Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this implemented?

• Total voters

Scrub

Sep 24, 2018
Hey, first of all, I am aware that currently, the Badlion Client is a use at your own risk thing currently.

I'm here to suggest a way to make it that CubeCraft can fully allow Badlion Client without worry of people using mods that are not approved. This was quite poorly publicized, but the link below is for a plugin/API that allows server owners to disable specific mods or functions from being enabled. I think even if Badlion Client stays used at your own risk, this should be implemented to prevent people from accidentally using illegal modifications on your network.

https://github.com/BadlionNetwork/BadlionClientModAPI

Thanks for your time,
Scrub.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The main problem with the badlion client, is that we have no possible control over it. Unlike the minecraft launcher, the badlion client is unofficial and we don't know what to expect nor what kind of hidden features it may have. I'd like to keep it at a "Use at your own risk"-mod.
Do you have to download that mod to get access to the server? If yes, I don't agree.
I'm 99% sure the client is only used to be certain a person isn't cheating, since using the client would make it impossible to install clients AFAIK. You can still play without it in theory.

Scrub

Sep 24, 2018
The main problem with the badlion client, is that we have no possible control over it. Unlike the minecraft launcher, the badlion client is unofficial and we don't know what to expect nor what kind of hidden features it may have. I'd like to keep it at a "Use at your own risk"-mod.

I'm 99% sure the client is only used to be certain a person isn't cheating, since using the client would make it impossible to install clients AFAIK. You can still play without it in theory.
I think you may have misunderstood my suggestion.

The API that I have linked is a plugin that allows the developers to stop Badlion Client users from using specific modules or their features such as waypoints or minimap. In a sense giving you infinitely more control over this launcher than the vanilla or forge launchers.

As for the 99% used for cheat prevention, this is also not true. Whilst there is an anti-cheat built in Badlion Client is an all in one mod pack and game optimization client. This streamlines the user experience and helps ensure user safety knowing that all the modules are from a legitimate source and not laced with any hidden cheats etc. If Cubecraft is interested in perhaps utilizing the anti-cheat as well then the administration should feel free to contact bac@badlion.net

Networks including Hypixel use the Badlion Client API to prevent unapproved mods that are a part of the client from being enabled on their servers.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom