Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
In battlezone you have basic potions:
potions.png

Image courtesy of @Gainfullterror

I was wondering how the game would be changed if players where able to combine potions.
(basic+basic = standard)

Advantages:
- More space in the inventory, more op potions.

Disadvantages:
- Stacking/combining potions: Less potions in loot piles for players that have no potions, meaning there is a less fair distribution of potions
- Combining potions: More op potions mean longer fights, and people with less potions have less chances of winning.

Combining potions could either be done, in your inventory, or at certain "Shrines" in the game (hot spots) ?

What are your thoughts on:
- Stacking potions?
- Combining potions?
- Potion combining shrines?

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think we should discuss how the drinking time of potions should be changed first. It is annoying how people can pop off a full heal during a fight. It should around 10-15 seconds to drink those potions.

Maybe with those changes, stacking potions won’t be that much of a problem since you really would be healing outside of battle.

Reactions: Shamel and Lezappen

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think we should discuss how the drinking time of potions should be changed first. It is annoying how people can pop off a full heal during a fight. It should around 10-15 seconds to drink those potions.

Maybe with those changes, stacking potions won’t be that much of a problem since you really would be healing outside of battle.
I'm not a fan of stacked potions, mainly due to players hogging all the potions, scavenging for potions in loot piles will no longer be an option.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I wouldn't prefer to see combining being added. To win a fight you have to have luck to have some potions, and when you can combine them this will be the formula: More potions = Winner of fight 9/10 times. I don't see a problem to stack them, although there should be a max like
Basic: 5
Standard: 3
Advanced: 1

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I'm not a fan of stacked potions, mainly due to players hogging all the potions, scavenging for potions in loot piles will no longer be an option.
I do agree with that point. We already have so much extra inventory space that stacking potions would just be overkill unless we made it so the hotbar was the only inventory you had.

Reactions: Lezappen

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
- Stacking potions?​

I don't like this idea whatsoever. As you said, it'll lead to players hogging potions and giving lots more players disadvantages.
- Combining potions?​
It could be useful but I don't like having to use standard or advanced potions to heal minor health loss. I'd prefer to have it as it is right now. I actually tend to find a lot more standard and advanced that basic. You don't have to pick up the basic potions if you don't want to.

- Potion combining shrines?
As I said, I don't really like the idea of the potion combining. Altars would be neat for Easter Eggs just hidden around. I don't really think they'd be able to serve a purpose other than potion combining.

Reactions: Keanu

Slainbyme__

May 11, 2018
I dont agree with this idea because they will keep drinking potions instead. Sorry if what i say is wrong but i have only played once. Pls no h8

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015

Depends really. Blue potions should be normal, red should take around 5 seconds and the dark blue one 10 seconds.

Reactions: TheBrownster

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I love this idea, but I believe that you should be limited to the amount of times you should be able to combine health potions. As well as needing to sacrifice something in return, such as health (which makes the idea a bit pointless), or receiving slowness after using the Shrine.

Reactions: Despacito 2

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I love this idea, but I believe that you should be limited to the amount of times you should be able to combine health potions. As well as needing to sacrifice something in return, such as health (which makes the idea a bit pointless), or receiving slowness after using the Shrine.
  • Basic hp pots: Max stack of 6.
  • Medium hp pots: Max stack of 2.
  • Advanced hp pots: Max stack of 1, because this potion gives you your full health back.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
  • Basic hp pots: Max stack of 6.
  • Medium hp pots: Max stack of 2.
  • Advanced hp pots: Max stack of 1, because this potion gives you your full health back.
I think that players should only be able to combine Basic to Standard.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
You should be able to combine health potions. As well as needing to sacrifice something in return
Suggestion: You need 4 basic pots to combine them to 1 standard pot, and you need 3 standard pots to combine them to 1 advanced pot.
This seems like a balanced approach
Most of the time I have 7-9 potions in my inventory, so I could carry 5 basic + 3 standard + 1 advanced and be left with 1 basic, 1 standard and 2 advanced when leaving the shrine. meaning I have 5 extra slots to fit in more loot!

For the shrine, I don't know if it could be possible, but if it could have a few particle effects emanating from the shrine when it is in use?
Instead of having a GUI, that forces you to stay put and vulnerable, I think it would be better if there was an offering table or slabs, and the shrine takes time to combine, time that you can use to defend yourself against people wanting to steal your potions.
draftdel.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: remio

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
People can get too stacked, especially if they are alone in a loot point. Just my opinion :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JustNathie wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 💜
Lyriie wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Gefeliciteerdd!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Pritt wrote on Hqteful's profile.