spawner (25k). To put it simply, this is an enormous amount of time, even for afking.

I would much rather spend 10 minutes chopping wood ~4 stone axes. And buy my second spawner. In the best case scenario I would do this 3 times meaning I have a steady supply of income, that as you mentioned already outweighs the need of manual labor.

And don’t understand me wrong, the videos you create are AWESOME and help the community a ton. But I feel though you shouldn’t immediately rely on the cow spawner, I would just add spruce wood to the bunch as a quick money gathering to buy yourself the necessities to start a cow farm.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Since the game relies on grinding and time, I would definitely prefer the automated part, but having to mine and chop is a part of the process and so is durability. So I'd rather go through many axes and pickaxes to earn more so I can buy more spawners than just having to rely on a single spawner alone.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom