Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft buy BAC

• Yes, less hackers

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No, too expensive

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
May 1, 2019
As many of you know, Badlion Client has an anticheat built-in, 'Badlion AntiCheat,' otherwise known as BAC. CubeCraft recently has had A LOT of hackers on the server, and while Sentinel bans them, what if we can ban them faster? Sentinel works well, really well, but not fast. I understand why but I have an idea.

BAC has many good benefits as it doesn't not require every user to use BLC (BadLion Client) but those that do will not be able to hack and will not be able to lose to a hacker. It is extremely accurate from the advanced algorithms BAC uses. I made a Pros and Cons list to cover up most options:

Pros:
  • Anyone using BLC will not be able to hack, resulting in less hackers.
  • Anyone using BLC will have BAC enabled, resulting in more banning of hackers.
  • Make the games more enjoyable due to the lack of hackers
Cons:
This would be a matter of if CubeCraft is willing to use donation money to pay for BAC.

Tell me your thoughts, and vote in the poll.

The NightGhost02

Feb 26, 2017
For a graveyard in Sweden
www.cubecraft.net
I think the devs should just make a update to the anti cheat then bought a new one. For what i have experiense there is not that much cheaters anymore. So I think this isnt the way to go but i may be wrong. o_O

Still tho it's a good idea but cubecraft has devs to make the anti cheat better.:)

May 1, 2019
I think the devs should just make a update to the anti cheat then bought a new one. For what i have experiense there is not that much cheaters anymore. So I think this isnt the way to go but i may be wrong. o_O

Still tho it's a good idea but cubecraft has devs to make the anti cheat better.:)
First off, there are a lot of hackers, especially yesterday specifically. I mean A LOT yesterday. Also, BAC isn't just another anticheat. It is a client side anticheat, as in it will detect hackers from the people fighting the hackers. Do some research into it and you will see why its different than Sentinel and how it can benefit us.

The NightGhost02

Feb 26, 2017
For a graveyard in Sweden
www.cubecraft.net
First off, there are a lot of hackers, especially yesterday specifically. I mean A LOT yesterday. Also, BAC isn't just another anticheat. It is a client side anticheat, as in it will detect hackers from the people fighting the hackers. Do some research into it and you will see why its different than Sentinel and how it can benefit us.
I don't really play much on cubecraft anymore but it's seems better to just update the anticheat and much cheaper. Also this make so the server request a new client for all it's users which seems a bit unnessesery and would make it harder for new users to get on to the server. But I understand your point about it would remove alot more hackers and such.;) But I still feel like it would make more confussion then good for the server.

Btw i didnt mean to quote myself sry:oops:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Badlion can afford having a client because their server is competitive. And their players are all experienced. So requesting them to use a client isn’t very counter productive as they most likely will willingly do it.
But Cubecraft is a whole different story. CubeCraft is more of a child friendly server

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016

I agree, the anti cheat is okay and they're always willing to update it so no worries. The staff team is doing fine as well, so welp.. why investing money if it's all working fine?

Reactions: The NightGhost02

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
Sorry say
I agree, the anti cheat is okay and they're always willing to update it so no worries. The staff team is doing fine as well, so welp.. why investing money if it's all working fine?

Sorry saying "the anti cheat is okay" is nothing but a lie. You can fly on Cubecraft, yes you can fly in 2019, it's not a joke I wish it was. A large server, that can't patch flying. Another basic hack they aren't patching is clip, people get out of their cages before the games begin, once again it's 2019 and you can do these easily patchable cheats. I'm not sure if they don't have an actual anticheat that works along side their cheat detection, to name a few Hypixel's Watchdog works with NoCheatPlus a public plugin. Mineplex's GWEN works alongside PAC, another public plugin. What does sentinel work with? they never said it I highly doubt they have a decent anticheat (for 1.8 at least) I think us, the players, deserve to know about their anticheat and cheat detection systems, similar to what other servers, I'm not talking about private information that could allow hack client developers bypass it, but at least tell us how it works, what does it do?

On the other hand the staff do a great job, although it seems like the same three moderators respond to my reports.

May 1, 2019
I don't really play much on cubecraft anymore but it's seems better to just update the anticheat and much cheaper. Also this make so the server request a new client for all it's users which seems a bit unnessesery and would make it harder for new users to get on to the server. But I understand your point about it would remove alot more hackers and such.;) But I still feel like it would make more confussion then good for the server.

Btw i didnt mean to quote myself sry:oops:
Well, it is not required to use the client. It won’t kick you out if you don’t have it. It will just be recommended to use the client.
This is the most accurate you can find, because this isn’t a server anticheat! It detects hacks because if someone is hacking and fighting you, it will ban them. If you can see someone is hacking, BAC can also, Sentinel can not.
Badlion can afford having a client because their server is competitive. And their players are all experienced. So requesting them to use a client isn’t very counter productive as they most likely will willingly do it.
But Cubecraft is a whole different story. CubeCraft is more of a child friendly server
This is solely for the anticheat purpose. Not everyone would be required to use BLC, and who cares if BLC users are pros? Better than hackers.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Fully support this. People that don’t really care about hackers can use vanilla, but for those that do care, they can use BLC, and have the hackers banned faster for them. The key thing abou thtis is that it is fully optional. From what I see, the only downside is the monetary costs

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Spoiler alert: Management is not going to change it.

Why? Because the anti cheat is pretty decent and is being worked on 24/7 and why buy an anti cheat when you can have one of your developers working on it, with their own system. Yes not everything is patched, but developing an anti cheat is really hard and CrazymanJR and Loony have been doing their best. They do have quite good patches on 1.9 for various clients. You should also remind yourself that once Sentinel has an update, that a client developer will search for a new bypass, it’s a constant cat and mouse game.

Edit: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/sentinel-update.203506/ you might find some info on how sentinel works on here

Reactions: SpringWarz

AngelClick3r

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Oct 12, 2018
mexico
www.cubecraft.net
Muchos dicen que el anticheat esta bien y en algunas veces, ya que de la 1.9 para arriba no ahi casi hackers pero en la 1.8 si abundan y yo estoy de acuerdo que pongan un bac pero muchos piensan que para entrar a cubecraft se necesitara en cliente badlion client y eso es mentira, el bac estará activado para cualquier cliente, mi opinión es que lo hagan para una mejor experiencia en cubecraft :D

English :D

Many say that the anticheat is fine and sometimes, since the 1.9 up there are almost hackers but in the 1.8 if they abound and I agree that they put a bac but many think that to enter cubecraft will be needed in client badlion client and that's a lie, the bac will be activated for any client, my opinion is that they do it for a better cubecraft experience :D

Smoothlyy

Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2019
USA

Badlion has been closed for a year, my guy.

May 1, 2019
English :D

Many say that the anticheat is fine and sometimes, since the 1.9 up there are almost hackers but in the 1.8 if they abound and I agree that they put a bac but many think that to enter cubecraft will be needed in client badlion client and that's a lie, the bac will be activated for any client, my opinion is that they do it for a better cubecraft experience :D
I am referring to 1.8, I have no idea about 1.9+. Tho, in 1.8, I guarantee around 5% of the players hack.
Badlion has been closed for a year, my guy.
No, it’s still making updates and massive strides in progress.
I agree.

But the anticheat still in the store.
Yep.
This isn't as easy as you may think...
Well obviously. It’s going to cost hundreds of dollars, possibly per month. So Cubecraft needs to decide whether they want to invest in it or not.

Smoothlyy

Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2019
USA
I am referring to 1.8, I have no idea about 1.9+. Tho, in 1.8, I guarantee around 5% of the players hack.

No, it’s still making updates and massive strides in progress.

Yep.

Well obviously. It’s going to cost hundreds of dollars, possibly per month. So Cubecraft needs to decide whether they want to invest in it or not.

Ok. Badlion has not be been closed, but the multiplayer server has been closed for a year.

Smoothlyy

Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2019
USA
By *the* multiplayer server, I have no idea what your referring to as there is still hundreds of servers that run with Badlion Anticheat, including big ones.

The Badlion server that was run by the Badlion owners was closed last year. Check their forums.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
The Badlion server that was run by the Badlion owners was closed last year. Check their forums.
He's not talking about the Badlion Server, he's talking about the Badlion Anticheat (BAC).

My personal thoughts: I think the anti-cheat is good enough as of now, no need to invest money for something they've basically already created themselves. Hackers will be hackers and they will always be an issue.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
As many of you know, Badlion Client has an anticheat built-in, 'Badlion AntiCheat,' otherwise known as BAC. CubeCraft recently has had A LOT of hackers on the server, and while Sentinel bans them, what if we can ban them faster? Sentinel works well, really well, but not fast. I understand why but I have an idea.

BAC has many good benefits as it doesn't not require every user to use BLC (BadLion Client) but those that do will not be able to hack and will not be able to lose to a hacker. It is extremely accurate from the advanced algorithms BAC uses. I made a Pros and Cons list to cover up most options:

Pros:
  • Anyone using BLC will not be able to hack, resulting in less hackers.
  • Anyone using BLC will have BAC enabled, resulting in more banning of hackers.
  • Make the games more enjoyable due to the lack of hackers
Cons:
This would be a matter of if CubeCraft is willing to use donation money to pay for BAC.

Tell me your thoughts, and vote in the poll.
What about Mac users... this can’t include them due to the fact badlion doesn’t work on that device.

Reactions: Onik
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom