Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added onto the discord server?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
As we all know, a lot of the CubeCraft community uses the #staff-help channel when they have a question or concern regarding CubeCraft games, however, a lot of the time, the questions here are generally the same and are along the lines of "I found this hacker in a game can someone help me plz". I don't think many seem to read the FAQ, so this would be an easy way to automatically answer general questions. There are two ways to approach this. To do this, you will need the Dyno bot (dyno.gg).

Method 1. Automatically respond to players if they've asked something general like "I found a hacker can someone help me".
So if a player were to ask in #staff-help or any channel in general, "how can I buy a rank", Dyno would automatically respond with a link to the CubeCraft store and possible instructions.

Method 2. Make it a command which players can use but with a cooldown.
Say if a player asks "where can I report hackers", and no staff members respond, a player can simply use the ?reports command to have dyno respond with a link and possible instructions. This command would have a unique cooldown for players so it can't be abused.

Why this should be added?
I think this should be added so staff can have less work and allow them to focus on bigger, more unique questions and answer them to their fullest potential. If the commands system is allowed, community members would be able to respond in staff help and there won't be any worry of them providing the wrong information as the bot would've been set up BY a staff member.

Thanks for taking the time to read this short suggestion!
Dreamspqce.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I sincerely do not support this idea, as I think there are many moderators who are very active and are helping people in need all day long. And I also see a problem, that if they set up a bot for these things the chat would look very weird, all full of messages from the bot.

I don't like this idea.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry I disagree. Because there are a lot of helpers/moderators helping a lot of players each day, also cubecraft is searching for more active moderators. So almost all questions will get an answer. Also I think there will always be a chance the bot will give a false answer, so the player will be helped wrong.

Reactions: Ferrcho and Gregeyy

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Could be a nice addition, but I don't think this is something that the users need.
The #staff-help channel is used to receive support from the staff members, not from a BOT.

Thanks for taking your time on creating this thread though. Have a nice day! :heart:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
The moderation team is always going to be more accurate than a bot. I don’t think it’s worth the saved effort to have less accurate responses.

Reactions: Gregeyy

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Sorry but I don't agree with this, The reason why I don't agree is that a mod will be more accurate than a bot.
I could be useful at times when no mods are online.
Thanks for sharing this with the community!

Reactions: Gregeyy

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I disagree because it would be rather difficult to trigger the bot to give a response. Sure, a few key words could be inserted that would then trigger the bot to respond with something (like "store" and "rank") but it's all about the context: maybe the person in need of help meant something completely different.

Aside from that, personally I would prefer getting help from an actual living and breathing person instead of an automatic bot. There's absolutely no need for this anyway, there's plenty of mods and helpers that are active and are offering help.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
It makes some sense, but it wouldn't really work in most cases which are other than the very common situations you mentionеd.
For exsample, a bot might by able to reply to a message such as ,,ban this hacker" with the message ,,Please record and report on the website" but how will it inform the user that they can't report with laby mod for exsample if the provided video evidence also includes that?
Someone might say ,,It didn't warned me", or something similar which isn't a thing anyone would want, because it'll create more problems than the ones it will solve.
It's always better when a thinking human has the responsibility of watching and giving the correct answers, especially in the more specific situations.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
It would be nice if the first option was possible, but it won't work well. For as far as I know the bot reacts to a certain text being said. Every question starts a bit different so it would be almost impossible and a lot of work to make this function well.

Also in general this won't work in most cases. Every question is a bit different and most questions require a different answer. Yes, some are the same, like the question where to report a hacker as you mentioned, but this is an exception.

So I'm sorry but it's a no from me.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
As many have said, it won't always give the correct information when some keywords are said. It also possibly stops more questions being asked for a situation to become clearer.

Also, an actual person answering your question is much more nicer than a bot. It makes the environment seem a lot more friendly and open!

It is a thoughtful idea though, since Moderators due have a lot of duties.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom